Why come back to Britain?????

Old Dec 8th 2005, 6:49 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why come back to Britain?????

And I'm not Xenophobic - I hate everyone!!
Originally Posted by Manc
I hate immigrants, so I'm going to be an immigrant.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

eliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant future

To Manc.....Britain is old news. The countries of the future are those with space and plenty of natural resources. All Britain has to offer is coal and scroungers....manufacturing is dying, agriculture is dying, north sea oil and gas is dying, the infrastructure is crumbling, the NHS is running into huge debt, pensions are in crisis, illegal immigration is out of control, the entire benefits system is sucking the working man dry and Gorden Brown still comes back for more.....but the people on here that have attacked my statements are living in OZ/ NZ and are not living here in the thick of it to see it.

Business is not going to take it anymore....I work in the IT Industry much of it now being rapidly outsourced to India/ Asia because British labour is expensive and undertrained. I am in contact with clients all the time and company after company is downsizing in the new year.....this country is in trouble, but the population are only just waking up to see it.

Whereas Brazil admitted has different types of problems but there currency has strengthened massively to the pound in the last 6 months, the Sao Paulo Stock Exchange has had the best performance on record. The Agricultural sector is the second largest in the world, they have a rapidly growing IT sector and with all that they have VAST RESOURCES which grants huge self sufficiency in times of trouble. In addition South American countries are starting to work together.....there is a future here.

Britain does not have that luxury and it has long past the point than in a time of crisis (war or an oil/ energy crisis) that it would survive unscathed. Uncontrolled immigration of the wrong type is KILLING this country with many cities now looking no different to Nigeria and Pakistan....the Brits are lumped together with an alien culture that despises our very existence.....(France 3 weeks ago) is a taster of what is to come.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:36 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eliscolin
.....but the people on here that have attacked my statements are living in OZ/ NZ and are not living here in the thick of it to see it.

Business is not going to take it anymore....I work in the IT Industry much of it now being rapidly outsourced to India/ Asia because British labour is expensive and undertrained.

Actually the majority of us who have replied so far are in the US, where exactly the same outsourcing is occuring, illegal immigration is out of control and 43 million people can't afford healthcare. Guess it must be a dump here too. Lets all move to Brazil
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Actually the majority of us who have replied so far are in the US, where exactly the same outsourcing is occuring, illegal immigration is out of control and 43 million people can't afford healthcare. Guess it must be a dump here too. Lets all move to Brazil
Brazil, no thanks! My OH company has a plant there are they have so much security its untrue. Numerous times there had been gunfights between security and bandits. Infact one lunchtime about 40 staff were outside having a quick smoke and along came a guy on a bicycle and held a gun to them robbed them all blind and calmly cycled off. If the poster thinks he can have a better life in Brazil then go for it.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

eliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant future

To Leedsgirl/ Lady of the Lake/nethead....I don't mean to sound insulting and its obviously your choice, but I just cannot fathom why anybody in their right mind would leave NZ/ OZ/ Canada to come back HERE? Come back to what exactly....old England with Pubs and castles?

Old England is going rapidly under a sea of new development...all being bulldozed for building new roads, Mosques, Hindu temples or subsidised housing for single mothers on benefit and the lefty do-gooders are on the verge of banning anything remotely Anglo Saxon left in this country. You laugh but many Town Councils will not put up Xmas Decorations, or send out Xmas cards with Happy Xmas in fear of offending..."The minority".

This is the type of Lunacy that is becoming common place here so be prepared for it.

Why would anybody sacrifice a fantastic lifestyle in those sparsely populated countries with a bright future which are sensibly hard to get residency in, only to end up coming back to Britain and ending up buying some overpriced Victorian dump of a terraced house for £160000 - £200000....yes this is what they cost here now and that isn't even London!

