Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

thinking of moving home after 34 years HELP

thinking of moving home after 34 years HELP

Old Jul 29th 2014, 11:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: thinking of moving home after 34 years HELP

Originally Posted by maddie1959
I was told that is only if you need emergency care .

unless I had paid in for at least 7 years.
Who told you? That is correct for visitors...but you will not be a visitor because you are returning to the UK with the intention of being a UK resident.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

maddie1959 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Click on the blue 'Quote' tab...bottom left hand side of the post. That way the post you are answering will show in your reply as above.
Jerseygirl

Quote button on the right : not the left

when I answer to you for example ,does my replay not go under you're name ,if not How do you know without reading all my post that ive responded to you?
Old Jul 29th 2014, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

well long story but in a nut shell

fed up of the winters 6 months plus yuc
Quebec politics
no family
need more challenge

having said that don't know if England is a good idea, after so long I have little besides my mum to go back for, BUT I am a Brit after all, and think having all of Europe at my doorstep is a bonus.

or am I trying to convince myself
It's hard after that amount of time, but I think as we grow older, thoughts do turn to our roots.

Understandably, you sound very unsure though. Have you kept in touch with life in the UK?

Are you thinking of retiring there or do you need a job?
Old Jul 29th 2014, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Jerseygirl

when I answer to you for example ,does my replay not go under you're name ,if not How do you know without reading all my post that ive responded to you?
Just press the quote button and write your reply underneath the quoted text. Then everyone can see who you're talking to.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 11:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Jerseygirl

Haha...thanks I've amended my post.

If you hit 'Quote' to reply to one of my posts...and type your reply under mine in the reply box...my post will be quoted above your reply. Just like your post above.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
It's hard after that amount of time, but I think as we grow older, thoughts do turn to our roots.

Understandably, you sound very unsure though. Have you kept in touch with life in the UK?

Not really , I do go home every year to visit my mum.
I defiantly have to work ,which is a part of my concern . As a psycho-educator will my qualifications and experiences count there .

I cant figure out how to put this response under you're reply to me .
Old Jul 30th 2014, 2:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Not really , I do go home every year to visit my mum.
I defiantly have to work ,which is a part of my concern . As a psycho-educator will my qualifications and experiences count there .

I cant figure out how to put this response under you're reply to me .
You've done it correctly!
Old Jul 30th 2014, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Who told you? That is correct for visitors...but you will not be a visitor because you are returning to the UK with the intention of being a UK resident.
Jerseygirl
I spoke to someone at a gov office , however she did seem a little brain dead,
she also said I would not be entitled ant financial help ,if i don't get a job right away , for the same reason .
Old Jul 30th 2014, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: thinking of moving home after 34 years HELP

You've done it correctly!
yaa
Old Jul 30th 2014, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Just press the quote button and write your reply underneath the quoted text. Then everyone can see who you're talking to.

Thanks Finally got it yaaa
Old Jul 30th 2014, 2:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jerseygirl
I spoke to someone at a gov office , however she did seem a little brain dead,
she also said I would not be entitled ant financial help ,if i don't get a job right away , for the same reason .
I think you have to wait (3 months?) for Jobseeker's Allowance but not NHS treatment. I wouldn't advise you to move with no resources.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

I think you have to wait (3 months?) for Jobseeker's Allowance but not NHS treatment. I wouldn't advise you to move with no resources.
I do own a home there but my mum lives in it , also don't know if I want to live in Hull were I come from .
Old Jul 30th 2014, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I do own a home there but my mum lives in it , also don't know if I want to live in Hull were I come from .
It sounds like you need to check out the job possibilities. Maybe do a bit of networking on one of your visits? i am not familiar with psycho education. Is it something that would come under the remit of the NHS?

Regarding going back to the same town, I am not sure myself about that. I think on balance better to make a new start, but it depends on individual circumstances.
Old Jul 31st 2014, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

It sounds like you need to check out the job possibilities. Maybe do a bit of networking on one of your visits? i am not familiar with psycho education. Is it something that would come under the remit of the NHS?

Regarding going back to the same town, I am not sure myself about that. I think on balance better to make a new start, but it depends on individual circumstances.
psycho education is working with children and their families who have behavioral,emotional issues etc , I work for social service agencies and school .
Old Jul 31st 2014, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

psycho education is working with children and their families who have behavioral,emotional issues etc , I work for social service agencies and school .
Probably just a question of whether your qualifications are compatible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.