Why come back to Britain?????

Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

eliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant future
Default Why come back to Britain?????

I read through some of these posts about people leaving countries such as Canada, NZ or Australia to come back and live in the UK and I try to understand WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY would anybody in their sane and right mind possibly want to come back to live in a place like Britain????? Apart from the crap climate, the quality of housing is dismal if you are lucky to be able to afford anything in the first place, the cost of living is wiping out incomes, the public services are an utter shambles…my wife is Brazilian and reckons that the Health Service is better in Brazil!!

As for this PATHETIC arsehole of a Labour government…they are turning the place into an Islamic State, while pandering to the needs of every other basket case country, scrounger and immigrant with a begging bowl while kicking the people that do all the damned work up the backside. Frankly I am absolutely sick to death of the place and would commit MURDER to have even the remotest possible opportunity to live in a good, organized, sensible, rational English speaking country such as Canada, Australia or NZ.

Currently I am looking at moving either to Brazil or Chile as I have options for both those countries and as soon as I am organized enough I will be off without any hesitation.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why come back to Britain?????

Originally Posted by eliscolin
I read through some of these posts about people leaving countries such as Canada, NZ or Australia to come back and live in the UK and I try to understand WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY would anybody in their sane and right mind possibly want to come back to live in a place like Britain????? Apart from the crap climate, the quality of housing is dismal if you are lucky to be able to afford anything in the first place, the cost of living is wiping out incomes, the public services are an utter shambles…my wife is Brazilian and reckons that the Health Service is better in Brazil!!

As for this PATHETIC arsehole of a Labour government…they are turning the place into an Islamic State, while pandering to the needs of every other basket case country, scrounger and immigrant with a begging bowl while kicking the people that do all the damned work up the backside. Frankly I am absolutely sick to death of the place and would commit MURDER to have even the remotest possible opportunity to live in a good, organized, sensible, rational English speaking country such as Canada, Australia or NZ.

Currently I am looking at moving either to Brazil or Chile as I have options for both those countries and as soon as I am organized enough I will be off without any hesitation.
You do know that neither Chile nor Brazil is an English speaking country, don't you ?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

eliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant futureeliscolin has a brilliant future

Of course I know that both those countries are not English....been there enough times and speak Portuguese and a little Spanish.

What I mean is that I would prefer English speaking countries because it is easier for work/ business etc.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

I read through some of these posts about people leaving countries such as Canada, NZ or Australia to come back and live in the UK and I try to understand WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY would anybody in their sane and right mind possibly want to come back to live in a place like Britain?????
No offence, but perhaps you should read the posts again because you will find the same reasons over and over again as to why people want to move back. Family is a big one. Bigger and cheaper housing is one of the reasons a lot of us moved to different countries but most of us agree that it means nothing if you feel out of place in the culture and are missing family.

Of course we are all aware of the problems with the UK that you point out (and it's interesting to read your comment about the government turning the place into an Islamic state, as that kind of thing concerns me too) but living away from the UK helps you put everything in perspective and appreciate all of the country's good points. Again, I think you'll find this over and over again if you read the posts more.

Frankly I am absolutely sick to death of the place and would commit MURDER to have even the remotest possible opportunity to live in a good, organized, sensible, rational English speaking country such as Canada, Australia or NZ.

What a pleasant comment about committing murder.

You are looking through rose-tinted glasses with your generalisation that Canada, Australia and NZ are so organized, sensible and rational. All countries have their problems. South American countries even more so. You have heard about street children being hired to muder people, right? I fail to see how you can use the UK's social problems as reason to move to South America.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:15 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

I will be off without any hesitation.
Go for it mate, to hell with the "oh I really miss my family" brigade, just do it, look forward not back, if your family love YOU they'll come to see YOU. Not the other way round!

Enjoy S. America, I'm sure you will.

Good Luck, K sent
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:40 pm

Fitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to all

I read through some of these posts about people leaving countries such as Canada, NZ or Australia to come back and live in the UK and I try to understand WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY would anybody in their sane and right mind possibly want to come back to live in a place like Britain?????
What are you waiting for if Britain is so bad.

A piece of advice though - Don't burn your bridges after all wherever you go you will be an immigrant and enjoy all the privileges that brings.

Best of luck, i think your going to need it.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks MJC...good to know i am not the only person who thinks this way.

First I am no novice to living abroad having lived in South Africa for 20 years as well as time in Australia while I was 16, unfortunately my parents made a BIG MISTAKE and went back to South Africa in 1982 and finaly that fantastic country has gone down the plughole with the rest of Africa and I ended up back in this dump in 1993.

I travelled all over the world and looked at Europe...Spain and portugal in particular but they are heading for the same long term problems as Britain. I have been to Brazil many times and have some reservations but Chile is looking very promising. But if I had the choice that these lucky people have I would be in OZ, NZ in an instant.....they are nuts to consider leaving!!!

I met Brit after Brit that left places like SA...in the days when it was good there and places such as OZ/ NZ or Canada to go back to Britain and most ended up regretting it. In fact a collegue of mine, his parents were living in the USA and were all homesick for family....they sold up and came back to Britain and now they are SERIOUSLY regretting that choice. Within 5 weeks they went back to reconsider their options.

They have stated all the things I have mentioned....the cost of living, the overpopulation...and yes this country is heading for serious long term problems where i would rather take my chances in South America!! People just will not see beyond tomorrow...

Britain has no natural resources left and is now dependent on unstable countries for Gas/ Oil. The place is swamped by illegals, ungovernable types with poor education. Frankly Britain will NEVER compete against the new emerging Asian economies. This country is screwed in the long term with a capital S.

For those who sell up their house with pool and lifestyle in OZ/ NZ to come back to Britain... you need your head examined.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:10 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Mate, the whole bloody world is screwed, just have to get over it

If someone wants to move to Brazil or Chile as it makes them HAPPY, well go for it, the same way as those moving back to the UK, if this makes them happy well go for it!

I would not let it stress you out I don't really care what others wants to do, their life!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:17 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

For those who sell up their house with pool and lifestyle in OZ/ NZ to come back to Britain... you need your head examined.

Why would you insult people who want to return to their homeland, it doesn't affect you so what's the big deal. I have many friends back home and they wouldn't live anywhere but England. It's each to their own and a house with a pool doesn't make a lifestyle!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
Why would you insult people who want to return to their homeland, it doesn't affect you so what's the big deal. I have many friends back home and they wouldn't live anywhere but England. It's each to their own and a house with a pool doesn't make a lifestyle!
Totally agree with Leedgirl.
I only left the Uk 5 months ago and the place the OP describes is nothing like the place I left. I wish I was back there everyday.

Annette
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:29 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Frankly Britain will NEVER compete against the new emerging Asian economies.
But Brazil / Chile / Oz / NZ / Canada will?

Last edited by Manc; Dec 8th 2005 at 5:45 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:33 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

I say go for it eliscolin, Britain doesn't need people staying there who think the place is a dump. The sooner you go, the better. You have your opinions of the place, and you are entitled to them, but also you must accept that some people will willingly move back there from around the world. In their opinion it's a great place, and they are just as entitled to think that.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:41 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

yep
Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Britain doesn't need people staying there who think the place is a dump.
As all the riff-raff that's coming in will make it that way soon enough
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:43 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

But if I had the choice that these lucky people have I would be in OZ, NZ in an instant.....they are nuts to consider leaving!!!
errr maybe you should read some of the posts on the NZ forum.....

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:48 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
yep
As all the riff-raff that's coming in will make it that way soon enough
I hate immigrants, so I'm going to be an immigrant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.