What a load of rubbish

Old Apr 14th 2016, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What a load of rubbish

Recently arrived in Holyhead and drove to Dover to take ferry to France. I have to say that Wales was beautiful, the scenery was amazing and looked very clean. As soon as I arrived in England I was quite shocked to see the amount of litter along the motorway and it got worse when I reached Dover. The A20 was just disgusting and it looked like nobody is bothered anymore.

Dover is the first place people see when they arrive in England, so I don't understand why they can't make the place nicer, or at least do something against illegal dumping. Was it always this bad?
Old Apr 14th 2016, 10:30 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a load of rubbish

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Recently arrived in Holyhead and drove to Dover to take ferry to France. I have to say that Wales was beautiful, the scenery was amazing and looked very clean. As soon as I arrived in England I was quite shocked to see the amount of litter along the motorway and it got worse when I reached Dover. The A20 was just disgusting and it looked like nobody is bothered anymore.

Dover is the first place people see when they arrive in England, so I don't understand why they can't make the place nicer, or at least do something against illegal dumping. Was it always this bad?
It's probably all those immigrants just dumping stuff.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
It's probably all those immigrants just dumping stuff.
I doubt very much it's just immigrants. It's probably also down to really bad parenting and the fact that many people don't teach their kids not to litter. In our family it was practically a hanging offence.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 6:35 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

I was assuming that Mike was being ironic. Was I wrong?
Old Apr 20th 2016, 6:53 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
I was assuming that Mike was being ironic. Was I wrong?
No, you were right..
Old Apr 20th 2016, 7:33 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Good.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 8:56 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Litter is the one thing in life I really, really hate (and spitting!).
Dropping litter is practically a hanging offence in my family too and if I see my kids do it I make a point of telling them loudly to pick it up and carry until we reach a bin.
I just really don't understand the laziness of it. It doesn't take much to put a wrapper in your pocket for a while.
I was walking the dog one gorgeous afternoon and a group of lads passed me and literally just threw a can out the window..showing off in front of a couple of girls walking along. OMG I was just so mad I wanted to punch him right in the face!
And don't get me started on fly tipping!
Old Apr 20th 2016, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
OMG I was just so mad I wanted to punch him right in the face!
Next time you'll get them. It's one thing that really annoys me too and I can't understand why people do it.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 9:05 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

A20 litter in Folkestone should be dealt with by Government says Dover council leader | Folkestone Herald

Tackling Roadside Litter Issues

A20 |Docver |Highways England |litter | Clean Highways
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Flytipping is terrible. In our area we have a wonderful dump with skips for almost any imaginable item and it is free. Easy to get to and you reverse car up to each spot so no excuse for this awful behaviour. We even have a second hand "showroom" run by Bucks Hospice for good second hand items dropped off. We have got some things there and because decorating and landscaping garden are there almost every 3rd day! Have to watch we dont come back with more than we take. One of the things I really admired about my time in Canada was the lack of litter. In our old neighbourhood two old guys used to walk along the roads from the ferry every morning collecting litter.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
No, you were right..
My apologies Mike. I seem to have had a sarcasm bypass since I left the UK.
Old May 23rd 2016, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

This morning I went to my surgery, and opposite, a smartly dressed woman stepped into her Range Rover, shut the door, started the engine, then opened the door and threw paper onto the pavement alongside me.

I was tempted to knock on the car window and say she'd dropped something, but alas I didn't, instead I stopped and stared at her, to no avail. I feel angry with myself for not confronting the woman, but I was in a lot of pain and didn't feel like having an altercation.

Thus it takes all sorts to be litterbugs.
Old May 24th 2016, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

With all the cycling and running I do, I tend to notice things a lot on the side of the road. Generally we are lucky where we live as it's pretty well rubbish free and the same for my hometown in Somerset. When I do see rubbish, the location always puzzles me, it seems to be in lanes, in the middle of nowhere and just looks like some folks enjoy a drive in the country and then just randomly empty their car

On the whole, I see more mindless rubbish dumping in the UK but a lot less mindless vandalism and graffitti compared to Oz.