Displacement activity from what?

Old Mar 28th 2014, 7:55 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Displacement activity from what?

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Sorry Yes it did!

After the Bramble I am now tussling with laurel roots.
Laurel who? Is she local?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Laurel who? Is she local?
In French, she can be quite saucy.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deepcpearl
Glad to see your sense of humour is as sharp as ever. Hope all's well with you and you're settling in. (You do know we're all waiting for an update from you?!)
Thanks fer' askin'!

The move was right. I had no sense of 'settling in', I was home. It righted a personal wrong for me. I love it-my surroundings are blissful.

There is where it stops. It's been hell. The good news is that they diagnosed the blood clot in time. Second time this has happened-Warfarin for life.

The bad news? Maybe later. What I walked into in my seniors complex has stunned me. It's elder abuse.

MP/the overseer body for these landlords/*Safeguarding Social Services/and the local Doc'.-all are investigating-the Doc approached * also.

I took it on-they tried to ignore me-so I went for them. At least their CEO and Board all know how to spell my name now.

I'm so short on sleep I am moving out temporarily because of problems with my specific flat.
They are meeting all costs. They have agreed to a comp payout. They knew I would sue.

................and I have just skimmed the surface because I have to catch a train soon.

I described this to a friend in Oz this morning (UK) as like one of those Westerns where you ride into town and people are hiding behind curtains afraid..and you find the town is run by the outlaws and corrupt officials.

You think I jest? Nope. Currently senior 'management' phones me every morning to check I'm still alive!! (I have had heart pains with the stress). All they are afraid of is liability. I have left a letter with my nephew at his Chambers. They know it. I told them.

The occasion BE post was simply light relief. The story I can tell should go into a blog I suppose. I've said more here than I wanted to.

Go back to what you were talking about...
Old Mar 28th 2014, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Emperor I am appalled!
All I can do is wish you well, chinup and things will get better. These homes are variable. (I was on the board of an organisation that ran half a dozen). But it all boils down to the management. As most are "charities" or NfP the board have little direct control,
Also the ones that are the smartest are not always the best run. Sometimes they just want the residents to sit tidily.

Best of British, mate.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

deepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond repute

That is an awful situation to be in, Emperor. It's good that your move back to the UK was right for you but are you able to look for a new home as well? The least you deserve from the people around you is civility and these people have shown it's not in their nature. You did right to stand up to it and report it -- kudos to you -- but no amount of investigations and governmental oversight will make these pleasant people to live with; if anything, you'll now be targeted as a trouble-maker. Unfortunate and unfair but true nonetheless. I'd love to hear that you'd found somewhere new to live.