Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

What to take back - What's cheaper in US than UK

What to take back - What's cheaper in US than UK

Old Jun 23rd 2014, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to take back - What's cheaper in US than UK

Originally Posted by Karrie72
Does Windsong actually have a place to stay yet??

I'm guessing it's going to be very hard to find a place loaded down with all this extraneous stuff and two dogs...in particular the dogs seem to be causing a lot of stress and have her running in circles.

I'm not addressing her directly because I'm pretty sure I'm on her 'ignore' list. Still I'd think that sorting that out might be more of a priority atm.
I think her "ignore list" is now big enough to live in.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I think her "ignore list" is now big enough to live in.
Salad everywhere!
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

deepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond repute

I do hope so as she was buying her flight tickets last Friday so she must have a firm leaving date now.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 4:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by r0briley
Ha Ha-Me too, sometimes I even have two pairs on my head :-)
Originally Posted by OdysseusLite
True confessions - I have actually tried putting on my glasses while already wearing another pair. More than once! It's good to know they are cheap in the UK too. That's one less thing to take.
I am so pleased to read that I am not the only one that does this.

I have many pairs of cheap NZS $2 spectacles stashed all over the place. I think the world would stop if these cheap glasses were not available.

As an aside , here in our village in New Zealand we sometimes have a round up of these cheap glasses which have gone a bit wonky maybe and send them to the Pacific Isles where they are completely unavailable & good spectacles are simply out of reach due to cost.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 5:12 am
`

Originally Posted by windsong
I do not find her manner amusing in the slightest. Instead of putting a stop to it as a mod should, you encourage it or back it up, just like you did in the other thread. As I said, a total lack of class and complete ignorance.
Oh dear.

Wading in here as current online Supermod.

Not sharing the same sense of humour as someone else does not make that other person ignorant , rude or lacking in 'class'.
(I actually don't understand the use of the word 'class' in this context unless it is to insult by suggesting inferiority / superiority.)

There is nothing to moderate . No rules have been broken. You simply misunderstood the observation that in one post you were agreeing with Happyglow that not fretting about everyday possessions was a way to go and then in the very next post you comment on the costs about every possessions - if you get my meaning. An oxymoron .

Y'know . I think repatriation is probably a far harder move to make than the act of emigrating in the first place. When one has lived away from the home country for a while then one is bound to have changed as a person. I wonder about this in myself and I have only been gone from the UK for ten years.

Some of what seems to be causing you upset with other posters appears to be that you are missing very British use of language cues & I am not just referring to humour and irony.

Nothing at all wrong with being earnest about everything but many of us are just not like that. It doesn't mean we are rough, rude, ignorant, un-educated. It's our very British way .

I am rather hoping that you will not be tempted to call someone/anyone 'ignorant' or 'lacking class' to their face once in the UK. You may well find yourself in a whole pile of poo.

Onward ho then. On the whole I believe the UK to be quite reasonably priced for consumer goods. There again I live in New Zealand which ain't at all cheap.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS

(I actually don't understand the use of the word 'class' in this context unless it is to insult by suggesting inferiority / superiority.)
Me neither, but clearly it's a "thing". Look, you can get badges for it:

You Know I Got Class Sticker | Zazzle.co.uk

or how about a dog shirt?

You Know I Got Class Dog Clothes | Zazzle.co.uk

HTH
Old Jun 24th 2014, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 25th 2014, 1:36 am
`

...and moving along, you lot.

Old Jun 25th 2014, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

sorry

shuffles off giggling quietly.....