Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Those who have no intention of Moving Back to UK

Those who have no intention of Moving Back to UK

Old Oct 7th 2006, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Those who have no intention of Moving Back to UK

I know there's plenty of people who post here who have no intention of returning to UK but offer great humour, advice, and respect to those who are returning, but what about those who just come here to say how crap the UK is and how great their new life abroad is - what's that all about? To me it's like posting on a forum for bankrupts and bragging how rich you are, or posting on a gay website your reasons for being homophobic.

Is that really 'balance?
Old Oct 7th 2006, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Those who have no intention of Moving Back to UK

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
I know there's plenty of people who post here who have no intention of returning to UK but offer great humour, advice, and respect to those who are returning, but what about those who just come here to say how crap the UK is and how great their new life abroad is - what's that all about? To me it's like posting on a forum for bankrupts and bragging how rich you are, or posting on a gay website your reasons for being homophobic.

Is that really 'balance?
It all depends on the delivery of the message but at the end of the day everyone has a right to their own opinion even if they don't match the majority.

I suppose another way of looking at it is, some people are equally as vocal about why they do like their new life as others are as to why they don't. Often people have polarized views therefore the balance comes in being able to read both for/against rather than someone bringing balance into their post. Personally I'm happy to hear what others say regardless as to whether I totally agree or not. At least that way it helps to either re-affirm my views or gain insight. Either way, most of us know what we want out of life and our personal views mean we don't always agree. As long as this doesn't effect my life, or vice versa...then no harm done
Old Oct 7th 2006, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
It all depends on the delivery of the message but at the end of the day everyone has a right to their own opinion even if they don't match the majority.

I suppose another way of looking at it is, some people are equally as vocal about why they do like their new life as others are as to why they don't. Often people have polarized views therefore the balance comes in being able to read both for/against rather than someone bringing balance into their post. Personally I'm happy to hear what others say regardless as to whether I totally agree or not. At least that way it helps to either re-affirm my views or gain insight. Either way, most of us know what we want out of life and our personal views mean we don't always agree. As long as this doesn't effect my life, or vice versa...then no harm done
Totally agree with what you say J. But what I don't understand is why seek out a forum for moving back to UK in order to be vocal about how fab life is since you left the UK? Surely these posts would be better placed in the relevant country forum?
Old Oct 7th 2006, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with what you say J. But what I don't understand is why seek out a forum for moving back to UK in order to be vocal about how fab life is since you left the UK? Surely these posts would be better placed in the relevant country forum?

I think it's to cause a stir mostly.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

Yeh agree with you m8. Mostly, if someone wants to cause a stir then here's the place to do it. It's those kind that most of us just swich off from anyways as they add noting to the debate. That's life I suppose hey m8 .

....anyways, in those circumstances...I reckon we put them in "the dickhead box"
Old Oct 7th 2006, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

the sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to all

Hi Guys? I totally agree with what you are all saying? However getting ppls point of views can help some ppl who are in limbo or just really dont know what to do.
Some ppl who move away from the uk love it others do not, but if someone does not like the uk and expresses there view's then to me it's all good advice and vice versa. everyone has a right to say what they like and dislike and to be honest we have to respect other ppl even if we do not agree.
Me personally there is things i like about the uk and i also have dislikes however it would be the same in every country. However everyone who has made a conscious decision on moving away i take my hat of to them, i would rather regret something i have done, that not to do it and regret that for the rest of my life.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 1:51 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that really 'balance?

I like reading the Back to the UK forum even though we do not have any intention of going back ourselves.

Everyones individual - of course theres people who want back in the UK - and the UK offers lots and has many great things about it. For us - its not right, but for others its where they want to be.

WE were frustrated in the UK so we left. Others are frustrated in Oz for example so they return to the UK. Its unfair to critisize people for their personal views on whichever country they relate to ...... I'm not the biggest fan of the UK but I would never tell anyone else they were stupid going back. In the same way people shouldnt blame the country they couldnt settle in for their problems - its just that YOU didnt like it. What is a problem for you is not to many others.

I go back to the UK every year at least twice for hols - have a great time, love visiting it for a vacation but am well aware we dont want to live there.

