NHS

Old Nov 14th 2016, 9:41 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NHS

You poor sod. My best wishes to your wife. Sounds to me like now is the time to buy in help with dad.

Best wishes.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:13 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that Ms Novo still has a way to go with her left elbow, it's a bugger how a split second accident can have such long term effects. I hope she doesn't need more surgery.

It's hard caring for someone who you know is not going to make it. If it gets too difficult definitely get some help if you can. Sometimes the person being cared for is a bit more comfortable with a 'stranger' to do their personal care, others would rather it be someone they know. Is your dad-in-law still aware of his surroundings and people?
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:23 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
You poor sod. My best wishes to your wife. Sounds to me like now is the time to buy in help with dad.

Best wishes.
Already done, but he's a stubborn old bastard. He doesn't like strangers.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:26 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Is your dad-in-law still aware of his surroundings and people?
Yes, very much so. Thanks for the empathy.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 9:14 pm
Born again atheist

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but my FIL died today.

C'est la vie, ou la morte.

His NHS care was mostly exemplary but his palliative care was astonishingly good. We hear daily reports of the dysfunction of Social Care, but his was top notch. In the last week or two, he was at home with 24 hour carers. In the last 2 days or so, there were two carers all 24 hours.

All covered by the NHS.

RIP Rex.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 9:38 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

His NHS care was mostly exemplary but his palliative care was astonishingly good. We hear daily reports of the dysfunction of Social Care, but his was top notch. In the last week or two, he was at home with 24 hour carers. In the last 2 days or so, there were two carers all 24 hours.

All covered by the NHS.

RIP Rex.
Thanks for posting Novo, it's reassuring to hear that your dad-in-law's palliative care was so good.

My condolences to Mrs Novo and yourself. Sleep peacefully now Rex.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 9:41 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Our condolences Novo to you & your wife

Good to see your report that he had "top notch" care & attention to the very end
Old Feb 15th 2017, 9:45 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I only realized after you put the PI in capitals what Magnum's user name is.
For a long time it read in my head as Magnumpfy. Still does TBH.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 9:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

All covered by the NHS.

RIP Rex.

Sounds like m'Dad. I managed to get him home from hospital to die. The palliative care was excellent and the help , care & support we both got was beyond first rate. I will always be thankful to them all for that.

Condolences to MrsNovo and to you. So important the last days and hours of life are as peaceful as they can be and with dignity.

All the best to you both for his final farewell. Hope that day is kind to you all
Old Feb 15th 2017, 9:52 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BEVS
For a long time it read in my head as Magnumpfy. Still does TBH.
at least you don't read it as Magnumpty.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

My condolences, Novocastrian. It is so good to hear positive things about the NHS. Being of the advanced age that we are, my husband and I have a few friends here who have either recently died or are seriously ill. All of them have or had received amazing care under the NHS and are or were so appreciative of that care. Palliative care is especially important as it can sustain the dignity of a terminally ill patient. It is great to know that your FIL received such care at its best.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 10:09 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Condolences to you and Mrs Novo. It's good that you were there for him.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

Condolences. I'm very sorry for your loss.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

My condolences to you both Novo.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 11:06 am
Born again atheist

Thank you to everyone who has posted..

It's much appreciated. We're now going to be busy sorting things out for a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.