Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

What a mistake it was to move back to UK

What a mistake it was to move back to UK

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:42 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a mistake it was to move back to UK

I reckon Britain is the greatest country on earth and for all those that want to leave ,good on ya and for all those going back its great believe me .
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:45 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Really dislike the UK? Some people see only the negatives and slag off anything and everything about it Talk about exaggeration!

I've always said that there are problems in the UK - crime, benefits system and immigration. There are far too many do-gooders and pc nits around, and discipline desperately needs to be brought back into schools.

It riles me though when people post ridiculous comments about how the whole country is crime ridden, overflowing with immigrants and hoodies, there are no prospects here, no health care etc., because this simply isn't true.

There are many lovely places around with friendly, polite, hard working people. I live in a working class town in the North West and travel frequently to other towns around here. All (except one which I won't name) I've found to be clean, pleasant places to visit and do not have rat infested, rubbish lined streets with hoodies and druggies on every corner as some would have us believe. I have been the victim of crime once in my life. I haven't, nor do I know anyone who has been mugged, attacked, happy slapped, murdered or burgled. (Sorry I just remembered my nan was burgled three times in the 70s).

When people like the OP come on here saying that the whole of the UK has gone to the dogs, obviously we are going to point out that this is untrue and that there are many places in the UK which are still beautiful. We are certainly not blind and do completely understand that real problems exist which have been neglected for far too long.

Sure the whole country isn't all clotted cream and bluebells but neither is it all a rat infested, pig stye overrun with druggies and hoodies.
I was just saying that the forum focuses on extremes - and as I also said 'it's not as simple as that'. No one is going to persuade me one way or the other - we decided as a family to move because of a number of complex reasons. There has to be some balance - yes there are idyllic places (I'm from Cornwall after all) but also there are some real problems in the UK - but you have to make an informed choice and one that suits you and your family.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:55 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MCrocker
I was just saying that the forum focuses on extremes - and as I also said 'it's not as simple as that'. No one is going to persuade me one way or the other - we decided as a family to move because of a number of complex reasons. There has to be some balance - yes there are idyllic places (I'm from Cornwall after all) but also there are some real problems in the UK - but you have to make an informed choice and one that suits you and your family.
Sorry MCrocker my wasn't aimed at you at all. You did point out both sides in your post. It was aimed at those who only see the UK as a rat infested rubbish tip.

Good luck - hope everything works out well for you and your family
Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:14 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Sorry MCrocker my wasn't aimed at you at all. You did point out both sides in your post. It was aimed at those who only see the UK as a rat infested rubbish tip.

Good luck - hope everything works out well for you and your family
Thanks
Old Apr 6th 2007, 6:47 am
Just Joined

lemontart will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mancity
Hi,

Dont know how to start this thread, but in essence what a mistake it was to move back, this place is the pits. I travel all over the country and can confirmly say with a few exceptions its a pig sty going to the dogs.

Talk about taking from the hard working and giving to the unemployed and gutter scum of the country, and as for immigrants its out of control.

As an immigrant to Aus, I respected the whole procedure of getting there and fitting in, here I am sorry to say its a complete tragedy that no-one will answer to.

Tax credits mess! workig credits mess! government a mess, rubbish and litter everywhere, grime and grit everywhere, grey gloomy and disgusting.

Anyway my story is I live in QLD for 18 months and got myself in a headpecking mess that I become confused and couldnt work things out properly functionally, in other words immaturity and a rash decision nothing serious, so i did the right thing at the time to evaluate my decision.

My answer is now, I have evaluated both places to spend the rest of my years and I can safely say that the UK is not the one now, infact I am starting to despise the countrys authority THAT WNKR GORDEN BROWN and everything we thought we loved about the UK, its disappearing quickly than the titanic.

No identity, no rights ...

for all those coming back, I hoped its a good return,

for all those thinking take a extended holiday please, its what i should have done.............

now I am paying the price of getting back again although I think its easier as I know all the hurdles now.

Cheerio
My ex lived in usa for 8 yrs came back here for 2 and is going back to states now...............I have started working on leaving uk for all of the above reasons the country is a dump with open door to anyone and no respect for those who have paid into system beit still here or returning, Gawd I hate it here so much.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lemontart
My ex lived in usa for 8 yrs came back here for 2 and is going back to states now...............I have started working on leaving uk for all of the above reasons the country is a dump with open door to anyone and no respect for those who have paid into system beit still here or returning, Gawd I hate it here so much.

BYE then
Old Apr 6th 2007, 9:27 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
I reckon Britain is the greatest country on earth and for all those that want to leave ,good on ya and for all those going back its great believe me .

believe in someone called king kong ...

