Moving to St. Lucia?

Old Jan 14th 2011, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Kitster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to St. Lucia?

I have been thinking about moving to St. Lucia for a while, and I was wondering about some details.

-How easily could I obtain citizenship? My mother was born there, and I still have family there.
-Is there any opportunity to study out there? How much does education cost and how easy is it to get into? Would it be better to get my degree in England first?
-If I get my degree first, how difficult would it be to find employment? I will be getting a degree in Adult Nursing if it makes a difference. I would love to work in the new Johnson memorial home, as it was my great-grandmothers house.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice =)

Kitty x
Old Jan 16th 2011, 1:56 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to St. Lucia?

Originally Posted by Kitster
I have been thinking about moving to St. Lucia for a while, and I was wondering about some details.

-How easily could I obtain citizenship? My mother was born there, and I still have family there.
-Is there any opportunity to study out there? How much does education cost and how easy is it to get into? Would it be better to get my degree in England first?
-If I get my degree first, how difficult would it be to find employment? I will be getting a degree in Adult Nursing if it makes a difference. I would love to work in the new Johnson memorial home, as it was my great-grandmothers house.

Kitty x
Hi Kitty,

Gaining citizenship through your mother is straight forward, contact the St Lucia High Commision in London and ask them to send you the correct appication form to complete. If your mother is married they will ask for her marriage certificate as well as her birth certificate. You will also have to send your full birth certificate and some photo's. They will then call you in for an interview and the High Commisioner will certify one of your photos, seal the application and send it for final approval in St Lucia. After a few weeks you will have your certificate of citizenship........ Word of warning the High Commison can drag their feet, so I had to really prompt them, mind you I did mine a few years ago so they may be more efficient now.

On the education front I would say get your degree while you are in the UK because you have a much wider choice of Universities and educational opportunities. If you can also get some work experience that would be a bonus.

Now armed with your citizenship and degree you will be ready to take St Lucia by storm.

Good luck
Old Jan 17th 2011, 1:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.stlucia.gov.lc/saint_luci...itizenship.htm

There may of course have been subsequent legislation but this is how it was commenced back in 1979.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:11 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
http://www.stlucia.gov.lc/saint_luci...itizenship.htm

There may of course have been subsequent legislation but this is how it was commenced back in 1979.
Its pretty much the same now.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Kitty x
Kitty,

There are three places for further education in St Lucia; University of the West Indies Open Campus, Sir Arthur Lewis Community College (SALCC) and Monroe College. It's my guess that the SALCC associate degree courses are in general nursing but check it out on their website.

At SALCC the entry standards are high though the fees for St Lucians are low, being subsidised, but this again suggests you are better proceeding over there first.