Sorted the flat! Now the Shipping

Old Aug 19th 2015, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

Swatmozzies is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Sorted the flat! Now the Shipping

So I just leased a flat in Uk with a hefty whack of 6 months rent upfront. The good news is I now have a September Lease date and an actual UK address for Utility Bills, Banks etc. I am really glad that I called all the Estate Agents from the States in advance of this last trip, knowing that to secure a Lease would require this downpayment. Mainly because I am self employed and have not lived in Uk for ages. In the end I bailed on Estate Agents and found a great flat on Gumtree last minute with a Private Landlord. It took me 10 days total with much stress and two phones (Wireless US ATT locked phone and an old Nokia I use with my old Uk number). I took screen shots to get me to the places I needed for viewing and also was staying with friends who helped make this process a lot easier. I shall wait on the new NHS Clinic address change including Driving License, Council Tax, meter readings etc until I actually move into the new property. Netflix have told me in the USA to literally change the location and payment details to UK to make the switch easier. I have also ordered a free GiffGaff Sim - 3 sim sizes are posted to you - for my return and will buy an actual data package before my Uk final return. 2nd September 2015 they renew all their GiffGaff Goody Bags and Data Plans. It looked like the best deal to me initially and also they will allow better tethering options with the changes. I shall decide on BT etc after that. I am back in USA now to arrange the early September shipping date and sort all my personal belongings including a last yard sale. I had 2 quotes from shippers but now have the added info of 4 floors for them to climb once the gear arrives in Uk... so will adjust accordingly. I just had to put one foot in front of the other on this last trip. Wanted to give a progress report and heads up! It's a huge deal but each step forward makes one feel lighter.