Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Saint Lucia
Reload this Page >

Trying to find the best ROTI in St Lucia

Trying to find the best ROTI in St Lucia

Old Jun 29th 2014, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trying to find the best ROTI in St Lucia

I've been trying some roti here recently, as a nice change - a local bakery has it on offer a couple of times a week and it's just ok there.

I've also tried it at rum shops and cafes but the chicken roti often leaves an awful lot to be desired because the quality of chicken used is typically dreadful - if it is chicken .

Any ideas as to where to get good quality good value roti - veg, fish, goat or chicken?

I know that Auberge Seraphine has it at a price, but it can usually be amalgamated as part of the lunch special which makes it much more reasonable - there is also lobster roti there, in season .

I see 5 O'clock Somewhere at Marigot Bay has it but I'm not sure of the value for money and the place is apparently closed right now as part of or because of the Capella renovation.

My search area is north of Anse La Raye.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jun 29th 2014 at 1:36 pm. Reason: I see 5 O'clock Somewhere at Marigot Bay
Old Jun 30th 2014, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

jb_has_questions is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trying to find the best ROTI in St Lucia

I can't say it's the best roti, however, I did enjoy it when I had it. I forget the exact name of the place but it is something like Trini 4 U. It is close to RB and is on the east side of the road. It is a white building with some blue trim and I think the sign is red.
I did not have a meat roti , but a Chana roti with potato and I did enjoy it.
I am always hesitant to order chicken because there is always small bone bits and whatnots so I did not try a meat one.
Have you eaten there yet?
Old Jul 1st 2014, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jb_has_questions
I can't say it's the best roti, however, I did enjoy it when I had it. I forget the exact name of the place but it is something like Trini 4 U. It is close to RB and is on the east side of the road. It is a white building with some blue trim and I think the sign is red.
I did not have a meat roti , but a Chana roti with potato and I did enjoy it.
I am always hesitant to order chicken because there is always small bone bits and whatnots so I did not try a meat one.
Have you eaten there yet?
Thanks for this. Haven't tried anywhere up north yet but will look out for this one when next up there and safely able to scan the roadside areas, near the Monchy gap?
Old Jul 7th 2014, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of light

There is a guy whom sells them on the street in gros islet, he walks round to business places and sells them at EC$10 each, the chicken in them is pure breast, no bones so they are lovely. I personally make my own including the shells - once you have done it a couple of times its really easy - I love them!
Old Jul 8th 2014, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sarah1234
There is a guy whom sells them on the street in gros islet, he walks round to business places and sells them at EC$10 each, the chicken in them is pure breast, no bones so they are lovely. I personally make my own including the shells - once you have done it a couple of times its really easy - I love them!
Thanks for that! Yep my wife typically buys the shells but makes the contents.

At 4Js Trinidadian the chicken was the 'usual' load of bones which supposedly St Lucians like to suck on, but the veggie was both good and tasty, as was the Buss-up Shot, with curried mango and chana-aloo-potato ($20).
Old Jul 9th 2014, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

twostars is an unknown quantity at this point

4Js is terrible.

The best I've had is Prudee's which is on the main road just after the Shell at Gros Islet (coming from the south). The beef is the best, but they also have fish and chicken. The local juice is excellent as well. Costs $12.