Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

"Inbetweenies" Thread:For those who are definitely returning, but not for a while

"Inbetweenies" Thread:For those who are definitely returning, but not for a while

Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Inbetweenies" Thread:For those who are definitely returning, but not for a while

Originally Posted by Kentish Lass
Told my Mum that we could be thinking of returning but she said that we are 'a lot safer here as everyone is getting stabbed over there!'
Going back for a much-needed trip home soon,so will see for myself.

Been hanging on because of my kids. Here to give them a 'better life' but my teenage boy is really messing up.That could be another thread because I'd like to hear how other families have got on. They have a lot of freedom early, so by the time they reach teenage years it's hard to contain them. If they grow out of sport, there isn't really anything for them but I suppose there are bored kids everywhere.
I defintely would love to talk to you about teenagers, I have 3 and I am so sad.....I will send you a PM.....I often wonder if it would have been different if we had stayed in the UK, I have been the best mum, stayed home, over compensated for the fact we had no family here, I know I gave too much.
My son has messed up.......
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Inbetweenies" Thread:For those who are definitely returning, but not for a while

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
A quick search using the 'Search Function' and I found this.
Oh thanks for that, it has made my day start with a real laugh, dont you love the British sense of Humour, I miss it so much.........
Old Jul 20th 2010, 5:22 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Oh thanks for that, it has made my day start with a real laugh, dont you love the British sense of Humour, I miss it so much.........
Me too! I was pmsl reading those posts! lol
Old Jul 20th 2010, 5:22 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

I defintely would love to talk to you about teenagers, I have 3 and I am so sad.....I will send you a PM.....I often wonder if it would have been different if we had stayed in the UK, I have been the best mum, stayed home, over compensated for the fact we had no family here, I know I gave too much.
My son has messed up.......
Hope all is OK, that doesn't sound too good
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all

Such a funny thread...Thanks Lorry1 for that! I MISS the English humour...

I'll start a separate thread for 'how are your teenagers turning out?'. I'm sure there are others having trouble.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 10:46 pm
The Brit is back

Such a funny thread...Thanks Lorry1 for that! I MISS the English humour...

I'll start a separate thread for 'how are your teenagers turning out?'. I'm sure there are others having trouble.
Yep..where there's teenagers...there's trouble!
Old Jul 21st 2010, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

teenagers...... phew what a lot of work, I think the fact they learn to drive at 16 makes them feel so much power. it may have been the same in the UK but well I feel i have lost control of my lot......
Old Jul 21st 2010, 2:35 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

teenagers...... phew what a lot of work, I think the fact they learn to drive at 16 makes them feel so much power. it may have been the same in the UK but well I feel i have lost control of my lot......
I have a new driver
Old Jul 21st 2010, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh god isnt it the scariest thing, all three of mine drive now, I have twins 18 in two weeks girls and a 19 and half year old son.......my daughter just got a $350.00 speeding ticket...... she was doing 89 in a 65.......there goes half her savings...actually she is pleading not guilty... things if the cop doesnt show up she will get away with, cant tell them anything.
good luck Mummy..........
Old Jul 21st 2010, 1:45 pm
The Brit is back

Oh god isnt it the scariest thing, all three of mine drive now, I have twins 18 in two weeks girls and a 19 and half year old son.......my daughter just got a $350.00 speeding ticket...... she was doing 89 in a 65.......there goes half her savings...actually she is pleading not guilty... things if the cop doesnt show up she will get away with, cant tell them anything.
good luck Mummy..........
I got caught speeding in January, doing 80 in a 50..got a $300.00 fine!
If the US is like here in Canada, you turn up for court with loads of other road offenders and you get called one by one. You can plead guilty or not at that point. If you plead not, you get a court date and it's not likely you'll win. If you plead guilty, you get 6 months to pay the fine and you can choose a week to be banned from driving.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 1:47 pm
The Brit is back

Yeah, I don't like the driving at 16 thing, it's way too young and at that age you have no responsibility for yourself or others!
Here in NS, they are at school until they're 18 so they can drive themselves which I find crazy

My daughter is nearly 16 and I am no way ready for her to drive. I'm going to put it off as long as I can!
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:29 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I still won't let the older one drive if I'm in the car and he's 22 next month. the 16.5 year old just passed his test and our insurance has jumped to prove it.
He has no money and so very little gas, and doesn't really go anywhere thank goodness. He has his brothers high school car a 72 Mustang so if he hits anything chances are he'll survive in that big hulking piece of steel.
Older ds is now in UK driving grandmas car on her insurance, god bless her!
Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

nvgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, so many stories that sound like mine. Our citizenship applications are going through at the moment so once we have those - hopefully by the end of this year - we'll sell our house and move back. We moved to North Vancouver 4 years ago and I have never really settled. I have a 2 year old now and my second one is one the way. It's a very hard decision because OH doesn't want to move back but will do what's best for all of us. With 2 kids the logistics and cost of going back and family and friends coming here for holidays will be harder, my parents are getting on and I can't get my head around my kids growing up and not knowing their grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. I worry that I'll regret moving back because what we have on our doorstep here in Vancouver is amazing but you gain and lose wherever you are and I know that I was happier in England.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all

It's hard isn't it. I would love to go back and have moaned and hinted about it since we've been here. But if my husband asks me outright, I umm and arr about it perhaps being better for the kids here, or the fact that I'd feel guilty moving everyone back. A part of me is scared of making a mistake. I'm sorry we ever came here but we did. Sometimes it doesn't work out to go back to something. Places and people move on. Life probably is easier here. We have a lot more here eg a better house with land, two cars....But I still find it boring and lonely.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of
Red face Re: "Inbetweenies" Thread:For those who are definitely returning, but not for a while

It's hard isn't it. I would love to go back and have moaned and hinted about it since we've been here. But if my husband asks me outright, I umm and arr about it perhaps being better for the kids here, or the fact that I'd feel guilty moving everyone back. A part of me is scared of making a mistake. I'm sorry we ever came here but we did. Sometimes it doesn't work out to go back to something. Places and people move on. Life probably is easier here. We have a lot more here eg a better house with land, two cars....But I still find it boring and lonely.
Kentish lass - I have behaved like a total idiot, to my family's way of thinking - raised capital on my home - in Shropshire, came to Thailand, rented the house out, and will you believe? Spent a total of £62,500 in a year or so, then raised a bank loan of £12,000 with Lloyds/TSB (now down to £9,000), and am now returning without any furniture, or kitchen things, and just about £15,000 in the bank, to buy all the necessaries, bearing in mind, tomorrow, i shall be 80.( looked at Car Insurance, and wowee!) Still- life is for living! dontheturner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.