Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Moved Back To The UK & Regretted It?

Has Anyone Moved Back To The UK & Regretted It?

Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:53 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has Anyone Moved Back To The UK & Regretted It?

Originally Posted by Diggler
For gods sake !

Whats wrong with everyone. Scaring people ? Are you having a laugh
Cricket1?
If you are a police officer then no, I don't find your comments funny at all. As I said, the police generally prefer to take the stance of reassuring the public that crime is under control not least because it makes them look like they are doing their job. You're doing the opposite. You're painting a doom and gloom picture suggesting the UK is sinking in crime laden communities which are out of control. Great for any elderly people living alone reading this thread.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:54 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think so. At least, not when i visited !
Wasn't very crowded where I lived in the Peak district either.....and I did not see any crime all the years I lived there.

You obviously wear different spectacles to me
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cricket1
If you are a police officer then no, I don't find your comments funny at all. As I said, the police generally prefer to take the stance of reassuring the public that crime is under control not least because it makes them look like they are doing their job. You're doing the opposite. You're painting a doom and gloom picture suggesting the UK is sinking in crime laden communities which are out of control. Great for any elderly people living alone reading this thread.

Tough,

Thats how it is im afraid.

You carry on living in your diamond walled mansion, stick you head in a bucket and pretend its not happening if you want.

But whatever, stop making bone comments and trying to rub people up the wrong way.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Grayling
Wasn't very crowded where I lived in the Peak district either.....and I did not see any crime all the years I lived there.

You obviously wear different spectacles to me
The Peak District ?

10 minute drive fom Manchester in the middle of the night in your solen car at 90mph. (no motorway).

Its ok i suppose if you can afford to live there.

It seems many peolple dont like my OPINION of England !
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:04 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

The Peak District ?

10 minute drive fom Manchester in the middle of the night in your solen car at 90mph. (no motorway).

I commuted to Oxford road for years mostly travelling back at night.....never any bother.

.....and I could afford it on a salary similar to a police officer.

Is that your real motivation? Do you think you will be financially better off?

If so why not say it instead of this nonsense about crime.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:05 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

The Peak District ?

Its very heartening to know that you recognise your stance is an opinion and not a fact.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

I have lived in the UK, Africa, New Zealand and Australia, Sydney and Melbourne and touch wood have not experienced any crime anywhere. I read about it of course and it does happen but how many stories do you read, one per day for three million people. Look at the statistics, yes there is crime but I think given the amount of people in UK Aus or anywhere else its not that bad.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:10 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Tough,

Thats how it is im afraid.

You carry on living in your diamond walled mansion, stick you head in a bucket and pretend its not happening if you want.

But whatever, stop making bone comments and trying to rub people up the wrong way.
Hmmm, pressed the wrong button hey Diggler? I didn't buy into your expert theories so you have to resort to insults. That shows you've lost the argument.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

I commuted to Oxford road for years mostly travelling back at night.....never any bother.

.....and I could afford it on a salary similar to a police officer.

Is that your real motivation? Do you think you will be financially better off?

If so why not say it instead of this nonsense about crime.
Probably not be that different if our research and chats with friends are correct. But hopefully, my daughter will grow up in a more pleasent environment. If thats not the case, then all our research and chats will have been wrong, and we will return. It wont be the end of the world.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:12 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Petals
I have lived in the UK, Africa, New Zealand and Australia, Sydney and Melbourne and touch wood have not experienced any crime anywhere. I read about it of course and it does happen but how many stories do you read, one per day for three million people. Look at the statistics, yes there is crime but I think given the amount of people in UK Aus or anywhere else its not that bad.
I know, its laughable really.

As often said on these forums, those most likely to succeed when decididing to emigrate do so because of the pull of another country, not the push of the one they re already in. The notion that running away from a place to find a better life is flawed.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Its very heartening to know that you recognise your stance is an opinion and not a fact.

Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:15 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Diggler made a reference to illegal immigrants earlier.....I was responding to that.
I couldn`t find the reference but I am sure you are correct,
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
I couldn`t find the reference but I am sure you are correct,

Wrong actually,

Made no reference to illegal immigrants.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:21 pm
Bitter and twisted

And come on cricket1 - lets not split hairs, i said population touching 70 million. 61 and a bit, fair enough. They are the ones the government knows about !

Regards everyone,

Diggler.
So what is this a reference to
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

So what is this a reference to

Ill have that.

My point was the government openly doesnt know how many people live in the UK. I couldn't remember making reference to "illegal immigrants", but i accept your point.

My apologies.

Diggler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.