Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Saint Lucia
Reload this Page >

import tariff coming from caricom countries

import tariff coming from caricom countries

Old Apr 14th 2014, 10:52 am
Just Joined

1zulu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default import tariff coming from caricom countries

Does anyone know if St. Lucia imposes an import tariff on goods purchased in a Caricom country? I would like to purchase some home furnishings in the Dominican Republic to ship into St. Lucia. If St. Lucia does indeed impose tariffs on Caricom goods does anyone know what the rate is or how it is determined? I have searched the internet, including the government's websites but cannot find the information that I seek.
Thanks in advance for any help regarding this question.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 12:38 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: import tariff coming from caricom countries

Originally Posted by 1zulu
....... Thanks in advance for any help regarding this question.
The St Lucia Customs Dept web site is not overly helpful, except that it says to contact them, and gives a phone number. So call them.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

1zulu is an unknown quantity at this point

Pulaski, Thanks for your good advise. Subsequent to sending my question to this group I was able to get the answer regarding duty on imports between Caricom countries. If anyone out there is interested, no tax is incurred on goods between Caricom countries as long as those goods are made within that country. In other words if I buy Italian furnishings in The Dominican Republic and ship them to St. Lucia duty will be imposed.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of

More complicated, but essentially true. Raw materials might be imported but if manufactured, then exempt.

Go to the Customs House and get the handbook if you want more specifics.