Downsizing and Up-pricing.

Old Jun 8th 2016, 9:36 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Downsizing and Up-pricing.

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Muah'Dib will know.
Yes he will
Old Jun 9th 2016, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

Our return experience was to move back into the 3 bed house on an estate left 18 years before. It was quite distressing to have a lot of work done to get it back into shape on the heels of difficult tenants. I felt closed in by the relatively small internal spaces and by the nearness of neighbour houses. It took a long long while but 6 years later I have become used again to the house size and by strategic planting have somewhat disguised the view of adjacent properties. The small garden is nice again but the sound of adjacent hard accelerating and speeding vehicles drives me nuts. Despite that, the garden supports wild bird nests in bushes and boxes and plenty bees etc.. My wife is quite happy to be back in this smaller house for reason of less housework and being adjacent to a well served bus route.
Somehow though we not entirely happy here, can't really identify the reason, have often consider other housing options near and far. June has intent to move into a city centre flat at some distant point and I am getting used to the idea - but where? We like nearby Norwich but then again we like to spend time in countryside which we have very close to where we are now. We just had a few leisure days in Sheffield (first ever visit), enjoyed the city and people and saw some lovely, new, and reasonably priced city centre flats there, Choices eh. In US our first rental was a lovely apartment in a nice complex and later we moved into a nice big house in an spacious subdivision with trees everywhere. Move that plot to the UK, put this smaller house on it, set up a regular bus service and we would be be getting closer.
Or would we?
Or is it just the restless nature of an ex-mariner and ex-expat?
I must remember to enjoy the best, ignore the worst, of wherever we happen to be.
Best wishes to all, I don't visit here so much now. John

Last edited by J.JsOH; Jun 9th 2016 at 10:33 am.
Old Jun 12th 2016, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you would visit more often John, I've found your posts to be some of the more balanced of those who have returned.
I think I would adapt quite quickly to a smaller living space, and definitely to a smaller garden to look after. The closeness of neighbouring properties, well that's a totally different matter.
Old Jun 18th 2016, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
I wish you would visit more often John, I've found your posts to be some of the more balanced of those who have returned.
I think I would adapt quite quickly to a smaller living space, and definitely to a smaller garden to look after. The closeness of neighbouring properties, well that's a totally different matter.
Thanks Bud, that is nice of you to say. I tend not to visit here in the interests of looking forward, rather than back, in my rehab journey. The less balanced reports were something I could do without.