Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

What a mistake it was to move back to UK

What a mistake it was to move back to UK

Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:58 am
Banned

mancity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What a mistake it was to move back to UK

Hi,

Dont know how to start this thread, but in essence what a mistake it was to move back, this place is the pits. I travel all over the country and can confirmly say with a few exceptions its a pig sty going to the dogs.

Talk about taking from the hard working and giving to the unemployed and gutter scum of the country, and as for immigrants its out of control.

As an immigrant to Aus, I respected the whole procedure of getting there and fitting in, here I am sorry to say its a complete tragedy that no-one will answer to.

Tax credits mess! workig credits mess! government a mess, rubbish and litter everywhere, grime and grit everywhere, grey gloomy and disgusting.

Anyway my story is I live in QLD for 18 months and got myself in a headpecking mess that I become confused and couldnt work things out properly functionally, in other words immaturity and a rash decision nothing serious, so i did the right thing at the time to evaluate my decision.

My answer is now, I have evaluated both places to spend the rest of my years and I can safely say that the UK is not the one now, infact I am starting to despise the countrys authority THAT WNKR GORDEN BROWN and everything we thought we loved about the UK, its disappearing quickly than the titanic.

No identity, no rights ...

for all those coming back, I hoped its a good return,

for all those thinking take a extended holiday please, its what i should have done.............

now I am paying the price of getting back again although I think its easier as I know all the hurdles now.

Cheerio
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What a mistake it was to move back to UK

Originally Posted by mancity
Hi,

Dont know how to start this thread, but in essence what a mistake it was to move back, this place is the pits. I travel all over the country and can confirmly say with a few exceptions its a pig sty going to the dogs.

Talk about taking from the hard working and giving to the unemployed and gutter scum of the country, and as for immigrants its out of control.

As an immigrant to Aus, I respected the whole procedure of getting there and fitting in, here I am sorry to say its a complete tragedy that no-one will answer to.

Tax credits mess! workig credits mess! government a mess, rubbish and litter everywhere, grime and grit everywhere, grey gloomy and disgusting.

Anyway my story is I live in QLD for 18 months and got myself in a headpecking mess that I become confused and couldnt work things out properly functionally, in other words immaturity and a rash decision nothing serious, so i did the right thing at the time to evaluate my decision.

My answer is now, I have evaluated both places to spend the rest of my years and I can safely say that the UK is not the one now, infact I am starting to despise the countrys authority THAT WNKR GORDEN BROWN and everything we thought we loved about the UK, its disappearing quickly than the titanic.

for all those thinking take a extended holiday please, its what i should have done.............

now I am paying the price of getting back again although I think its easier as I know all the hurdles now.

Cheerio
Sorry to hear that you have been so disappointed on your return to the u.k. Have to say it does sound pretty grim.:
Good luck on your return to OZ.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheerio

Hey Mancity, you the same guy on poms in perth last year or so?. you did saythe same things about oz. What happened?. You sem to be stuck between decisions.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:26 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Just come right on back to Australia then, if that's the right decision for you.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

Oh shit! that hasn't helped with my decision on whether to return or not
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramblebush
Oh shit! that hasn't helped with my decision on whether to return or not

others cannot decide for you. i am back and love it but i live on the south coast and used to being by the sea etc. Man city has said the same about both countries and when arrived in oz showe pics of his ute and property in Qld which were really upmarket and really ran the uk down, shame they were fake and pics of hotel and internet pics. he will go back and slowly but surely turn on oz again. having said that it was never boring when mancity posted
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:19 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheerio
But you started another thread asking about how to rent your house out in the uk because you regretted it last time when you sold it ,presumably the uk isnt quite as bad as your making it out to be .
Both countrys have their faults ,its just which one has the most bearable on a daily basis .
Old Mar 31st 2007, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:No identity, no rights ...

Well I have said it before and I will say it again, pretty much same all over IMHO.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

britex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Cheerio
this is the stuff that keeps me here and my girls .its been 7 years i think that u k is not the same as the one i left .and i may not fit back home .you know dont fit in here or the u k traped in 2 worlds
Old Mar 31st 2007, 4:47 pm
Banned

mancity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thunderbird65
others cannot decide for you. i am back and love it but i live on the south coast and used to being by the sea etc. Man city has said the same about both countries and when arrived in oz showe pics of his ute and property in Qld which were really upmarket and really ran the uk down, shame they were fake and pics of hotel and internet pics. he will go back and slowly but surely turn on oz again. having said that it was never boring when mancity posted

Forget the pics, it was a joke, the house was the Hyatt on the Gold Coast, if I was that loaded would I really be moaning, first class all the way then baby....

My problem with aussie at the time was adjusting, I just didnt get it at all, I went through the "Rejection stage" of moving, and was well duped with a job, which turned nasty in the end, and has since then a small part has followed me back here, but every dog has his day, I am waiting for mine as I have time now, and maybe act my revenge but I most probably wont, I hope.

The Uk is a good place, but just not good enough fro me long term I should say, personally I am privelidged and very appreciative I am able to make these decisions now, being here has calmed me down to see what I had, and was doing and what I sincerley miss about the place, AUs that is.

For all those thinking of moving back, I found myself going doolaly, everything become a big deal, I failed to see things clearly make rational decisions, as my emotions were overdrive, nothing serious, I blame it on immaturity and being me, unrashionable and quick to do things without completely getting out of the box and thinking. This is a fault of mine I have rectified, but always had, always seem to come up in Appraisals!!!!!

Other things hat I see got me down, was still comparing eveything in £, comparing cars, my old job, pubs everything, I still lived in the UK for some dm reason, and wouldnt let go and relax and enjoy living.,

Also I worked with some sad gits, and one of them must be the saddist git in the world, a KIWI, all he did was drag everything down, I guess I got into this syndrome, the little arsehole should be kicked out with attitude!!!

I could go on, but please everyone absorb it, as Bernard Manning says enjoy life!!!! Life is wonderful.

And if you want to go peacefully .....go like bernards dad
nice and peacefully,

..........Not like his passengers all screaming and shouting!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 4:57 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Bernard Manning
Not somebody whose words I would live by
Old Mar 31st 2007, 5:02 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Not somebody whose words I would live by
Old Mar 31st 2007, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Okay .........who is Bernard Manning.

Name rings the phone, but the comms aren't coming though.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:21 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes

A racist amongst other things.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:29 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mercedes

He's the bloke who does those turkeys on the telly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.