Other side of the coin...

Old Jan 7th 2007, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of
Default Other side of the coin...

Having read some of the threads in the returning to the uk forum, I know some people have obviously had genuinely bad experiences in Aus through bad luck/no fault of there own, etc, and it is human nature to feel "BITTER" re any bad experience, indeed we may feel the same way ourselves in 2 years' time, but it seems to me that most are gripeing about things that are NOT really important issues, eg like missing Tescos/Aus phrases, which proves my point, would these things even bother these people if things had worked out? I suspect not....water off a ducks back, me thinks...

Anyway, personally, again we may feel differently in 2years time, but I think some of the "real" issues are if we don't give it a go and STAY in the UK are:-

* Do I feel safe walking round to my local shops after dark?

* Would I want to bring up children in the aggressive environment that is the UK/what opportunities are there for them with no apprenterships, etc, anymore, ie for the person of average intelliegence, other than working in a warehouse?

* Will I have a pension when I retire?

* Do I really want to spend the rest of my life in a country where for 7 months of the year it is too cold/wet/dark to really do anything but watch tv or be in the pub?

etc, etc....Think about it...
Old Jan 7th 2007, 10:49 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Other side of the coin...

Originally Posted by JAMIEKERRIE
Having read some of the threads in the returning to the uk forum, I know some people have obviously had genuinely bad experiences in Aus through bad luck/no fault of there own, etc, and it is human nature to feel "BITTER" re any bad experience, indeed we may feel the same way ourselves in 2 years' time, but it seems to me that most are gripeing about things that are NOT really important issues, eg like missing Tescos/Aus phrases, which proves my point, would these things even bother these people if things had worked out? I suspect not....water off a ducks back, me thinks...

Anyway, personally, again we may feel differently in 2years time, but I think some of the "real" issues are if we don't give it a go and STAY in the UK are:-

* Would I want to bring up children in the aggressive environment that is the UK/what opportunities are there for them with no apprenterships, etc, anymore, ie for the person of average intelliegence, other than working in a warehouse?

* Do I really want to spend the rest of my life in a country where for 7 months of the year it is too cold/wet/dark to really do anything but watch tv or be in the pub?

you are sooooo asking for bother posting that in here......
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
Maybe, but that is not my intention, merely looking at the bigger picture.If the truth hurts..
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'd be better placed to make a judgement on things that people miss, and the reasons why they want to return, when your location reads "Australia" instead of "W Midlands"..........
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:03 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe, but that is not my intention, merely looking at the bigger picture.If the truth hurts..
good luck

<northernbird puts tin hat on and waits.....>
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

good luck

<northernbird puts tin hat on and waits.....>

no need for tin hat - cant even be bothered to answer. Read the thred "to all those thinking of returning jusy below you" Not much of a different question. :
speak again when youve been to Oz a while or got a few stats up your sleve to support your claims......................

...ah well, back to sleep
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think you'd be better placed to make a judgement on things that people miss, and the reasons why they want to return, when your location reads "Australia" instead of "W Midlands"..........
did I not say in the original thread that WE MAY FEEL THE SAME IN TWO YEARS!?i Im sure we will miss things from the UK, it's only natural...
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

did I not say in the original thread that WE MAY FEEL THE SAME IN TWO YEARS!?i Im sure we will miss things from the UK, it's only natural...
I'm just a bit confused as to why you feel it necessary to tell those returning to "think about it"....do you really believe they haven't?!
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

I'm just a bit confused as to why you feel it necessary to tell those returning to "think about it"....do you really believe they haven't?!
..i'm sure they have, just depends on EXACTLY what they have been thinking about (SEE ORIGINAL THREAD..) i'm not on the wind.. honest!
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

tony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nice

very true! lol, i posted a bit of a rant the other day about London (my home bloody town) and started world war 3, these people were and still are baying for my blood bothered, lol
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:35 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

You've been to Detroit then.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

All i can say is take your blinkers off mate, tell us something we don't know

You really need to spend 2 years in OZ then decide to write a post about the good and the bad, you may find you will eat your words!!!

Or do you wear rose tints all the time
Old Jan 7th 2007, 12:09 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree Polly. From a person who was soooo open minded and couldn't imagine actually missing tesco's etc I think that the OP should think about it cause until you live here you can't really make comments like that. You do miss the familiarty and a lot more. You can prepare in every practical way but emotions are another thing. I really hope that the OP has no problem settling in when they come over cause feeling the way I did and still do sometimes is something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 7th 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paulrachel
All i can say is take your blinkers off mate, tell us something we don't know

You really need to spend 2 years in OZ then decide to write a post about the good and the bad, you may find you will eat your words!!!

Or do you wear rose tints all the time
As I said above+in the original thread WE MAY FEEL THE SAME IN TWO YEARS TIME, havent got rose tinted glasses on, (may well ask some people on this particular forum the same thing re the UK!) just pointing out a few FACTS re the UK, although, like someone said above, admittedly I agree we really do need to live there for 2 years to make REAL comparrissons, HOWEVER,that is NOT what i'm trying to say at this stage, just pointing out some of the alternatives/destiny IF WE STAY IN THE UK.

Thankyou.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 4:08 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

As I said above+in the original thread WE MAY FEEL THE SAME IN TWO YEARS TIME, havent got rose tinted glasses on, (may well ask some people on this particular forum the same thing re the UK!) just pointing out a few FACTS re the UK, although, like someone said above, admittedly I agree we really do need to live there for 2 years to make REAL comparrissons, HOWEVER,that is NOT what i'm trying to say at this stage, just pointing out some of the alternatives/destiny IF WE STAY IN THE UK.

Thankyou.
Alternatively....you could have a nice house in the peak district, no mortgage, a good pension, money in the bank, no worries about crime.......

....and a visa to live in Australia when you choose

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.