The Pensioners' Top-Up

Old Apr 4th 2014, 3:07 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Pensioners' Top-Up

Originally Posted by Editha
The Pensions Bill which will bring in the Single Tier Pension is expected to receive royal assent this spring. You can follow its progress here:
http://services.parliament.uk/bills/.../pensions.html
Blimey, ELEVEN stages before it receives royal assent. No wonder we never know whether these things are "final". "Passed" might just mean passed stage 1 (First reading in the House of Commons)!
Old Apr 4th 2014, 3:35 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

On the Single Tier Pension and Voluntary NICs.

I've just checked with the HMRC National Insurance helpline. At the moment it is only possible to pay voluntary NICs up to the 30 year mark.

After the Pension Act introducing the Single Tier Pension becomes law in a few months time, 35 years contributions will be needed for a full single tier pension. There will be transitional arrangements to allow anyone short of the 35 years needed to make up the difference.

I'll post this on the other pension thread also.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

On the Single Tier Pension and Voluntary NICs.

I've just checked with the HMRC National Insurance helpline. At the moment it is only possible to pay voluntary NICs up to the 30 year mark.

After the Pension Act introducing the Single Tier Pension becomes law in a few months time, 35 years contributions will be needed for a full single tier pension. There will be transitional arrangements to allow anyone short of the 35 years needed to make up the difference.

I'll post this on the other pension thread also.
I think we already have that info, Editha - that's what the 'topping up' article that was posted was all about...
Old Apr 4th 2014, 3:39 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
I think we already have that info, Editha - that's what the 'topping up' article that was posted was all about...
Where is that?
Old Apr 4th 2014, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Where is that?
Post #8 in the 'stakeholder pension' thread has a link to an article with details of the transition arrangements - the 18 month window to make top ups...

ETA - I'm confused now! this thread started with the same article
Old Apr 4th 2014, 3:46 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting deja vu ... these two pensions threads are starting to look the same ...

Last edited by dunroving; Apr 4th 2014 at 3:50 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 3:57 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Originally Posted by rebs
Post #8 in the 'stakeholder pension' thread has a link to an article with details of the transition arrangements - the 18 month window to make top ups...

ETA - I'm confused now! this thread started with the same article
Rebs you appear to be totally confused between old style pensions and the new single tier pension, between the pension top up and voluntary NICs.

Why are you contributing to this discussion?
Old Apr 4th 2014, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rebs you appear to be totally confused between old style pensions and the new single tier pension, between the pension top up and voluntary NICs.

Why are you contributing to this discussion?
Good question, but I'm out now.. so have at it ...