Just how bad is it in the UK??

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice
Default Just how bad is it in the UK??

Hi all,

Is it really as bad as the on-line papers are saying in the UK? Have house prices really taken a big hit? How long is it taking you to sell?
Been here for four years now. Part of me would like to go back.

Thanks 65KK
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 1:57 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just how bad is it in the UK??

Originally Posted by 65 million
Hi all,

Is it really as bad as the on-line papers are saying in the UK? Have house prices really taken a big hit? How long is it taking you to sell?

Thanks 65KK
They won't let unaccompanied body parts on the aircraft, all of you will have to go
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
They won't let unaccompanied body parts on the aircraft, all of you will have to go

You are a very silly man . . . and I like you!
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:21 am
ABCDiamond

That's quick thinking

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:35 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks 65KK
Surely if you're thinking of going back it doesn't matter how long they're taking to sell, since you'll be buying?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:49 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Surely if you're thinking of going back it doesn't matter how long they're taking to sell, since you'll be buying?
I think you missed the point, I presume you were getting at the recession and how it is affecting the UK.(No offence Hutch)

OP did you not find what you came here for ?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

We're just on our way out of the UK, house sold in 3 days for virtually the full asking price and car sold in 3 days too. I guess we were lucky but there are still buyers around for the right property even though the official figures show fewer transactions taking place.

The housing price drop is partly due to the reduced number of sales, only those that have to sell are selling and they are accepting lower offers so the market appears to be falling fast. The people that don't have to sell are waiting or putting their houses up for rent instead (actually the rental market is now flooded and rental incomes dropping because of this). I suspect the housing market will recover fairly quickly once the economy stabilises.

Jobs are currently being cut all over the UK but mostly for non skilled workers or for companies that were strugling before the recession and have now folded. There are certainly fewer jobs about but if you have the right skills then you will find work, I guess this is true in all countries though.

If you are coming back to the UK then its probably a good time to buy a house if you have the funds though.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

that really tickled me!!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice

Originally Posted by RobertC
We're just on our way out of the UK, house sold in 3 days for virtually the full asking price and car sold in 3 days too. I guess we were lucky but there are still buyers around for the right property even though the official figures show fewer transactions taking place.

The housing price drop is partly due to the reduced number of sales, only those that have to sell are selling and they are accepting lower offers so the market appears to be falling fast. The people that don't have to sell are waiting or putting their houses up for rent instead (actually the rental market is now flooded and rental incomes dropping because of this). I suspect the housing market will recover fairly quickly once the economy stabilises.

Jobs are currently being cut all over the UK but mostly for non skilled workers or for companies that were strugling before the recession and have now folded. There are certainly fewer jobs about but if you have the right skills then you will find work, I guess this is true in all countries though.

If you are coming back to the UK then its probably a good time to buy a house if you have the funds though.
apart from plumbers/carpenters/brickies/decorators/roofers/and everybody else tied into the building trade.
the only people doing any good is footy players ( £150,000 per week )
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:06 pm

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charlie rara
apart from plumbers/carpenters/brickies/decorators/roofers/and everybody else tied into the building trade.
the only people doing any good is footy players ( £150,000 per week )

Decorators.......where in australia are they in demand. not up the gold coast for sure
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 2:22 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
Decorators.......where in australia are they in demand. not up the gold coast for sure
Good ones are
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 4:37 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

... *applauds* ...

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

Hi all,

Thanks 65KK
Which ever part of you wants to come back here have it removed if it isnt life threatening!!!
The papers only tell part of the story the reality of living it is a nightmare. There is nothing but bad news every day.:curse:
I cannot wait for June 09 when I will finally put this country behind me
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Katmac has a spectacular aura aboutKatmac has a spectacular aura aboutKatmac has a spectacular aura about

I agree when was the last time the papers gave the Uk population something to smile about!!!
Just watched the forecast snow again next week... :curse:

Have the op get it removed save yourself ha ha
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:45 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I think it really depends what profession you are in.
If you can get work then everything will be fine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.