Moving with my son

Old Apr 13th 2014, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

ladywebster is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving with my son

Hi, I'm new to British expats so let me give you a bit of background. I myself am from the UK, visited St.Lucia many times and have close friends (local) who live all over the island. Also have a son who is 9 and dual national (british and Vincentian)

I'm hoping to come over for about 6 months, think it will be a great experience for my son and myself. We will be staying with friends in the north of the island. I'm also a hairstylist so was hoping to get work, I don't have very much experience in afro hair but am keen to learn.....ideally I would prefer to work with western hair and wandering how much demand there would be as I understand there is a lot of expats about.

Schooling for my son is also an issue, I'm happy for him to attend a local school as I don't have the funds to send him to any private ones.

Any advice on these issues will be greatly appreciated
-schooling
-work visa
-demand for a western hairdresser