Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

(UK) spouse visa and exemptions - Know your rights.

(UK) spouse visa and exemptions - Know your rights.

Old Aug 1st 2014, 1:38 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default (UK) spouse visa and exemptions - Know your rights.

Right well...

we've all been there some of us failed (lucky ones success)

What do you make of this story.

Elizabeth Celi-Parr delighted at Home Office's u-turn allowing husband a visa | Mail Online

'HOME OFFICE' Granted her husband a spouse visa? or some visa to let him stay legally for 2 years (WITH NO FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT) and all she did was

Contact the home office and her local mp to 'solve this problem'

When this new £18:600 rule came into play, i am actually shocked the government didn't discuss about 'exemptions' at all. 'each case is different' and i my self will be going back to the uk with my wife and son soon (and i know she can only get a family visit visa...)

But here is another story..

Pregnant mother could be deported to Australia despite having a British husband and two British children

Pregnant mother could be deported to Australia despite having a British husband and two British children | Mail Online

Now if this story is true... how can they deport her, if her 'unborn' child is a british citizen? - doesn't make sense, and she's already in the uk.

This £18:600 rule, is at BREAKING POINT and something will 'GIVE SOON' i my self plan to take some action once i am back mither the sh!t out of them.

Your thoughts? do you actually believe the story is true or made up BS? Remember this is the 'Daily Mail' ......

Maybe i should break both of my legs and claim disability? just to get the spouse visa for my wife, oh god... its tempting......

Thoughts anyone? love to hear em!
Old Aug 1st 2014, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

cookiehearts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: (UK) spouse visa and exemptions - Know your rights.

Her father Andrew Parr and his wife Helen, who represents the Conservatives at East Devon District Council, now run the firm, which has been a family affair for 150 years.
Mmmhmmm.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 3:47 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiehearts
Mmmhmmm.
My thoughts exactly,

makes my blood boil.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
My thoughts exactly,

makes my blood boil.
Its the Daily Mail !!!!! ....... and the second story states that the family moved to the UK and THEN applied for the necessary visa for the wife...... and, as we all know, the visa needs to be obtained BEFORE you enter the country. Nothing to do with the financial requirements at all.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 4:03 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Its the Daily Mail !!!!! ....... and the second story states that the family moved to the UK and THEN applied for the necessary visa for the wife...... and, as we all know, the visa needs to be obtained BEFORE you enter the country. Nothing to do with the financial requirements at all.
But what about the 'first story' then? something doesn't add up.

yes it's daily mail but still.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

But what about the 'first story' then? something doesn't add up.

yes it's daily mail but still.
..... agreed that something does not add up about the first story. Afraid it might be "not what you know but who you know"
Old Aug 1st 2014, 4:23 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
..... agreed that something does not add up about the first story. Afraid it might be "not what you know but who you know"

Well, she shouldn't of gone to the 'DM' about that, when im back in uk i am going to 'MITHER' them to the end of time with countless of letters to the home office number 10 the queen and so on.

when push comes to shove yea?
You're maybe right though. (depends who you know)
Old Aug 1st 2014, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

cookiehearts is an unknown quantity at this point

The second story sounds like yeah they didn't apply for the visa before they came, and no-one likes queue jumpers. Buuuut, it's super tricky right? Her unborn child some would consider technically a UK citizen, so if they refuse to help her during her pregnancy are they refusing NHS treatment to a UK citizen?

The first story I am curious about though since it seems like they had a job set-up with their booshy family firm and they were still rejected? Like I hate that it's a situation where you can basically buy your way into the UK fullstop, but it's super clear some people aren't going to need the benefits system so why deny them if that's the government's reasoning?
Old Aug 1st 2014, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cookiehearts
The second story sounds like yeah they didn't apply for the visa before they came, and no-one likes queue jumpers. Buuuut, it's super tricky right? Her unborn child some would consider technically a UK citizen, so if they refuse to help her during her pregnancy are they refusing NHS treatment to a UK citizen?

The first story I am curious about though since it seems like they had a job set-up with their booshy family firm and they were still rejected? Like I hate that it's a situation where you can basically buy your way into the UK fullstop, but it's super clear some people aren't going to need the benefits system so why deny them if that's the government's reasoning?
In the second story the family had lived in Australia since 2011 and then were surprised when, with the wife entering the country without a residency visa, they were told the pregnancy and birth would need to be paid for.

..... and why not? the wife did not have residency in the UK so why should British taxpayers pay for her treatment on the NHS?

In the first story the British spouse was on maternity leave when she applied for her spouse's visa. They had savings as well as the maternity payments, applied under Cat A whereby she had a job in Ecuador and had a job to go to in the UK but the figures did not add up.
She then returned to the UK, got the job with the family business (presumably over 18,600) and then complained to all and sundry that she was being denied her "human rights"

Her husband is not a doctor but has medical training.

One must get all the facts before believing much the DM says.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Foffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to behold

Maybe i should break both of my legs and claim disability? just to get the spouse visa for my wife, oh god... its tempting......

Thoughts anyone? love to hear em![/QUOTE]

Do you get disability benefits if you break both of your legs? A couple of years ago the doctor asked me if I wanted to get disability benefits for my 2 slipped discs and I said no, if only....
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 2:54 pm
Looking Around~

If your disabled.... then there is no financial requirements, well it says 'exempt' in some parts.

I guess i gotta jump out a window break legs... things we do for love huh? ... JESUS
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Foffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to behold

If your disabled.... then there is no financial requirements, well it says 'exempt' in some parts.

I guess i gotta jump out a window break legs... things we do for love huh? ... JESUS
Well we have love in our hearts. People who made this visa rules have no love in their hearts.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 2:57 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by Foffion
Well we have love in our hearts. People who made this visa rules have no love in their hearts.
Theresa may = no kids heartless cold bitch.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Theresa may = no kids heartless cold bitch.
Agree 100%. Let's break her legs.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 3:38 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, wouldn't work. Your broken legs would heal and then you'd be back to square one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.