Just how bad is it in the UK??

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:56 am
Just Joined

janice1uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just how bad is it in the UK??

Originally Posted by 65 million
Hi all,

Is it really as bad as the on-line papers are saying in the UK? Have house prices really taken a big hit? How long is it taking you to sell?
Been here for four years now. Part of me would like to go back.

Thanks 65KK
Why would anyone want to return to uk!!!!!!! NO JOBS, NO PROSPECTS, NO FUTURE IN UK. I would leave uk today if i could.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

A friend of mine moved to NZ approx 18 months ago but couldn't find full time work so moved back to the UK after 6 months. Having been back for nearly 12 months he still can't find full time work. He's in the motor trade and a MOT tester.
One of my brothers found out yesterday that he will be made redundant at the end of March and the other brother has taken a 15% pay cut to try to keep his job.
It's not all rosy here in WA as I have just taken redundancy but was lucky enough to find another job for the same money.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

janice1uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
A friend of mine moved to NZ approx 18 months ago but couldn't find full time work so moved back to the UK after 6 months. Having been back for nearly 12 months he still can't find full time work. He's in the motor trade and a MOT tester.
One of my brothers found out yesterday that he will be made redundant at the end of March and the other brother has taken a 15% pay cut to try to keep his job.
It's not all rosy here in WA as I have just taken redundancy but was lucky enough to find another job for the same money.
I know people are effected all over at the moment, lets just hope things get better soon. Good luck to all those struggeling at these times. Lets hope that things pick up soon before dreams turn into nightmares.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janice1uk
Why would anyone want to return to uk!!!!!!! NO JOBS, NO PROSPECTS, NO FUTURE IN UK. I would leave uk today if i could.
With all due respect, thats a load of bollox
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

stephendutchman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by charlie rara
apart from plumbers/carpenters/brickies/decorators/roofers/and everybody else tied into the building trade.
the only people doing any good is footy players ( £150,000 per week )
lol right on the money
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:46 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

I truly don't think there's going to be that much difference in countries as we all get through this, so running from the UK as a whole to anywhere in Canada or Australia makes no sense.

Yes, it's possible for people to leave rough and/or hard hit areas of the UK and end up in more orderly and economically healthy places in Australia and Canada, but why assume the scale of living conditions is any different?

Some of the factors to do with saving and job skills might travel with a person, putting them in the same place elsewhere. Australia and Canada have their rough places and are suffering the economic downturn, and in some places, feeling it a lot.

So it's more a matter of looking at what's going on exactly where you are, and what it will really be like exactly where you're going. Not the dream vision of a mythic "Canada" or "Australia."

But there are benefits to living in Canada and Australia, and in the UK. It's all in personal circumstances and desires.

Bev
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:19 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonfrank123
I agree mate, work everywhere if you really want it. Not always the work you want but there is work in general.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Mary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to all

I applied for loads of jobs when i returned back in December and ending up being offered 5 jobs, one of which i accepted. I even had interviews that i couldn't attend because they clashed with other interviews. Don't get me wrong, actually looking and applying for jobs was like a full time job in itself, but if you put the work in, which I did, there are jobs to be found.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:12 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mary1967UK
I applied for loads of jobs when i returned back in December and ending up being offered 5 jobs, one of which i accepted. I even had interviews that i couldn't attend because they clashed with other interviews. Don't get me wrong, actually looking and applying for jobs was like a full time job in itself, but if you put the work in, which I did, there are jobs to be found.
Agreed, if you are willing to go out of your narrow ideas of what you should do theres work.
California is hit really bad, we are over 10% unemployment now and that doesn't count people who have fallen off the rolls due to their unemployment expiring, or those who have taken low pay part time just to get some money coming in. Middle class families falling behind on the house payment and loosing the house is in everywhere including my neighborhood.
At least there is a better back up system if you live in the UK, here you get to live in your car (if it isn't repo'ed)or a tent under the freeway (till the cops come and move everyone on)
UK is still tops in my book
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jonfrank123
No it is not bollocks, you are not here, you don't know. Britain is in crisis, thousands of british workers are losing their jobs every day with little prospect for many of finding another, there are dozens of applicants for every job, if you lose your job and expect to live off your savings then think again, interest rates practically nil on savings. If you are single and have no children then you are expected to live on £64 week job seekers allowance and thats it.

House repossessions are running at record levels, government borrowing is also running at record levels due to massive uncontrolled spending and a spiralling welfare bill, leaving this country with a massive tax burden which will last well beyond our life time. Several European leaders have now openly criticized the running of our economy by the current government, it is that bad.

Tens of thousands of immigrants are pouring into the UK and before you start shouting about racism, they are not here to fill skill shortages, how can they be, there are 1000's of skilled people now unemployed, many immigrants are illegal who our weak government is either unable or unwilling to expel so the good old British Tax Payer funds their living costs and health care. Also many eastern Europeans who can come here legally, they openly admit that they are here for Tax credits, they can even claim for children who aren't even living in the UK.

Many parts of the UK are now a picture of urban decay, so many places rundown, no respect by large members of our communities of their surroundings, each other and their property, the government is now openly bracing itself for a crimewave across the country.

The economy is not expected to show signs of recovery until 2010, by then it will be too late for the estimated tens of thousands of businesses that will close their doors.

If it is so great here then why are you in Canada?

Do not make comment on somewhere you are not.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Do not make comment on somewhere you are not.
So we can expect not to see you making any comment in the godzone then?

<<snip>>

Last edited by Sue; Mar 3rd 2009 at 11:53 pm. Reason: Comment removed. Come on please, lets keep it civil. Thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:47 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by australianinleicester
If it is so great here then why are you in Canada?
morons always ask that
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
So we can expect not to see you making any comment in the godzone then?

<<snip>>
Oh nice one.........I have seen ruder car stickers about leaving Aus if you don't like it...mind you that might just be in W.A
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:59 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Please lets not let this thread descend into a name calling fest can we. Be mindful we all have different views, and be respectful of those views, there is no need for personal comments.

Thanks
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:04 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

It has become somewhat nasty after being moved into mbttuk.
It could be the barbie thread has a valid point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.