You know your in the UK when .....

Old Oct 14th 2012, 7:54 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know your in the UK when .....

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
You know you're in the UK when people ask you how you are or how your day is going, its because they genuinely do want to know and actually care enough to stop and listen to the answer.
We found when we were in the States and were asked the question it didnt matter what you replied the response was exactly the same. You could say you were having a crap day and they would say 'great'.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

You know you're in the UK when......... you watch your groceries pile up after being scanned before you realise no one is going to bag them for you.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:37 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

We always get asked if we want them bagged, we always do it ourselves.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

You know you're in the UK when......... you forget that it's pay as you go in the pub and you can't run up a tab......... no bad thing.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:09 am
Banned

Sorry but we have been able to that and not just our local. Im not just disagreeing but we arent finding the same things. We have been asked several times if we want to pay when we are finished but we always pay as we go, less tempting
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:10 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
You can have afternoon tea at Betty's!

A selection of sandwiches (no crusts!), scones with cream and jam, a variety of cakes and tarts along with lashings of tea (tm The Famous Five). That's how we spent a happy hour or two with friends today who were visiting from Manchester

I don't think the two-mile walk I took right afterwards made much of a dent in the calories
It's about 50 Calories (kcal) per walked mile for an average-sized person (higher if you jog, because of the lower metabolic efficiency). So you made a decent dent with your walk.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

You know you're back in the UK when............... you see package tour holidaymakers drinking pints at 7.a.m. in the morning in airport lounges.

"I'm on me holidays and I'm gonna bloody well enjoy it."
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Sorry but we have been able to that and not just our local. Im not just disagreeing but we arent finding the same things. We have been asked several times if we want to pay when we are finished but we always pay as we go, less tempting
My recent experience in a busy non-local oriented rural Uk pub with food and outside seating or nooks where you cannot be seen is that if you want to run up a tab they will want to take your credit card. Fine if you are known, as in your local, but Brits and other jolly Europeans (e.g. Latvians??) are now fairly big at doing runners after enjoying the finest of the menu and wine list.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
My recent experience in a busy non-local oriented rural Uk pub with food and outside seating or nooks where you cannot be seen is that if you want to run up a tab they will want to take your credit card. Fine if you are known, as in your local, but Brits and other jolly Europeans (e.g. Latvians??) are now fairly big at doing runners after enjoying the finest of the menu and wine list.
I think it is terrible that only Brits and Europeans will do a runner I must admit I havent come across needing to hand over a credit card. I have an honest face and we live in a nice area, probably helps.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:44 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
You know you're back in the UK when............... you see package tour holidaymakers drinking pints at 7.a.m. in the morning in airport lounges.

"I'm on me holidays and I'm gonna bloody well enjoy it."

Seen exactly the same thing in many US and Australian airport lounges.......by the locals....not package holiday makers
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I think it is terrible that only Brits and Europeans will do a runner I must admit I havent come across needing to hand over a credit card. I have an honest face and we live in a nice area, probably helps.

Not sure what you are insinuating! The UK, one has to assume, is trying not to create an image of being a siege society, however some are clearly taking advantage wherever they are and (some) pub owners must act accordingly by making it the same rule for all.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:47 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

You know you're in the UK when......... you forget that it's pay as you go in the pub and you can't run up a tab......... no bad thing.
Have run up a tab many times

What sort of places do you visit?
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

You know you're in the UK when............ you see package tour holidaymakers turning up at arrivals wearing sombreros and carrying stuffed donkeys.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

You know you're in the UK when............ you see package tour holidaymakers turning up at arrivals wearing sombreros and carrying stuffed donkeys.
Just another form of evidence! No point in going if you don't have the evidence (T-Shirt).
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:59 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2

Not sure what you are insinuating! The UK, one has to assume, is trying not to create an image of being a siege society, however some are clearly taking advantage wherever they are and (some) pub owners must act accordingly by making it the same rule for all.
Not insinuating anything, it was what I like to call....A JOKE.
Is there any need to try and create an image that we arent a siege society ? What a very odd thing to say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.