Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Those who have no intention of Moving Back to UK

Those who have no intention of Moving Back to UK

Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those who have no intention of Moving Back to UK

Originally Posted by zigspider
Just to point out that a fair percentage of those posting here are ALREADY back in the UK. Not necc. in this post but in this forum.

Jerry
Yes, I'm one of them!
Old Oct 9th 2006, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Yes, I'm one of them!
Another one here, and loving it
Old Oct 9th 2006, 6:10 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Always21
Another one here, and loving it
hey always21 nice to hear you are a happy bunny. see you are in surrey, we have a home there and one of our favourite areas to walk is 15mins from our house

http://www.surreywildlifetrust.co.uk...A710FEA039D%7D

do you know the areas, they are all so pretty and peaceful and yet close enough to london for some life, a perfect location imo...cheers
Old Oct 9th 2006, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Personally when a new poster is either living in the UK and waiting to emigrate or indeed only just emigrated, I tend not to give too much time to their views because I feel until they have been away a while then their experience doesn't match with mine. I see it all the time where someone has just landed and only just unpacked their suitcases and they are saying we are really glad we came and dont regret it for a minute, and I think hey you've only just landed for god sake. Not that I want anyone to regret what they have done, but I dont think that a move overseas can immediately be impacted when your busy finding the nearest beach and covering yourself in suntan oil. I mean get a job and somewhere to live, deal with the banking industry and have your first christmas away from your motherland and then talk to me about your experience, at that point I will listen.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Personally when a new poster is either living in the UK and waiting to emigrate or indeed only just emigrated, I tend not to give too much time to their views because I feel until they have been away a while then their experience doesn't match with mine. I see it all the time where someone has just landed and only just unpacked their suitcases and they are saying we are really glad we came and dont regret it for a minute, and I think hey you've only just landed for god sake. Not that I want anyone to regret what they have done, but I dont think that a move overseas can immediately be impacted when your busy finding the nearest beach and covering yourself in suntan oil. I mean get a job and somewhere to live, deal with the banking industry and have your first christmas away from your motherland and then talk to me about your experience, at that point I will listen.
Can I talk to you about my first experience with the DMV?
Old Oct 10th 2006, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Can I talk to you about my first experience with the DMV?
Yes, that's probably worse than a first Christmas away from home.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hey always21 nice to hear you are a happy bunny. see you are in surrey, we have a home there and one of our favourite areas to walk is 15mins from our house

http://www.surreywildlifetrust.co.uk...A710FEA039D%7D

do you know the areas, they are all so pretty and peaceful and yet close enough to london for some life, a perfect location imo...cheers
Yes, I love those areas, although I haven't been there in years. They are definitely on the list for next summer. We did drive through the Clandons, Newlands Corner, etc a couple of weeks ago to pick up something from a Freecycler. However, it was after dark so we didn't see anything. In fact it was quite hair raising driving down narrow winding roads in the dark. My wife can't believe you're allowed to do 60mph on them!