You know your in the UK when .....

Old Oct 17th 2012, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know your in the UK when .....

You know you're in the UK when.............. you see more people outside a pub smoking than you see inside the pub drinking.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
I've no idea, I was in hospital when I read it.
when.......you have our Wonderful NHS
Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
You know you're in the UK when the Jobcentre tell you to call their local number instead of the 0845 number on their letters, because their call handling centre has cut the number of staff.

Hire more people, you idiots!
Or send any unskilled migrants to our shores home......we are full......
Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
... when you can use the word "fortnight".

As in "My bin only gets collected once a bloody fortnight!"
Ours only needs emptying every fortnight.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
You know you're in the UK when......... you watch your groceries pile up after being scanned before you realise no one is going to bag them for you.
AND you dont have your bags searched when you leave a store
Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

You know you're in the UK when......... you forget that it's pay as you go in the pub and you can't run up a tab......... no bad thing.
We can run a tab in pubs near us........and we are not even locals lol....
Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Grayling

Seen exactly the same thing in many US and Australian airport lounges.......by the locals....not package holiday makers
LOl Perth Airport when the locals are waiting for the Bali flight....seriously those Aussie's really do like to drink...anytime anyplace anywhere lol...
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:14 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

You know you're in the UK when.............. you see more people outside a pub smoking than you see inside the pub drinking.

Yer right there.

Being a none smoker I really laugh at the poor smokers who have to go outside of a pub in the middle of winter to get a fix of their drug addiction and come back in dishevelled and frozen.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:18 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Yer right there.

Being a none smoker I really laugh at the poor smokers who have to go outside of a pub in the middle of winter to get a fix of their drug addiction and come back in dishevelled and frozen.
I'm a non-smoker, and one of the reasons I don't go to pubs is that I don't want to walk through groups of smokers standing in the doorway.

I can't be arsed having to keep asking them to keep the doorway clear.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 11:42 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I cant say we have experienced groups of smokers outside pub doors, there tend to be smoking areas off to the side somewhere.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 11:43 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Ours only needs emptying every fortnight.
Ours are every week but we could easily go every fortnight. Recycling is every fortnight.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
I'm a non-smoker, and one of the reasons I don't go to pubs is that I don't want to walk through groups of smokers standing in the doorway.

I can't be arsed having to keep asking them to keep the doorway clear.
I too am a non- smoker and agree with you, the smoking area is ALWAYS in front of the entrance door around these parts, most have seating, tables and a marque roof for comfort.
I don't deny that a smoker has as much right as I to go to the pub and visit, but I can't stand having to walk through the smoke to get to the smoke free parts
Old Oct 17th 2012, 4:09 pm
Banned

Old Oct 17th 2012, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Yes I always laugh too, with so many pubs closing you would think the trade would cotton on to the fact that people don't want to start an evening out with a lungful of 2nd hand smoke.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Yes I always laugh too, with so many pubs closing you would think the trade would cotton on to the fact that people don't want to start an evening out with a lungful of 2nd hand smoke.
It is my understanding that pubs are closing because of:

1. The smoking ban

2. The pressure put on pub tenants in terms of rent and beer price by the Pubcos

3. The availability of cheap beer through supermarkets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.