Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Moved Back To The UK & Regretted It?

Has Anyone Moved Back To The UK & Regretted It?

Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:30 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has Anyone Moved Back To The UK & Regretted It?

Originally Posted by Diggler
Ill have that.

My point was the government openly doesnt know how many people live in the UK. I couldn't remember making reference to "illegal immigrants", but i accept your point.

My apologies.

Diggler
...and do you think that the Canadian government knows how many people live in Canada?

What about all the illegal mexicans for a start?
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:31 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Ill have that.

My point was the government openly doesnt know how many people live in the UK. I couldn't remember making reference to "illegal immigrants", but i accept your point.

My apologies.

Diggler
In that case, if the UK is unable to know exactly how many people live there and its an island surrounded by sea, just how many illegal immigrants must there be wandering about in Canada considering the thousands and thousands of miles of unprotected land border area with USA?
Mind you, I doubt many of the Mexicans will head up there, they not that daft to wanna live in the snow
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:33 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Mind you, I doubt many of the Mexicans will head up there, they not that daft to wanna live in the snow
They do you know

http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=...7596021&k=8472

G
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:36 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

The same applies to Australia. The only reason the ten pound pomme arrived was because the Australian government realised that a population of only 7 million could not defend the country. I doubt 21 million can either.

It's an odd suggestion that anyone could know accurately how many people live in any country because of the way travel is so common today not to mention how many people leave a country. Haven't a lot of the Poles left the UK because of the downturn?
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:38 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Good grief!

Andre, Andre.. me use sombrero for snow shovel
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by cricket1
The same applies to Australia. The only reason the ten pound pomme arrived was because the Australian government realised that a population of only 7 million could not defend the country. I doubt 21 million can either.

It's an odd suggestion that anyone could know accurately how many people live in any country because of the way travel is so common today not to mention how many people leave a country. Haven't a lot of the Poles left the UK because of the downturn?
There have been several people smuggling gangs busted lately in Australia....the tip of the iceberg.

Indonesia is just a short boat ride away.....not to mention the 50000 estimated illegal brits.

G
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

In that case, if the UK is unable to know exactly how many people live there and its an island surrounded by sea, just how many illegal immigrants must there be wandering about in Canada considering the thousands and thousands of miles of unprotected land border area with USA?
You`ll find that the Canadian provinces have programs to bring Mexican farmers into central Canada. Also Canada is a very popular destination right now for Latin Americans, especially if they don`t mind the cold weather. You are quite right about illegals entering Canada from the USA. When I was there, I heard of numerous stories of Latin Americans entering this way and applying through refugee status or just disappearing into Canada itself. The fact is that canada needs their cheap labour.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:40 pm
Bitter and twisted

Good grief!

Andre, Andre.. me use sombrero for snow shovel
My brother lives in Oregon which has been part of the route north for many years.

A lot of the crime in cities like Portland and Seattle is committed by migrants who then simply disappear into canada.

G
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Grayling
...and do you think that the Canadian government knows how many people live in Canada?

What about all the illegal mexicans for a start?

I know, I know...

I am not sure how all this Diggler bashing came about !

We have good friends in Canada, who, believe it or not we have visited and spoke to. They have lived in England too. Only in the "good old days".

The top and bottom of it is, I think it will provide a better lifestyle for me and my family. I think this, friends tell me this, and yes, some people on this site have told me otherwise, however, we have to make a decision and thats what we will do. If it turns out to be wrong, we can deal with it. The world wont end.

One thing wont change is my opinion of England now. Like i have said before, i was that patriotic Englishman with a bulldog and Georges cross tatood on his arm, in his local, having a pint watching the match. But things have changed, even over the last 15 years.

I am prepared to give it a go, and who knows, in three years i may be back on here knocking the dreamers. But, "youve got to have a dream,........."

Regards,

Diggler.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:44 pm
Bitter and twisted

"I have laid my dreams beneath your feet....tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

W.B. Yeats
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:46 pm
Bitter and twisted

IBut things have changed, even over the last 15 years.
That is all it is....your opinion.

It is not mine.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:47 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

The Poles are returning in numbers therefore its impossible for the government to know the true figures in the UK of even the legal migrants there.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:48 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

I know, I know...

I am not sure how all this Diggler bashing came about !

We have good friends in Canada, who, believe it or not we have visited and spoke to. They have lived in England too. Only in the "good old days".

The top and bottom of it is, I think it will provide a better lifestyle for me and my family. I think this, friends tell me this, and yes, some people on this site have told me otherwise, however, we have to make a decision and thats what we will do. If it turns out to be wrong, we can deal with it. The world wont end.

One thing wont change is my opinion of England now. Like i have said before, i was that patriotic Englishman with a bulldog and Georges cross tatood on his arm, in his local, having a pint watching the match. But things have changed, even over the last 15 years.

I am prepared to give it a go, and who knows, in three years i may be back on here knocking the dreamers. But, "youve got to have a dream,........."

Regards,

Diggler.
Do you need to trash the UK in order to create the reason to leave?
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:51 pm

caledonia is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=cricket1;7123589]I lived in Northampton, an area known for high crime. I was never affected by it because i didn't give it an opportunity to affect me. Because I knew about personal safety, I worked alongside the police for a long time.

This is the attitude I was referring to before and I do find it smug. You are suggesting that the reason you were never affected by crime is because you did something to stop that happening to you - working with the police, those who you earlier dissed for choosing to work for govt agencies. By this argument, those who have been affected by crime - its their own fault because they didnt do anything to prevent it??

I agree to a certain extent - eg wandering around blind drunk in the city centre makes you a target - but many millions are affected by crime by no fault of their own nor because they didnt take precautions - graffiti, vandalism, robberies, pension scheme scams - the list is endless - but you cant blame the victims. Mind you, I expect you will be back on now telling us how you avoided the pension scam because you foresaw it and invested your money more wisely than all other poor sods.

for someone who appears to promote a christian way of life (the mother theresa reference) you dont seem to show a lot of compassion for others.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all

Do you need to trash the UK in order to create the reason to leave?
Are these forums not all about giving advice and honest opinions ? Its up to the reader what they do with it.

Peolple have trashed Canada to me. Im an adult. I will make my own decision.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.