You say the house with the swimming pool isn't a lifestyle...well your lucky to even have a house never alone the pool, because for many in Britain owning a house now is a luxury from the past. I work with Graduate Programmers with excellent degrees in there late 20's who are now looking at the options abroad because all that is on offer for them in this country is some studio flat (a glorified Bedroom with a hole for a toilet and a sink for a kitchen) going for £80000 +.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Brazil is a vast country....the far South is the best option not Sao paulo/ Rio, besides this is only an option I am considering. The place that really interests me is Chile.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

To Leedsgirl/ Lady of the Lake/nethead....I don't mean to sound insulting and its obviously your choice, but I just cannot fathom why anybody in their right mind would leave NZ/ OZ/ Canada to come back HERE? Come back to what exactly....old England with Pubs and castles?

Old England is going rapidly under a sea of new development...all being bulldozed for building new roads, Mosques, Hindu temples or subsidised housing for single mothers on benefit and the lefty do-gooders are on the verge of banning anything remotely Anglo Saxon left in this country. You laugh but many Town Councils will not put up Xmas Decorations, or send out Xmas cards with Happy Xmas in fear of offending..."The minority".

This is the type of Lunacy that is becoming common place here so be prepared for it.

Why would anybody sacrifice a fantastic lifestyle in those sparsely populated countries with a bright future which are sensibly hard to get residency in, only to end up coming back to Britain and ending up buying some overpriced Victorian dump of a terraced house for £160000 - £200000....yes this is what they cost here now and that isn't even London!

You say the house with the swimming pool isn't a lifestyle...well your lucky to even have a house never alone the pool, because for many in Britain owning a house now is a luxury from the past. I work with Graduate Programmers with excellent degrees in there late 20's who are now looking at the options abroad because all that is on offer for them in this country is some studio flat (a glorified Bedroom with a hole for a toilet and a sink for a kitchen) going for £80000 +.
Your a right little ray of Sunshine aren't you
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:17 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Do you live under a bridge?

G
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:44 pm

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

If Britain is so crap, could you explain why it was voted the 6th best economy to do business with by Deloitte? (Source BBC website).

Inorder the results showed the worlds 10 best economies to do business were:
1. US
2. Sweden
3. Finland
4. Denmark
5. Germany
6. UK
7. Canada
8. Japan
9. Switzerland
10. Austria

I see none of the South American countries in that list......

You mentioned the Labour government - every country has got crappy politicians etc etc, it's not just Britain you know. Aus has got JH - so what makes him any better?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

that's actually very true. Most people who bang on about how great Australia and the UK is are the ones with houses. At least with Australia, that grad with a studio can maybe get a house. In the UK, no amount of culture or museums can fix lack of space to live in which is a basic human want.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Ken Dodd...Because if you read what i stated in the beginning.....I asked WHY would people leave countries such as Australia/ New Zealand and Canada to come back to Britain......the only reason I am looking in South America is because I can no longer get in on the points system to ENGLISH speaking countries.

Britain maybe the sixth best country to do business in, but again if you READ what I said...that this situation is about to change and remember as well that what makes these statistics are often large corporations making billions for a board of directors and shareholders and not Joe Bloggs.

To thatsnotquietright.....exactly right. It seems like people on here have lost touch of the reality of living back in Britain.....probably to much sun, BBQ's and breathing space! The housing situation is a major problem and many people including myself have been priced off the property ladder.

If people think I am whinging about bugger all then take a closer look at sites such as Have your say on BBC and see how many people are coming a cropper because of the overpriced housing market!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:30 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Feel a banning coming on here
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:34 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Do you live under a bridge?

G
ive not even got to the bottom of this thread yet, but exactly what i was thinking!!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:36 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
ive not even got to the bottom of this thread yet, but exactly what i was thinking!!
Too much confidence oooozzinng out of the OP me thinks
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:45 pm

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
Feel a banning coming on here
Yep me too!

I was just trying to post the link about the Australian property market being the most "over-valued" in the world, as in "same everywhere" but I don't think I'll bother!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.