I just hope everyone finds where they want to be - and at least those returning to the UK took the chance and now appreciate Britain even more!
Old Oct 7th 2006, 2:06 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I have no objection to people make valid observations about the UK or explainwhy they would not want to live there.

What I find deeply offensive are the small minority of posters who refer to the UK as a "$hi!hole" etc. Whilst such comments reflect more on the one making the comment than the country they are aimed at, it still pi$$es me off.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz

What a fantastic post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally agree. When I start a thread I love the thought of people coming on and both going off the point AND disagreeing with my sentiments. Because that is what open forums and democracy is about. If people see it as having their noses rubbed in it thats their problem. We all have different agendas and different views..that is the richness of life, is it not??. If all had the same view what a bore life would be!! I really feel that people need to stop being so precious about what after all is an open, public forum. So long as you are not wholly abusive what's the problem???
Old Oct 8th 2006, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I think it's to cause a stir mostly.
No its not!!! It is to put our view. People who look at this and are still in the UK perchance need a bit of balance..aye? If the moderators think it is unreasonable change the thread to 'why do you want to retuun to the UK..anyone who dares disagree is not welcome' And that would be dictorship. Public Forum..free speech what?? I have no need to stir, I know you not and will never meet you, I am relatively happy and have never been a stir monger as is being suggested. Perchance you need to consider as to wether or not you are being a tad oversensitive about this subject??. I don't think I have ever slagged off the Uk per se, other than the horrible neighbourhood I lived in within Northampton. The Uk indeed has many, many wonderous points and there is much I miss about the UK. Its just that for us and the kids it feels better over here. Good luck to all those that return. There is nothing wrong atall about returning to your former country..atleast you gave it a go. Good on yer!!

Last edited by Genesis; Oct 8th 2006 at 4:10 am.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

....anyways, in those circumstances...I reckon we put them in "the dickhead box" [/QUOTE]

Resorting to abuse now aye??
Old Oct 8th 2006, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
No its not!!! It is to put our view. People who look at this and are still in the UK perchance need a bit of balance..aye? If the moderators think it is unreasonable change the thread to 'why do you want to retuun to the UK..anyone who dares disagree is not welcome' And that would be dictorship. Public Forum..free speech what?? I have no need to stir, I know you not and will never meet you, I am relatively happy and have never been a stir monger as is being suggested. Perchance you need to consider as to wether or not you are being a tad oversensitive about this subject??. I don't think I have ever slagged off the Uk per se, other than the horrible neighbourhood I lived in within Northampton. The Uk indeed has many, many wonderous points and there is much I miss about the UK. Its just that for us and the kids it feels better over here. Good luck to all those that return. There is nothing wrong atall about returning to your former country..atleast you gave it a go. Good on yer!!

Jumping to conclusions I see.

The part of the UK I come from IS a sh1thole and I wouldn't return if you paid me, but you don't see me coming on the Returning to the UK forum just to tell people that they are mental for wanting to go back.

Mostly I leave them to it. This part of the forum is for people to share their experiences of MOVING BACK TO THE UK and to support each other through the difficult time of making the decision on whether to stay where they are or return, it is not for me to rant on about how wonderful things are for me. I talk about Australia in the Australia forum where it's supposed to go.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Wendy]Jumping to conclusions I see.

The part of the UK I come from IS a sh1thole and I wouldn't return if you paid me, but you don't see me coming on the Returning to the UK forum just to tell people that they are mental for wanting to go back.

Aren't you wonderful?? I have never told anyone they are mental to return to the UK..where did you get that from???
Old Oct 8th 2006, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Genesis]
Originally Posted by Wendy
Jumping to conclusions I see.

Aren't you wonderful?? I have never told anyone they are mental to return to the UK..where did you get that from???

I didn't say that you had at all, but that is what this thread is about
Old Oct 8th 2006, 6:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Genesis
....anyways, in those circumstances...I reckon we put them in "the dickhead box"
If someone states their own personal view, in whatever language they chose, then it is valid. It is THEIR own personal view.

However if someone expresses their view with the intention to bate or stir or cause a reaction, then they go into "the dick-head box"

If someone hates the UK or Australia then so be it. It's THEIR choice.

I personally have no problem with how vocal people express themselves. At least they are honest. I have no problem with how they express this either.

Everyone sees the world they live in in different ways

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.