National Insurance credits

Old Mar 30th 2014, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

trane22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default National Insurance credits

Hi All, need some advice from an expert on the state pension, I playing catch up since returning to the UK.

Briefly, good to be back, not always easy, its third time lucky, my other two attempts didnt last long, thinking what the :@{:@ am i doing back here, but this time around its alright, what changed well i had to make a decision, either Oz or the UK, so i guess this time im trying to make it work....i was going to heaps, ha, loads of opportunities here that you woundnt get in Australia, materials technology for the racing and aviation industries, namely in my line of work and interests, and people willing to give you a go,with persistence Things have changed in Oz, not just the expense,as we all know but the slickness of everything, character of the place over the years has been distilled into this kind of, i dont know how to express it in words, but its a place i didnt want to be anymore, despite being a wonderful country in many ways.

The Uk is OK, but what i do luv is the people, i never remembered it as a overly friendly place when i was growing up, but thats what i cant get over is how friendly people are, even the police, nothing bad, just a bit of a run in, but humanity and few laughs and on ya way, if it was oz, in the lock up before you know it.

Anyway back to MY QUESTION...ok UK National insurance credits,im playing catch up still have a 20 years to go but i need 30 or is it 35 now....i have 3 years plus my 6, now this is the question, i remember reading somewhere on the web that Oz and UK have, or had a reciprocal agreement, and Uk lads undertaking a government training course could get a NI credit, i did an opposite type course for a year in OZ, well before 2008 when the changed the agreements, so can i, with this reciprocal agreement in place at the time, get a credit for that year...Cheers..and good luck