23 days to go!!!

Old Aug 2nd 2017, 6:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: 23 days to go!!!

Originally Posted by jam25mack

Prescription drugs would be required for this.....
100%....and here's me not looking forward to 10/11 hours to Japan and back.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 6:51 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked in for my flight to Blighty on Friday - finding it very difficult to concentrate on work now.

Apart from all of the usual glorious Summer London stuff, I am particularly looking forward to one bit. There is a little known tourist thing called the Ceremony of the Keys at the Tower of London which is booked for months if not years in advance. You go with the Yeomen at the tower to basically lock up the crown jewels and the rest of the building at 9:30pm. Mrs Shed and I were browsing the web the other evening and hit the website which said no bookings until 2019, put in a random date for next week and low and behold, it confirmed for Monday !!

Oh and did I mention that I will be at Stamford Bridge for the first game of the season vs Burnley

Yup, Shed is not doing much work today or tomorrow.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 7:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
Just checked in for my flight to Blighty on Friday - finding it very difficult to concentrate on work now.

Apart from all of the usual glorious Summer London stuff, I am particularly looking forward to one bit. There is a little known tourist thing called the Ceremony of the Keys at the Tower of London which is booked for months if not years in advance. You go with the Yeomen at the tower to basically lock up the crown jewels and the rest of the building at 9:30pm. Mrs Shed and I were browsing the web the other evening and hit the website which said no bookings until 2019, put in a random date for next week and low and behold, it confirmed for Monday !!

Oh and did I mention that I will be at Stamford Bridge for the first game of the season vs Burnley

Yup, Shed is not doing much work today or tomorrow.
That sounds wicked, enjoy.

First game of the season, especially home games and going to watch it....gives me a funny tummy still.....

I've just emailed the Japan Saints supporters club on facebook to see if they are getting together for the first game of the season.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 7:44 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
That sounds wicked, enjoy.

First game of the season, especially home games and going to watch it....gives me a funny tummy still.....

I've just emailed the Japan Saints supporters club on facebook to see if they are getting together for the first game of the season.
Yeah, can't wait for the game. Its very close to my birthday so Mrs Shed has arranged the stadium tour where we'll lunch with some Chelsea legends. What a wife!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of odd flight tickets (though nothing like Brain's byzantine route to Brazil), I booked my tickets on BA as a single ticket and this is the itinerary:

DOH to EDI, flown on Qatar Airways
EDI to JFK, flown on American Airlines
JFK to LHR, flown on British Airways
LHR to DOH, flown on Qatar Airways.

The whole ticket was booked on BA but only one leg is actually flown by BA. Intriguing. Didn't realise it until after I made the booking.

I've a Qatar Airways privilege card. Can I still access the QA lounges even though the ticket is a BA ticket despite two legs being on QA flights? QA lounge in Doha gives me free grub and drinks, far better than anything in the lousy food court below.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 8:03 am
Wannabe Cycling God

I suspect that you can use your card in each of the airports as they're all part of one world and should recognize your status for each flight leg.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on the countdown to trip 5 out of 5 for the summer.

But, on the positive, at least I'll probably go* whereas you are likely to fail to decide how to get to the airport and cancel everything.

*if I don't miss the flight this time.
Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Well, yes, so am I

It'll probably take you the entire flight to decide on your drinks order with the trolley dolly. I pity those who sit behind you.
i don't like either of you anymore!
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Emirates is too dear for me I'm afraid.

I'm flying Dubai -> Istanbul -> Sao Paulo -> Curitiba. Going to be a long ass flight.
bl00dy nora...how many hrs in total???
my trip to Dom Rep is 24 hrs....from here to NY 14 hrs, layover 5 hrs, and then 5 hrs from NY to Punta Cana....not looking forward to that at all
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Something for you to watch before you go, but you could change your mind before then!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTAYDIF3jm0
i'm gonna check that out laterz
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brains1983
yup. the summer round trip for the wife and kids was just over 30k! Nasty routing of DXB->FRA->ABZ->FRA->GIG->FLP->GRU->FRA->DXB. Well any routing that includes ABZ is nasty, but you get my point.
dayummmmm!
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

am curious - why is this such a novelty?
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm on the countdown to trip 5 out of 5 for the summer.
so you've had 4 trips so far? why the sad face?
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Speaking of odd flight tickets (though nothing like Brain's byzantine route to Brazil), I booked my tickets on BA as a single ticket and this is the itinerary:

DOH to EDI, flown on Qatar Airways
EDI to JFK, flown on American Airlines
JFK to LHR, flown on British Airways
LHR to DOH, flown on Qatar Airways.

The whole ticket was booked on BA but only one leg is actually flown by BA. Intriguing. Didn't realise it until after I made the booking.

I've a Qatar Airways privilege card. Can I still access the QA lounges even though the ticket is a BA ticket despite two legs being on QA flights? QA lounge in Doha gives me free grub and drinks, far better than anything in the lousy food court below.
All the flights should have a flight number beginning with QR in addition to BA so you should be fine. Plus the LHR to DOH flight will be leaving from T4, so you won't be able to use the BA lounge in T5 unless you really want to punish yourself.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm going to the UK and will be doing 4 days in a caravan near norfolk. #Keepitreal.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 9:15 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Your first game of the season is actually on Sunday. Looking forward to doing the double over you lot...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.