Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

26 Days Of Describing Dubai

26 Days Of Describing Dubai

Old Mar 28th 2010, 12:12 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 26 Days Of Describing Dubai

Amazing

in both good and bad ways....

-
Old Mar 28th 2010, 12:29 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

A complete waste of time taking 26 days to Allude to the awful, Bring to life the base, Clarify the crazy, Describe the dire, Expose the excessive extravagance, Frame the foul, Give you an idea about the gross and grandiose, Hale the horrific, Illustrate the inexpressible, Jot down the jeopardies, Keynote the knavery, Label the lamentable, Make clear the malevolent, Narrate the nefarious, Outline the outrageous, Put into words the periculous, Quote the queer, Reveal the reprehensible, Symbolise the sinking, Tell of the toxic, Understand the unspeakable, Villify the vexatious, Write of the woe, eXtoll the execrable, Yawn at the yucky, and shout ‘Zounds at the zaniness.

Actually, I quite like the place.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 12:32 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
A complete waste of time taking 26 days to Allude to the awful, Bring to life the base, Clarify the crazy, Describe the dire, Expose the excessive extravagance, Frame the foul, Give you an idea about the gross and grandiose, Hale the horrific, Illustrate the inexpressible, Jot down the jeopardies, Keynote the knavery, Label the lamentable, Make clear the malevolent, Narrate the nefarious, Outline the outrageous, Put into words the periculous, Quote the queer, Reveal the reprehensible, Symbolise the sinking, Tell of the toxic, Understand the unspeakable, Villify the vexatious, Write of the woe, eXtoll the execrable, Yawn at the yucky, and shout ‘Zounds at the zaniness.

You have too much time on your hands.

-
Old Mar 28th 2010, 12:33 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

-
haha - I'd just typed that out too...
Old Mar 28th 2010, 12:34 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

-
Afternoon tea break (Molly with the trolley). Forwent my bickie in exchange for the keyboard.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

you are either a genius, a psychopath or simply bored. I can't work it out.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 2:23 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
you are either a genius, a psychopath or simply bored. I can't work it out.
Quite possibly all 3.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon tea break (Molly with the trolley). Forwent my bickie in exchange for the keyboard.
You ate your keyboard?
Old Mar 28th 2010, 3:09 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I am with Patsy and Meow, Amazing
Old Mar 28th 2010, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I am with Patsy and Meow, Amazing
what's amazing about it? I thought that when I came here in 2004 but don't see it anymore. Now I just see it as a mess.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

affected
Old Mar 28th 2010, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
what's amazing about it? I thought that when I came here in 2004 but don't see it anymore. Now I just see it as a mess.
Agreed - it would take something very special (job-wise) to get me back there now.

Of course it can still be a 'fun' place to live (though decreasingly so for work), but so can many other places, and the pervading pessimism (justified in my view) is palpable.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I just wonder ..if you all hate it so much why do you stay?
You can't dislike all of Dubai surely? After all atleast you have a job here and for most of the year the weather in the evenings is lovely.
But hey ho! here we go again..another "Dubai Bashing" thread
Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

alright (sometimes)
Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:53 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

anticlimatic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.