Shower
81.82%
Bath
18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Shower or Bath?

Old Apr 22nd 2017, 1:51 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shower or Bath?

We're renewing our bathroom later this year. We don't have room for a shower stall and a full size bath. Which would you choose?
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 1:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shower or Bath?

Is it an en suite? If so I would choose shower. If it is your only bathroom...I would go for a bath with shower attachment.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 2:15 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

How long do you expect to live in the house? If long term, say 10+ years, then go with what you want, and if that means a shower then be prepared to reinstall a bath if you can't sell it when the time comes, and after ten or more years it will probably time to refresh the bathroom anyway.

Personally I think a significant number of people would be happy to buy a home without a bath these days anyway.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 22nd 2017 at 2:27 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 2:25 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

What JG said.

You will exclude quite a few potential buyers if your home doesn't have a bath....families with small children prefer to have a bath, not only do little children adore being in the bath, they tend to hate being washed in a shower stall (not to mention the poor parent/childcarer getting soaked too!).

I personally tend to have more showers but from time to time if I really want to relax or my muscles are sore, there is nothing nicer than a hot bath.

Go for the best of both worlds...a bath tub with an overhead shower attachment.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 2:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
+1. Just do both.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
How long do you expect to live in the house? If long term, say 10+ years, then go with what you want, and if that means a shower then be prepared to reinstall a bath if you can't sell it when the time comes, and after ten or more years it will probably time to refresh the bathroom anyway.

Personally I think a significant number of people would be happy to buy a home without a bath these days anyway.
I'd agree with this approach. A shower over the bath is not always suitable for people with mobility issues.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Groanies is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd go for a shower

but presumably you could just have a bath with a detachable shower? (avoid having to make the choice)

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 22nd 2017 at 8:54 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

LouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely bath, no question. You can add a shower to it for best of both words. But no bath, no deal
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 8:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Englishmum
What JG said.

You will exclude quite a few potential buyers if your home doesn't have a bath....families with small children prefer to have a bath, not only do little children adore being in the bath, they tend to hate being washed in a shower stall (not to mention the poor parent/childcarer getting soaked too!).

I personally tend to have more showers but from time to time if I really want to relax or my muscles are sore, there is nothing nicer than a hot bath.

+ 2
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 10:28 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I love the odd bath, but if I had to choose only one it'd be a shower with the largest floor area and safest/easiest access I could manage in the space. Planning for the future and all that.

Editha, if you can afford to lose a few inches in the shower space, get the tiler to build in a tiled shelf - they're great for keeping all your necessities within reach without having to bend.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 10:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I love the odd bath, but if I had to choose only one it'd be a shower with the largest floor area and safest/easiest access I could manage in the space. Planning for the future and all that.

Editha, if you can afford to lose a few inches in the shower space, get the tiler to build in a tiled shelf - they're great for keeping all your necessities within reach without having to bend.
Good point. Alternatively...get triangular pieces of matching marble cut and have them fixed in the corner of the shower wall.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

There is of course a walk-in bathtub with an overhead shower attachment.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Walk-in_tub.jpg
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:56 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
There is of course a walk-in bathtub with an overhead shower attachment. ....
And such plumbed-in weirdness will, of course, make the home easy to sell eventually.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

If only bathroom a power shower over bath. Gives you both options.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 8:26 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all for the input.

We were set to have the bathroom renewed, installing a new bath with shower, which is the arrangement we already have. We've put the project on hold while I see consultants and find out what the prognosis is for my mobility issues. An alternative to ripping out the bath might be to extend our downstairs loo into a shower room, or even converting our loft and putting a second bathroom up there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.