Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Criminals to be stripped of their British citizenship and deported

Criminals to be stripped of their British citizenship and deported

Old Feb 28th 2016, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminals to be stripped of their British citizenship and deported

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I am advocating for the best protection for citizens and residents of the UK from criminals. If there is an option to remove convicts from the UK, it should be exercised. Oh, and I elect politicians to represent my interests, which happens to include having fewer criminals living in the society in which Iive.
You must really hate me using my expertise and first hand experience to advise more criminals on how to acquire waivers of ineligibility for the USA then.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

I am advocating for the best protection for citizens and residents of the UK from criminals. If there is an option to remove convicts from the UK, it should be exercised. Oh, and I elect politicians to represent my interests, which happens to include having fewer criminals living in the society in which Iive.

I agree. If Johnny Foreigner is welcomed into the UK, he should be grateful and respectful of the laws of our country just as YOU should be respectful of the laws of any other country you happen to be passing through.

If he disrespects those laws, their citizenship SHOULD be revoked and deported back to their 'home' country. If they came to the UK as a refugee, they should have even more incentive to respect our laws given the alternative. If they choose to break those laws, let them return 'home' and face their home country's idea of justice.

Likewise, if a UK born citizen chooses to pledge allegiance to another country over their country of birth, they become no different from Johnny Foreigner and subject to the same rules.

I'm sure nobody actually believes this rule is going to be applied to someone doing 35mph in a 30 limit.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 2:08 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chawkins99

I agree. If Johnny Foreigner is welcomed into the UK, he should be grateful and respectful of the laws of our country just as YOU should be respectful of the laws of any other country you happen to be passing through.

If he disrespects those laws, their citizenship SHOULD be revoked and deported back to their 'home' country. If they came to the UK as a refugee, they should have even more incentive to respect our laws given the alternative. If they choose to break those laws, let them return 'home' and face their home country's idea of justice.

Likewise, if a UK born citizen chooses to pledge allegiance to another country over their country of birth, they become no different from Johnny Foreigner and subject to the same rules.

I'm sure nobody actually believes this rule is going to be applied to someone doing 35mph in a 30 limit.
The ones that will think that are the ones who promulgate all those conspiracy theories, or believe them.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 2:21 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The ones that will think that are the ones who promulgate all those conspiracy theories, or believe them.
Huh? Non sequitur of the day.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 2:23 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Tell you what, let's keep the foreigners and send this lot somewhere else.

Old Feb 28th 2016, 2:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Tell you what, let's keep the foreigners ......
That's fine. Maybe they could at least abide by our laws?

I am also consistently amazed at liberals' tolerance of all free speech, that they agree with.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 2:34 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

That's fine. Maybe they could at least abide by our laws?

I am also consistently amazed at liberals' tolerance of all free speech, that they agree with.
I'm just following along with your idea that we should have politicians represent our personal views rather than uphold a system of law that is the same for all.

I would rather get rid of the British neo nazis than a Polish shoplifter. So they should do what I want.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 2:41 pm

I'm just following along with your idea that we should have politicians represent our personal views rather than uphold a system of law that is the same for all.

I would rather get rid of the British neo nazis than a Polish shoplifter. So they should do what I want.
I can't say I'm surprised, liberals are more tolerant of criminals than people who think differently from themselves.

Personally I don't much care what other people think, it's a free world and they can think what they like. I am, however, intolerant of criminality.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 2:52 pm

I can't say I'm surprised, liberals are more tolerant of criminals than people who think differently from themselves.

Personally I don't much care what other people think, it's a free world and they can think what they like. I am, however, intolerant of criminality.
That's not yours to worry about though. You can leave all that to May and Company. After all, she probably doesn't want to protect the far right either. Or maybe those who support a UK exit. Or maybe she will leave office and the next person will get to decide who is protected and how.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 3:20 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

That's not yours to worry about though. You can leave all that to May and Company. After all, she probably doesn't want to protect the far right either. Or maybe those who support a UK exit. Or maybe she will leave office and the next person will get to decide who is protected and how.
Instead, she'll probably be the next Tory leader!
Old Feb 28th 2016, 3:31 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Instead, she'll probably be the next Tory leader!
I think Boris is more than penciled in for that job.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 5:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chawkins99

The UK is hardly a country you are just passing through if you've been born and raised there. It hardly makes you a 'Johnny Foreigner' either. In most of these cases the person concerned is a British citizen by birth but because Dad moved to the UK from Pakistan in the 1970s then that person also holds Pakistani citizenship whether they've ever been there or not.

Again you don't need to convicted of a crime, Mrs May just needs to believe that it would be 'conducive to the public good' to strip you of your British citizenship and deport you to a country you may have never been to. The legal safeguards are zero.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Ascension island is practically empty. We could send them there. Or St Helena.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The UK is hardly a country you are just passing through if you've been born and raised there. It hardly makes you a 'Johnny Foreigner' either. In most of these cases the person concerned is a British citizen by birth but because Dad moved to the UK from Pakistan in the 1970s then that person also holds Pakistani citizenship whether they've ever been there or not.

Again you don't need to convicted of a crime, Mrs May just needs to believe that it would be 'conducive to the public good' to strip you of your British citizenship and deport you to a country you may have never been to. The legal safeguards are zero.
This applies only to those criminals who hold dual nationality.
It would surely be impractical. Your original link is regarding a Pakistani origin gang. The newspaper as always describes them as "Asian sex abusers".
So you could possibly have a gang of criminals composed of both Indian and Pakistani origin individuals. The Pakistani origin could be deported, the Indian not (dual nationality not allowed for the latter). It won't happen!
Old Feb 28th 2016, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis

In most of which cases? Do you have details?

You seem to be suggesting that you can be shipped off to foreign shores at the behest of Theresa May if you glance at her in the wrong way. That's just sensationalism.

I believe that if a dual UK-Pakistani (or Iranian, or Saudi or Canadian or French etc.) chooses to take up arms AGAINST the UK with their 'other' nationality, we should have the right to exclude them from the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.