Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Mar 12th 2011, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
Very interesting article. My dogs love veggies especially broccoli and carrots.
Since I can't eat anything that can look at me, I thought I'd see if I could alleviate the guilt on that end too.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by aviva
Since I can't eat anything that can look at me, I thought I'd see if I could alleviate the guilt on that end too.
Are you a vegetarian?
Old Mar 19th 2011, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Does anyone know how the person who is our "travel expert"? At one time was going to use her services but things did not work out..I would like to contact her if anyone as this info..
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

and now for something different... I just took a break from the computer to have me tea and I got to look at CNN on TV and it looks like all heck is breaking out in Libya with the NATO forces firing missiles like they were M&Ms on Libya. I'm so so glad that this is not a US led effort and I got to admire the British for being one of the leaders along with France in this military operation. I say this because as we all know the UK is trying to cut back on its military spending so it comes as a great sacrifice.

No Doc Martin tonight because it is plead night on PBS.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
and now for something different... I just took a break from the computer to have me tea and I got to look at CNN on TV and it looks like all heck is breaking out in Libya with the NATO forces firing missiles like they were M&Ms on Libya. I'm so so glad that this is not a US led effort and I got to admire the British for being one of the leaders along with France in this military operation. I say this because as we all know the UK is trying to cut back on its military spending so it comes as a great sacrifice.

No Doc Martin tonight because it is plead night on PBS.
I agree with you Cheers. I am a pacifist and not pro-war but Quadaffi was going to bomb the hell out of his own people, civilians to boot, and I am very proud of the way that US, UK, France and the League of Arab Nations are handling this. The man (Quadaffi) is a complete nutter.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Very depressing! More war, less money for other things and probably a delay in the economic recovery.
I really don't think that this will go on for very long. If Quadaffi is not in custody or dead by the end of next week, I shall be surprised.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
Does anyone know how the person who is our "travel expert"? At one time was going to use her services but things did not work out..I would like to contact her if anyone as this info..
I think her name is Cindy - there was a thread a couple of days ago about airplane fares being much higher than last year - and I believe Cindy's name was mentioned. Maybe you could send a note to Sue (the administrator) and she would put you in touch with the right person.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
I agree with you Cheers. I am a pacifist and not pro-war but Quadaffi was going to bomb the hell out of his own people, civilians to boot, and I am very proud of the way that US, UK, France and the League of Arab Nations are handling this. The man (Quadaffi) is a complete nutter.
Don't forget the Canadians.......

Canada has committed six Hornets to help enforce the no-fly zone. The Canadian jets were seen at Prestwick airport in Scotland on Saturday where they landed for a refuelling stop before heading towards the Mediterranean.

I have to agree with what someone else said, 'He is either a nutter or as sly as a fox'. He's done well so far. He got a way with the bombing of the PanAm airliner and who knows what else?
Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:47 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't think that this will go on for very long. If Quadaffi is not in custody or dead by the end of next week, I shall be surprised.
Are you just trying to make me feel better
Old Mar 20th 2011, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all
Angry Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

I really don't understand why everyone thinks that the Allied Nations are doing such a wonderful thing in Libya. They never do squat about atrocities by leaders against their people all over Africa. They are just protecting the flow of the purest oil on the planet. IMO!
Old Mar 20th 2011, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
Don't forget the Canadians.......

Canada has committed six Hornets to help enforce the no-fly zone. The Canadian jets were seen at Prestwick airport in Scotland on Saturday where they landed for a refuelling stop before heading towards the Mediterranean.

I have to agree with what someone else said, 'He is either a nutter or as sly as a fox'. He's done well so far. He got a way with the bombing of the PanAm airliner and who knows what else?
Have they really? They didn't even get an honourable mention on the stations I have been listening to. Canada doesn't have a large military and are pretty stretched in Afghanistan where they are being dessimated by roadside bombs.
He's definitely a nutter. Have you heard his interviews? He may be sly too but he's a nutter .
Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Have they really? They didn't even get an honourable mention on the stations I have been listening to. Canada doesn't have a large military and are pretty stretched in Afghanistan where they are being dessimated by roadside bombs.
He's definitely a nutter. Have you heard his interviews? He may be sly too but he's a nutter .
... make that "decimated". I looked at this and laughed.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Are you just trying to make me feel better
I know this sounds silly but I feel suddenly very British and I am extremely proud of the bravery of our British boys who are going in first to wipe out the anti-aircraft guns, control posts and other targets to save people's lives. I am a bit worried that everyone I talk to feels there is a hidden agenda.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 11:25 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I REALLY like Buxton. My brother and I took the bus there in the 90s, OS map in hand and walked across the fields to Arbor Lowe (a henge older than Stonehenge - no big stones though) and the Nine Maidens. I was going to suggest Derbyshire as a much underestimated area of beautiful scenery.

The Buxton trip is off due to the bloomin' horrid weather.

We are going instead to Lady Hayes then to Delamere Forest for lunch.

http://www.ladyheyes.co.uk/
Old Mar 20th 2011, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

HighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Beedubya
The Buxton trip is off due to the bloomin' horrid weather.

We are going instead to Lady Hayes then to Delamere Forest for lunch.

http://www.ladyheyes.co.uk/
Enjoy your Sunday lunch

It's a beautiful sunny day down in Devon.....
We have had a beautiful week all barring one day. It was my nephew's wedding yesterday which was a real fun affair. It was a second marriage so just a small affair with about 26 people. Registry office followed by a 3 course lunch at a lovely old restaurant in Exeter. Welcomed in by a glass of Pimms and then a sit down lunch . Back to their house for a bit of a party. Met some wonderful new people . A real fun day. Oh yes and the night before the Stag do ....really glad I restrained myself....there were a couple of bad hangovers. Just can't do stags the night before the wedding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.