Too scared to live in England.

Old Feb 17th 2008, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of
Default Re: Too scared to live in England.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes it is. My guess would be it's because of arthritis or maybe a breathing difficulty...either way a condition that's worsened by damp, cold weather.
thats exactly it jersey girl.1i love my house it was our dream home..we have 5 dogs and they love the off lead walk we can do in the private woods and fields behind us...
but as i am now in a whellchai i cannot access these walks.. do not have pavements out the fornt of my house so i am trapped here unless my hubby is home..

so we will take early retirement and if we come to spain can afford to do this..
the weather will improve my pain and chest problems and hopefuly this will have a knock on for other health issues i now have
the cold and the wet and not enough light is makeing me worse by the day/month..
i cant wait ot sell and move to begin living again..

carole
Old Feb 17th 2008, 12:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madcarole
thats exactly it jersey girl.1i love my house it was our dream home..we have 5 dogs and they love the off lead walk we can do in the private woods and fields behind us...
but as i am now in a whellchai i cannot access these walks.. do not have pavements out the fornt of my house so i am trapped here unless my hubby is home..

so we will take early retirement and if we come to spain can afford to do this..
the weather will improve my pain and chest problems and hopefuly this will have a knock on for other health issues i now have
the cold and the wet and not enough light is makeing me worse by the day/month..

carole
I'm so sorry to hear that...I hope the sun and warmer weather eases your pain. All the best to you and your husband.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

thank you..

carole
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:25 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

carole
I too am very sorry to hear this Carole. I do hope you can find somewhere that aids your health. Will you be taking your dogs with you?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

hi there yep we will be taking our 5 dogs and 3 cats but leaving all our furniture behind and buyuing new inspain...
i cant wait..especially as this morning it is only 2degreesc..the grass is white and crisp and i cant go outside until it warms up..if it does??
carole
Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Backhomeatlast;5941113]Of course it is, I walk thousands of miles a year all over the uk, there are sooo many beautiful small villages everywhere...just look[/QU

Was home at Christmas loved it.
Violence can be anywhere.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

kelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond repute

hi there yep we will be taking our 5 dogs and 3 cats but leaving all our furniture behind and buyuing new inspain...
i cant wait..especially as this morning it is only 2degreesc..the grass is white and crisp and i cant go outside until it warms up..if it does??
carole
dear carole, so lovely to hear that you still love England, only moving abroad for the warmer climate. My own Grandfather suffers from chronic artheritis and living in spain the heat definately helps him somewhat. I just wanted to suggest that you do not sell all your furniture, perhaps replacing it as you go along. It is a very big thing to move anywhere, let alone another country, and having to buy new furniture is an enormous extra pressure. Often waiting periods can be a long time....good luck and all the best for your move xx
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kelbelinoz
dear carole, so lovely to hear that you still love England, only moving abroad for the warmer climate. My own Grandfather suffers from chronic artheritis and living in spain the heat definately helps him somewhat. I just wanted to suggest that you do not sell all your furniture, perhaps replacing it as you go along. It is a very big thing to move anywhere, let alone another country, and having to buy new furniture is an enormous extra pressure. Often waiting periods can be a long time....good luck and all the best for your move xx
thanyou for thatwe hope to rent for a year to make sure we move to the best place for us..
we only know parts of almeria at various times of year so we need to get to know spain
we thought if we rented it was likely to furnished so was easier to leave it all behind..
not sure now...waht to do
carole
Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:14 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

thanyou for thatwe hope to rent for a year to make sure we move to the best place for us..
we only know parts of almeria at various times of year so we need to get to know spain
we thought if we rented it was likely to furnished so was easier to leave it all behind..
carole

Hi Carole

If you contact the estate agent I recommended then he will advise you - even if you are moving to another area.

As for furniture, wood is expensive here so items such as wardrobes, chests of drawers, dining room furniture, will be expensive. However there are always adverts in local papers advertising second hand furniture. If you bring your furniture over and find you don't need it then you can always sell it. Rental properties are usually furnished - but not always so ask.

Electrical items will work over here but washing machines are cold fill so probably best to purchase a new washing machine here.

Sorry to hear you have health problems, many people I have spoken to with health problems have said how much better they feel in the warmer climate. The diet is good too, there is such a huge choice of veg on the market - so start googling for healthy recipes

Unfortunately there are a lot of buildings with steps and no allowances for wheelchair access so be aware of that. The curbs are dipped though so you should be ok there.

Good luck with your move, good idea to rent first And remember - if you have any doubts about anything then ask. Don't do anything without asking, there are so many rip off merchants out here. Be careful
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

kelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Too scared to live in England.

carole

Take yor time to think about it, but as I have said, and others on this thread replacing furniture can be stressful and expensive. Also rented with furniture isn't neccessarily going to be whats right for you. I guess that you probably already have a good bed and chairs to suit your disabilites....maybe just consider taking these until you are more confident with the areas and choice of houses open to you. If you plan to buy in the long run, then you can buy new things for that home. Also being so far from home and starting a new life can feel more comfortable if you have yor familiar things around you. This might not be right for you and hubby, but always good to get another viewpoint. xxx