Kitchen knives

Old Jul 21st 2016, 6:21 am
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kitchen knives

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Ta - an online kitchen store has a set of 7 global knives in a wood block, for just under 300 pounds. It's actually a good bargain when you consider how much they are individually, now I just have to stop humming an ha-ing, and click 'buy'
Sounds like a bargain. The large knives are over £100 each.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 8:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Unless you really know what you are buying stay well clear of the Sabatier title it is not a brand name and has been subject to many years of misuse and abuse. Buy from a reputable kitchen supply shop for the alloy steels used in knife manufacture move on quite quickly and newer and better combinations come to the fore so the reputable supplier can better meet your requirements and price range.
Looking at your post forged German/Japanese indicates that you are already well on to the right track...
Point taken!
Old Jul 21st 2016, 8:19 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I have a drawer full of useless knives, I finally found some Victorinox made by the swiss army knife people so I'm told. I have three smallish ones, good for chopping veg cheese and small thing, I'll be getting some more serious ones at some point this year for meat carving. I found them on Amazon.
https://www.victorinox.com/uk/en/Pro...FYgK0wod2RkAeA
Thanks. Glad I'm not the only one with a collection of useless knives - I must take them to the charity shop along with all the equally useless bits and pieces that came with the dinner set. Someone may be able to use teeny-weeny coffee cups with saucers and 8 egg cups, but that someone's not me.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 8:20 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I have some Victorinox knives and 1 Sabatier. I got them back in 1983 when I was studying catering and hotel management at Manchester Poly and it's what the chefs there recommended. I've still got them today and they are still going strong. I shall invest in a few more new knives when we return to the UK. Not paying silly NZ prices!

Sparkleydiva, did you not have any problems carrying them in your suitcase?
Definitely quality if you've had them that long and they're still good