Last edited by Big Pete; Apr 6th 2007 at 9:30 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete

I do , you still hoping to get away, you not yet experienced it so looking thru those rose tinted glasses
. come back with real experience of living abroad and we will take you seriously
Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:17 am
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thunderbird65
I do , you still hoping to get away, you not yet experienced it so looking thru those rose tinted glasses
. come back with real experience of living abroad and we will take you seriously
And you obviously believed Thunderbirds was real
Old Apr 7th 2007, 4:10 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete

Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:59 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just get so sick of hearing about how the uk is going to the dogs blah blah blah!!!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Craigy123 has a spectacular aura aboutCraigy123 has a spectacular aura aboutCraigy123 has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

Dont know how to start this thread, but in essence what a mistake it was to move back, this place is the pits. I travel all over the country and can confirmly say with a few exceptions its a pig sty going to the dogs.

Talk about taking from the hard working and giving to the unemployed and gutter scum of the country, and as for immigrants its out of control.

As an immigrant to Aus, I respected the whole procedure of getting there and fitting in, here I am sorry to say its a complete tragedy that no-one will answer to.

Tax credits mess! workig credits mess! government a mess, rubbish and litter everywhere, grime and grit everywhere, grey gloomy and disgusting.

Anyway my story is I live in QLD for 18 months and got myself in a headpecking mess that I become confused and couldnt work things out properly functionally, in other words immaturity and a rash decision nothing serious, so i did the right thing at the time to evaluate my decision.

My answer is now, I have evaluated both places to spend the rest of my years and I can safely say that the UK is not the one now, infact I am starting to despise the countrys authority THAT WNKR GORDEN BROWN and everything we thought we loved about the UK, its disappearing quickly than the titanic.

for all those thinking take a extended holiday please, its what i should have done.............

now I am paying the price of getting back again although I think its easier as I know all the hurdles now.

Cheerio
Got to agree i guess, not the best place to post with people wanting to come back to this place, i think it really depends on if your lucky enough to live away from all the dross.

Unfortunately i'm not though i know elsewhere i can afford peace and a way of life i had here in my younger days. away from the anger and frustration i feel every day.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 7:40 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Cheerio
Anybody with the ID of Man City show a complete lack of judgement right from the off.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 8:01 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craigy123
Got to agree i guess, not the best place to post with people wanting to come back to this place, i think it really depends on if your lucky enough to live away from all the dross.

Unfortunately i'm not though i know elsewhere i can afford peace and a way of life i had here in my younger days. away from the anger and frustration i feel every day.
People moving back to or those already back, don't mind hearing negatives about the UK at all Craigy - after all it isn't perfect here. The thing is though I personally get very upset with people who just label the whole of the UK as being crap, dirty and disgusting when it quite clearly isn't. That person may live in a dirty disgusting area, surrounded by scroungers and criminals but it doesn't mean to say that everyone does or that the whole country is awful. There are some truly awful places in the UK - places I wouldn't even want to drive through let alone live, there are also some horrible, lazy people who rely on others to keep them and their offspring while they laze around all day taking drugs and boozing or appearing on the Jeremy Kyle show. We have a huge immigration problem which is putting pressure on our NHS. There are serious problems here which need addressing.

On the flip side though we personally have had and are having again a fantastic life here - we work hard and earn enough to have a good lifestyle, we are surrounded by lovely friendly people, beautiful scenery and have loads to see and do here. Our girls are both well adjusted happy young adults who've both had a good education so far, we've been treated well on the NHS so far, we've been the victim of a crime just once in our life.

We moved to Australia because we'd been caught up in the negativity of the news reports and papers that is brainwashing half the population only to find that similar problems exist the world over. We lived in a lovely Melbourne suburb but there was still burglary, vandalism, graffiti, drugs, car theft, and murders there. We still had to pay taxes, pay for dog licences, pay for books at school, pay car parking fees, pay to dump rubbish at the tip. They too have speeding fines, parking fines, fines for not wearing cycling helmets, fines for not recycling, water fines, etc.

I don't blame anyone for trying a new life in a different country if they have the opportunity - you only get one life so why not try everything you can.

What I do object to though are people who slate the whole of the UK and stupidly believe that by emigrating they will escape crime, taxes and useless governments.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

I do agree that the uk has some wonderfully beautiful places but i think that people get blinkered by their experience of where they live, i.e. We live in Birkenhead not the most properous town in the uk, high umemployment, teen mums, drugs and many more social and economic problems but if i asked 10 different people what it was like to live here i would get 10 different answers. I for one don`t enjoy living in Birkenhead and would like to live, say, in a small village on the south coast of the UK but thats out of our league, money wise, so we hope to move to the other side of the world (OZ) to a village on the coast
Although Im excited it saddens me to have to move to out of our country to have a chance of a step up in our standard of living .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.