Just how bad is it in the UK??

Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice
Default Re: Just how bad is it in the UK??

Originally Posted by Bevm
I don't think anyone's disagreeing that the UK is in a bad recession, and it's hitting some areas and some jobs very hard. You know. You live there, and I'm sorry for what you're going through.

What some of us are trying to get across is that it's hitting everywhere. It was on BBC World last night that Australia's posted a decline in GDP for the last quarter, which caused its dollar to drop. And it's expected to get worse. Australia has lots of natural resources, but it has an extreme water problem, plus it's expensive to get its exports to many places. It was doing great with China, but that's drying up.

Parts of Canada have significant problems because of the plummeting oil prices and because its major export market is the US. The forestry industry in BC is in a bad way. All manufacturing in Ontario. House prices falling.

Don't run away from bad stuff until you know for sure it's better where you're going. There's a lot to be said about going through hard times among friends ani family and in a country where you understand the system.

End of story.

Bev
I don't think anyone's disagreeing that the UK is in a bad recession, and it's hitting some areas and some jobs very hard. You know. You live there, and I'm sorry for what you're going through.

What some of us are trying to get across is that it's hitting everywhere.

totally agree. my reply was aimed at people 12,000 miles away telling us who are being hit hard , that theres planty of jobs here if ya look hard enough or change your channel of job.
THATS A LOAD OF BOLLOX AND THERE DEFINATLY TALKING OUT THERE ARSES.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:55 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlie rara
theres planty of jobs here if ya look hard enough or change your channel of job.
Lets hope, you don`t need to pass a spelling test to get a job eh!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Lets hope, you don`t need to pass a spelling test to get a job eh!
dont need 2 spell proper when building a roof or hanging doors ,fitting kitchens or slagging each other off on expats .
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Remember the postee is referring to Leicester and not somewhere nice.
or slagging lesta off
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:08 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

dont need 2 spell proper when building a roof or hanging doors ,fitting kitchens or slagging each other off on expats .
Its just as well for you then eh!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:08 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

or slagging lesta off
Do you think its nice?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Do you think its nice?
theres a pub just down from train station called the barley mow, thats rubbish. im not into their footy team either so no , its pretty garbage
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:22 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

theres a pub just down from train station called the barley mow, thats rubbish. im not into their footy team either so no , its pretty garbage
If you think its garbage why take offense at me supposedly slagging it off?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

QUOTE "Remember the postee is referring to Leicester and not somewhere nice."
UN QUOTE
and the fact that your other comment about my spellin ( which im now doing on porpoise)has actually contributed nothing to this thread. makes me feel that your only here to pick a fight / argument with people. i have better things to do than sit here arguing with you , the simpsons are on , so im off.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:43 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

the simpsons are on , so im off.
Well....the Simpsons are about a family of very dysfunctional people.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Flea:I hope it all works out for you,you seem to know what you're talking about and tell it as it is (which I like by the way lol)Jules:Love how you turn things round,it makes sense as well lol xx
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:14 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

As there's been a debate on jobs, immigrants and who gets the jobs, this should make an interesting read.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7922875.stm
Old Mar 4th 2009, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all

I assume your spelling of "offense" was a dig at Charlie ?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 9:46 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Diggler
I assume your spelling of "offense" was a dig at Charlie ?
I could take credit for that but that would be dishonest. The truth is, in that particular second of our eternal existence I had my American English head on.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:51 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

What some of us are trying to get across is that it's hitting everywhere.

totally agree. my reply was aimed at people 12,000 miles away telling us who are being hit hard , that theres planty of jobs here if ya look hard enough or change your channel of job.
I think you need to go read my post again.

Where did i say there are plenty of jobs if you look hard enough, or change your channel of job????

I ACTUALLY said, that the poster was talking out of their backside by stating htere were no jobs in the UK, and I am 100% absolutely correct in that!!

So, in effect I am not talking out of my arse am i?

In answer to what do i do and where do i do it, well not a lot at the moment as i am sick, but my husband is a forensic psych nurse. There are so many jobs available in that area its unreal.

Of course i understand that some sectors or the workforce are doing it tough right now. I have never denied that, but I am pig sick of people stating that the UK is going down the pan because of it. It isnt! Apart from nursing, I am pretty certain there are many other industry sectors still advertising and needing staff, so it is not everyones truth that there is no work, which is what the poster was claiming.
Both my son in laws have secure jobs, 3 of my friends have no jobs issues, so in effect i am correct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.