Moving back from Australia

Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:53 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
Well said Pollyanna. We are so similar and you say it so well.
I too agree with pollyanna, a bit rude I thought .
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:16 am
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Funny that my mates say the flag would be so much better if the piece of crap in the top corner was removed.
Change your mates.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:52 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
Goodness - what Melbourne suburb was this?

I have only been abused by coffee morning mothers who in the course of conversation managed to drop in comments like "stupid english people" "stupid poms" etc.

Needless to say I never went back to coffee morning.

A friend of mine went to a school mothers dinner and had to listen to 2 hours of England being rubbished by mothers who had never set foot there. One of the comments was how "scruffy" the uniforms looked in England.

It's stuff like that you have to put up with - and it's just not worth it in my opinoin. I don't like it that much here but I'd never say so to the locals.
Hi Mrs B - It was in Cheltenham - I was dropping my daughter off at work and had parked my car too close to his - I wasn't even parking up and leaving, just simply dropping her off and going.

I can't believe that people rubbish a country that they haven't even been to. Iv'e heard several comments from Aussies that they don't like the UK - when I ask them where they've visited they tell me they've been to London. So they base the whole of their decision about the UK on one city. Two people on hearing my English accent have actually asked me which part of London I'm from
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:03 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I have put EVERYTHING into this, and got nothing out of it. My health has gone downhill at a great rate of knots. I can't get out there and do sport or outdoor pursuits cos my body hasn't the stamina any longer. I am giving my husband all my inheritance from my dad so he can go on courses he wants to do (bang goes my escape money). I have fought to make friends who have mostly turned away cos we don't fit their cosy Aussie family lifestyle, and I have spent 3 years trying to get the security of a decent job.

Sorry for myself - NO, never.
CROSS with myself, yes, for coming here in the first place, but the pull of love was too strong to resist.
Why do people assume that because everything isn't perfect for you here and you say so, you are automatically feeling sorry for yourself Sharing your pain, worries and concerns with others in cyberland can only help you to cope and be more positive in the real world.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:03 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPM
Change your mates.
actually I don't think I will, makes a change from the whinging poms I come across.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:06 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Hi Mrs B - It was in Cheltenham - I was dropping my daughter off at work and had parked my car too close to his - I wasn't even parking up and leaving, just simply dropping her off and going.

I can't believe that people rubbish a country that they haven't even been to. Iv'e heard several comments from Aussies that they don't like the UK - when I ask them where they've visited they tell me they've been to London. So they base the whole of their decision about the UK on one city. Two people on hearing my English accent have actually asked me which part of London I'm from

English people here do exactly the same. Having a crap time where they choose to settle yet Australia is crap. No difference at all.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:16 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
actually I don't think I will, makes a change from the whinging poms I come across.
Have tried so hard to ignore you , but you have obviously take the Australia is perfect pills .Pity you don't realise that your "mates" rate you after the dog .don't ever depend on them.If you find you need help find a whinging pom they won't turn on you even though you deserve it . you're worse than a reformed smoker. though while you slag off england they will tolerate you
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

English people here do exactly the same. Having a crap time where they choose to settle yet Australia is crap. No difference at all.
LouiseD seems to be referring specifically to comments made by Aussie's who have been to visit one single city in the UK, and not Aussie's who have actually moved to reside there.

There is such a wide variation, over such a small area in the UK. There is such a small variation, over such a large area in Australia.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:25 am
beam me up scotty

Not all of us, I have been to every state worked in 3 .the difference is in England from county to county things change here if there is no sign to tell you where you are ,you would never guess. all the same all over.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toandfro
Have tried so hard to ignore you , but you have obviously take the Australia is perfect pills .Pity you don't realise that your "mates" rate you after the dog .don't ever depend on them.If you find you need help find a whinging pom they won't turn on you even though you deserve it . you're worse than a reformed smoker. though while you slag off england they will tolerate you
Blunt.

True, in my experience, when they turn, they turn big time.
I employ two Brit's, they are loyal, reliable and hard working. I have also employed Aussie's, no comment.......
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Not all of us, I have been to every state worked in 3 .the difference is in England from county to county things change here if there is no sign to tell you where you are ,you would never guess. all the same all over.
All looks just about the same doesn't it?
Love the look of Sydney, love Melbourne.
Seen one gum tree, seen 'em all really.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 12:18 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FPM
Will do

My sister lives in Stokenchurch, nr High Wycombe, they have a huge Asda nearby and when Yoosun and I were there last year she could not believe the choice (i tried to tell her but you know how it is ). She said she had never seen so much choice in a supermarket and so big. Having said that she was also impressed with Tesco and Morrisons, especially the ' two for ones'

She was very impressed with a genuine Ploughmans Lunch at one of my local village pubs (it was real Ploughmans, no lettuce in sight _

Hmm, not sure why she didn't settle there. I'm gonna have to work on her

See that's why I do it. I know that Britain is not the best place on earth, but I also sure as sh!t know that Australia isn't either. And the more they bang on about it being God's country and all that hogwash, the greater delight I take in defending in my own country. They really buy into all the hype. The problem is even if you keep saying something it still doesn't make it true. But they believe it.

Aussies are like your typical loud mouthed school bully, they love dishing it out but can't take it back.

Being married to a 'neutral' is great really, I can crack on about stuff without offending my wife.
I found that the worst thing you could say to an ultra-parochial Aussie was "Australia [actually Sydney] is alright. It's OK." - which was the truth! And it's what I say to people in the UK too. But to this particular breed of Aussie, which is all too common, Australia is "Godzone". I'd like to have Sydney and the Great Barrier Reef closer for holidays. The rest doesn't interest me.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 12:51 pm
Gutter Gob!!

You are not trying hard enough . Look I have never said Australia is perfect and I have never slagged off England. I have said where I am from in England is a craphole and i have said I love living where I do. My life here is good and it wasn't in England, simple as that.

As for my Australian friends. They have done more for me in the 6 years I have known them than any other friend of any nationality I have known and I have lived in about 5 different countries. I know I can depend on them without question and have done on many occasions.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

You are not trying hard enough . Look I have never said Australia is perfect and I have never slagged off England. I have said where I am from in England is a craphole and i have said I love living where I do. My life here is good and it wasn't in England, simple as that.

As for my Australian friends. They have done more for me in the 6 years I have known them than any other friend of any nationality I have known and I have lived in about 5 different countries. I know I can depend on them without question and have done on many occasions.
Doctor doctor, I can't pronounce my F's, T's and H's

Well you can't say fairer than that then
Old Nov 1st 2006, 12:59 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
Doctor doctor, I can't pronounce my F's, T's and H's

Well you can't say fairer than that then

what are you on about, must be that english sense of humour I hear so much about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.