St Lucian Driving Licence

Old Oct 12th 2011, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of light
Default St Lucian Driving Licence

Hi I would like to apply for a St Lucian Driving Licence as it would be a lot easier than paying for permits all the time, I have a full international (UK) driving licence. Does anyone have any idea on how I apply for this, do I have to go for a test?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: St Lucian Driving Licence

Originally Posted by Sarah1234
Hi I would like to apply for a St Lucian Driving Licence as it would be a lot easier than paying for permits all the time, I have a full international (UK) driving licence. Does anyone have any idea on how I apply for this, do I have to go for a test?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah.
As long as the groups (manual or automatic) that you intend to drive under are those on your existing valid intl drivers licence you should be fine and no test is required.

You will need a medical form from the Ministry of Transport in Union and get the back filled out by your local doctor to certify that you are in a fit condition to drive a vehicle.

Plus best to carry ID (passport) plus two passport size photos for the application plus residency or St Lucia passport or title deeds of your property here.

Then again head up to the Ministry of Transport in Union to hand over the requisite items and the completed application form pay the fee for three years ($300) and get a licence photo done and then your licence. They are open from 8:00 am until 2:00 pm Monday to Friday to do this for you but from my own experience it is good to show up at around 9:30 am as the queues are usually shorter.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks PistolPete,

I thought it was possible to get one, what a palavar though, typical St Lucia, lots of running around! LOL, still keeps one fit!

Sarah
Old Oct 13th 2011, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah1234
Thanks PistolPete,

I thought it was possible to get one, what a palavar though, typical St Lucia, lots of running around! LOL, still keeps one fit!

Sarah
As they say, let me tell you, if you didn't know the ropes beforehand there would be twice as much running around, as I unfortunately recall.

You could show up there at 1:55 pm and that would be it for the day and you would have to come back some other time. I did lose my cool once when they looked like they were being almost deliberately obstructive so just and take your licks.