Brexit Negotiations

Old Aug 30th 2017, 6:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Brexit Negotiations

I can't summon the strength to pay attention to this at the moment.

Any time I see or read anything on the news it just pains me to think of how bad a job we will do.
Fingers crossed it's done so badly we remain part of major elements that work so we end up like closer to a Norway than a No-Way.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Negotiations

I've given up and got very bored with it, just get on with it, leave, scrap the EU Courts, scrap uncontrolled immigration, do some trade deals with the larger growing economies and move on.

It's more painful than both of my divorces.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 6:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
I've given up and got very bored with it, just get on with it, leave, scrap the EU Courts, scrap uncontrolled immigration, do some trade deals with the larger growing economies and move on.

I'm a shock agreement with your second statement, assuming these divorces were at least mildly painful.

I don't expect it to be childish and stroppy but it seems it might end up a bit that way, nor do I expect something so complicated and important to be dealt with overnight...but this feels directionless.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing

you been divorced twice?
Old Aug 30th 2017, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I don't expect it to be childish and stroppy but it seems it might end up a bit that way, nor do I expect something so complicated and important to be dealt with overnight...but this feels directionless.
Its been like that for months already and for the majority of this its been the EU acting like kids..... the you owe us 50Bn, no 60 Bn, no 80 Bn, no 90 Bn, no 100 Bn.... chat. Only once the UK have agreed to this rapidly increasing number will they even consider sitting down to bash out an agreement.

I say screw em. Stop the monthly payments, throw the keys in the channel and then walk away and leave them hanging with no military might to speak of and pretty much zero in the way of intelligence gathering / reporting. Bye!

I think it was Forbes or similar who reviewed that whole matter and came back with a report that showed the EU should actually be the ones paying the UK in the settlement, however, the EU have stated that X, Y and Z won't be included in the calculations and hence the reversal.

We all know they are plucking the number out of the sky anyway as the EU hasn't ever had an audit and so the numbers aren't out there.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 7:51 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from a two week break in Germany. Sat having dinner in the sun outside a great brauhaus one evening, we offered the spare seats at our table to two late middle aged German couples. They thanked us, in English, sat down and then proceeded to bitch about bloody English people coming to Germany on holiday whilst wanting to leave the EU. I don't speak very good German but can understand enough that I realised that they were being very uncomplimentary about, specifically, the English. When they left I said, in my awful German, that I hoped they enjoyed the rest of their evening. The looks on their faces was priceless
Old Aug 30th 2017, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait to be able to buy a SRT charger in the UK and a host of medications for conditions that I didn't know I had. And cheap oversized medicated chicken.

The negotiations are a disaster. Regardless of your thoughts on Brexit, there really is no point in negotiating anything.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I can't wait to be able to buy a SRT charger in the UK and a host of medications for conditions that I didn't know I had. And cheap oversized medicated chicken.

The negotiations are a disaster. Regardless of your thoughts on Brexit, there really is no point in negotiating anything.
So just like here then....
Old Aug 30th 2017, 9:37 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

I blame that silly brazilian woman who brought the court case. That wasted weeks and months that could have been better used.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 3:22 pm