2018 Holidays

Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2018 Holidays

New Year and all that. Mission's already announced her sex and booze trip to Bali.

I have a safari planned for Zambia in late June and that's the biggie for the year. Weekend in Berlin in conjunction with work in early April. Beyond that rest of year is open (there is a distinct possibility I will spend all of August in the UK for work ) December may see a big family trip to Spain and Portugal over the Christmas holidays.

I'd like to go somewhere in Asia. Maybe a week in western China in October?

What about you? Where will 2018 take you?
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: 2018 Holidays

Fudge knows. We're trying to work it out as we speak.

Work trip to UK in Feb.
Trip to UK in March for wedding.
My 30th likely to be a weekend in Oman, March too.

Beyond that, no idea. I'd like to visit New Zealand and she would too, it's just a bloody long way to go for a wet / winter holiday in July / August.
HK, South Korea, Cambodia and a few others are all great potential but probably lend themselves to lots of long weekends - along with some East African spots.
Who knows. Maybe America, just a long way away.

What's in Western China?
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Fudge knows. We're trying to work it out as we speak.

Work trip to UK in Feb.
Trip to UK in March for wedding.
My 30th likely to be a weekend in Oman, March too.

Beyond that, no idea. I'd like to visit New Zealand and she would too, it's just a bloody long way to go for a wet / winter holiday in July / August.
HK, South Korea, Cambodia and a few others are all great potential but probably lend themselves to lots of long weekends - along with some East African spots.
Who knows. Maybe America, just a long way away.

What's in Western China?
Yunnan and Sichuan provinces are what I was thinking about. More off the beaten path. I did the easy bit last year when I went to Shanghai and Beijing.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 11:29 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

A week in the wilds of Oman with my brother in a couple of weeks.

Have a few places to cram in before I leave Dubai later in the year so a few from among: Armenia, Laos/Cambodia, Madagascar, Djibouti/Somaliland, Namibia....

The big blow-out though is Antarctica in December (with Patagonia as a delicious side-dish)!!
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
A week in the wilds of Oman with my brother in a couple of weeks.

Have a few places to cram in before I leave Dubai later in the year so a few from among: Armenia, Laos/Cambodia, Madagascar, Djibouti/Somaliland, Namibia....

The big blow-out though is Antarctica in December (with Patagonia as a delicious side-dish)!!
Leaving Dubai? Where are you moving to?

My dad's aunt went to Antarctica no fewer than four times said it was magical.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 11:41 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Leaving Dubai? Where are you moving to?

My dad's aunt went to Antarctica no fewer than four times said it was magical.
Retiring to resume the rights afforded to me by my British citizenship* in saaaaaf Lahndahn. Hence I don't have to worry about being able to take off for most of December for the dubious pleasure of pitching about green-faced and nauseous in a dormitory shared with strangers on a rust bucket bouncing around the southern ocean (via Las Malvinas) and paying the price of a new car for the privilege.

*it's a British passport that I don't have: my parentage does however make me a British citizen (or more correctly, subject) regardless.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Retiring to resume the rights afforded to me by my British citizenship* in saaaaaf Lahndahn. Hence I don't have to worry about being able to take off for most of December for the dubious pleasure of pitching about green-faced and nauseous in a dormitory shared with strangers on a rust bucket bouncing around the southern ocean (via Las Malvinas) and paying the price of a new car for the privilege.

*it's a British passport that I don't have: my parentage does however make me a British citizen (or more correctly, subject) regardless.
When man is tired of life, he moves to London

Will you be stopping in the Falklands along the way?
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 11:51 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Wife and kids will be coming in Easter for a week. Summer I'll probably head to the UK. I want to see Japan and India (amongst others) while I'm here, but that may have to wait.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 1:29 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

3 nights / 4 days in Barcelona in March (cheap flights, top-notch hotel ).
Maybe Prague in the summer.
'Er indoors might come out to Morocco for some golf.
Cadiz / Jerez possibly in the autumn.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Russia in June/July for the World Cup if my ticket bid is successful.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 4:21 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pongo
Russia in June/July for the World Cup if my ticket bid is successful.
Crikey. You're brave.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from 2 weeks in Vietnam getting totally lost on motorbikes with a good mate, heading off to China in about 1 month for a month...first stop will be Dalian (where I have a small farm on the outskirts of the City, then to Yunnan.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 2:16 am
...we killed the flame

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
When man is tired of life, he moves to London

Will you be stopping in the Falklands along the way?
Never 'erd of 'em..
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Amsterdam at the end of the month for a stag do
Manchester in March for a few United games (Liverpool and Sevilla)
Budapest in March for a stag do
London in May for a wedding
Cambodia in Nov

Will probably squeeze another trip to Asia in sometime...

Next year I have a safari and Kilimanjaro on my hit list along with S. America.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Never 'erd of 'em..
Small group of islands in the south Atlantic that's been a British territory for 170 years and a population that voted to stay with the UK 98%-2%. Supposed to be an interesting place to visit although I'm told they don't look kindly on patronising politically correct know-it-alls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.