Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Saint Lucia
Reload this Page >

Long-term St. Lucia Visa Renewal / Application

Long-term St. Lucia Visa Renewal / Application

Old Apr 16th 2012, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Your Friend is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Long-term St. Lucia Visa Renewal / Application

Hello everyone,

I am considering working in St. Lucia and I am able to obtain a work visa.

My girlfriend however, is Japanese, and it appears that she is only eligible for a 6-week tourist visa upon her arrival at the airport. She also must have an outgoing flight ticket within that 6-week time-frame in her possession.

Are there any actions that could be taken which could ensure she stays with me in St. Lucia for the duration of my employment (about ten months)? I have read that you can "sometimes" renew your visa at the immigration office in Castries, and I have also read that you can make "visa runs" to Martinique, but I'm not sure how reliable this information is. I have tried to contact St. Lucia immigration on a few occasions, but I've yet to receive a reply.

Any insight into this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot, and have a wonderful day!
Old Apr 16th 2012, 2:52 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long-term St. Lucia Visa Renewal / Application

Have you tried the High Commission in London for any advice on this ?

The High Commission for Saint Lucia
1 Collingham Gardens
London
SW5 0HW

Telephone:
0207 370 7123

Fax:
0207 370 1905

Email :
[email protected]
Old Apr 17th 2012, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Your Friend is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that info pgtips. I've emailed the address you provided.

I also received an email from Immigration telling me that I should contact the Labour Department for a work visa for her. I'm not sure how this will rectify the situation, but we shall see.

Thanks again.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 7:36 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Your Friend
Thanks for that info pgtips. I've emailed the address you provided.

I also received an email from Immigration telling me that I should contact the Labour Department for a work visa for her. I'm not sure how this will rectify the situation, but we shall see.

Thanks again.
No problems, good luck.