Not responding to emails

Old Oct 24th 2017, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not responding to emails

For a while now I've been trying to make contact with Stewart & Associates in Sans Souci on Compton. They are not responding to emails, I can't get a response when calling the phone numbers listed on their website and I haven't yet had a response from their Contact Us link on their website. Does anybody know of them and whether there is something abnormal going on there - have they actually moved or changed their underlying details without changing their website? Thanks!

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Oct 24th 2017 at 7:25 am.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 4:36 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not responding to emails

I know nothing about the company but i do know about island time and the habits of local companies. Some regard email as an inconvenience to be looked at once a week, some forget the password occasionally and some just get spemmed so much they cant see the the wood for the trees, phoning generally works better.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
I know nothing about the company but i do know about island time and the habits of local companies. Some regard email as an inconvenience to be looked at once a week, some forget the password occasionally and some just get spemmed so much they cant see the the wood for the trees, phoning generally works better.
Indeed, invariably in the past I have called to follow up on an unanswered email only to be told that they are just about to answer my email.

I have tried calling them again today but to no avail. The phone rings but nobody picks up. I use skype to call and it is possible that they don't answer calls from non skype contacts . Who knows? I'm a client and have always had to follow-up on emails but this year I just can't fathom what is going on and I'm not planning to be in St Lucia any time soon, which is a bit of a problem. If St Lucia Inland Revenue answered their emails we wouldn't be in this position. Ho hum!

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Oct 24th 2017 at 4:59 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Dwight Rasta is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just tried all four numbers from my local Lucian phone and only one rings (no answer). They're only opposite the fisheries so next time I go by there I will try and remember to take a look.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dwight Rasta
I've just tried all four numbers from my local Lucian phone and only one rings (no answer). They're only opposite the fisheries so next time I go by there I will try and remember to take a look.
Thanks Dwight! I had somebody call those numbers locally the other day and had the same result. Actually my Mrs is in St Lucia this weekend and was planning to be in that area to check that and other things. If you can beat her to it then that would save some trouble. Somebody I spoke to in that area today said they might have gone out of business and gave me an alternative to use. All very strange!

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Nov 15th 2017 at 5:14 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Unfortunately, you know, companies come and go and if the principle person has problems then the whole company suffers. They're right next to the park opposite the fisheries there but your Mrs. will probably be checking before me. Bless her.

It's not far for me but still a short bus ride, then one back and a rum in town before I go home. I live in Castries but after a EC$3.00 bus journey I will definitely need a rum or two because by the time I get back it will be rum o'clock.

I will check next time I go and buy fish.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

PM me and get my local number, we can meet and I might even buy her a beer in Jeremie Street.
No problem, I'm to old for any other shenanegings. She's probably young enough to be my daughter (or grand daughter-LOL). Yes I am very old. Very, Very old.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Or you can Skype me. I have a global plan and a UK Skype number (Brighton).
Old Nov 16th 2017, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Unfortunately, you know, companies come and go and if the principle person has problems then the whole company suffers. They're right next to the park opposite the fisheries there but your Mrs. will probably be checking before me. Bless her.

It's not far for me but still a short bus ride, then one back and a rum in town before I go home. I live in Castries but after a EC$3.00 bus journey I will definitely need a rum or two because by the time I get back it will be rum o'clock.

I will check next time I go and buy fish.
Ha Ha Ha! Anything for a rum, I know the feeling.

Indeed I was thinking that the principle person had had problems and that was 'it'. Or they moved (North) and haven't updated anything and don't reply to emails.

We have lived in St Lucia for a number of years in the past and know where everything is but getting in touch with people is NEVER easy at the best of times - I couldn't reach the 'replacement' person yesterday after calling them and their office numerous times and the reason I spoke personally to somebody in that area is because they too hadn't been replying to my emails due to some problem.

Having to physically go to St Lucia in order to get certain things done is becoming less of a joke in spite of the excellence of certain rums - actually my favourite is from Guyana and I can get it at one of my locals in Dorset when in the UK, though at three times the price per proper measure. Here in Portugal one has to go with the local spirit aguadente, some of which is truly excellent.

The Mrs will simply have to be like me when I headed north to Castries to typically get my 'shopping list' of thirteen odd items done and I used to park right by Fisheries. Hopefully if Stewart & Associates CAN be located they will have enough time to 'turn things around' before she leaves.

Cheers!

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Nov 16th 2017 at 4:29 am. Reason: The Mrs will simply have to be like me......
Old Nov 16th 2017, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

PM me and get my local number, we can meet and I might even buy her a beer in Jeremie Street.
No problem, I'm to old for any other shenanegings. She's probably young enough to be my daughter (or grand daughter-LOL). Yes I am very old. Very, Very old.
I think that my wife will be tied up with her existing stuff, chores and obligations - she is a Lucian - to have time to stop by for a beer with anybody. That's why I'm trying to clear her path for her but without very much success so far, while I'm here home alone. Nice try though!

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Nov 16th 2017 at 8:40 am. Reason: That's why I'm trying to clear her path for her.....
Old Nov 17th 2017, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Unfortunately, you know, companies come and go and if the principle person has problems then the whole company suffers.
Indeed I have it on good authority that the owner was sick and had tried to sell the business for several years and then shut up shop. I wonder where the files went - when on the ground there it should become clearer, if there is any correspondence lying around.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

S.K. is an unknown quantity at this point

I would suggest you ask someone to go there in person. I know this is not a great solution, but especially in cases where you will need them to follow up with you this is your best option.
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by S.K.
I would suggest you ask someone to go there in person. I know this is not a great solution, but especially in cases where you will need them to follow up with you this is your best option.
Further to my post #11 above, indeed it has gone out of business and there don't seem to be any plans to get clients' files to them, or even communicate with them - certainly not by mail. I've emailed the former owner but can't get a reply there either.

In the meantime, I'm having to start from scratch and find a new St Lucia rep for tax and related work but without the requisite files to start-up properly.

Nobody ever said it would be easy.