Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

DVLA Residency Rule (EEC Directive 1997)

DVLA Residency Rule (EEC Directive 1997)

Old Nov 24th 2017, 10:39 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DVLA Residency Rule (EEC Directive 1997)

Stop whingeing, it's bad luck that you have had this problem but it is a serious condition.

Just google sleep apnea and road deaths.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 5:53 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Let me see if I've got this right. The OP suffered from falling asleep while driving and went to be treated for this. A doctor in the NHS informed DVLA of his condition as they have just to by law. The OP saw various different doctors and eventually found a cure and is now medically well enough to drive.

He lives in Tennessee but for some obscure reason he wants a British driving license and is throwing a hissy fit because he can't get one without a) living there and b) proving that he is safe to drive.

And all this is the combined fault of DVLA, the EU, and the NHS.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 10:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tennesseestud
...I don't believe I should be locked out of a DVLA process to restore my privilege to drive in my own home nation, while being registered on the Electorial Register there ... Which is more than some born citizens of Britain can claim to have.
Hmmm.....
... I am allowed to...keep my voter registration current.
How's that relevant to a driving licence?
Originally Posted by tennesseestud
...I know more about driving knowledge in this state than the US Citizens around me
How do you know?

I'm sensing a pattern here. And it's not looking a very nice one.