Countdown

Old May 15th 2014, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Countdown

Wishing you Editha everything of the best! I can so relate to your post. I have hives, in the wrong place! I am so stressed that my nightly glass (?'s) of wine I share with hubby is my medicinal tonic! My doctor is seeing me again tomorrow re stress and hives and I hope he will prescribe something to help me cope with all of this! Being in Canada I could really do with a smoke of a "joint" medicinally although I gave up smoking 25 years ago! I knew it was not easy but I never realised that it was actually harder to move back to UK than to come here! We have everything in place in UK when we had nothing to come to here but still it is harder!
Old May 15th 2014, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Only problems this end resulted in severe insomnia, but more worryingly, heart pains for the first time in my life. The ECG showed nothing TG, and the pain went.

It is easy to see the latest trauma as the worst, but I honestly believe that the move was the most stressful thing I've ever done. Every single part of it had to be revisited because of problems with airfare/luggage weight/passport/shipping/packers/insurance. The only thing that went without a hitch was transferring my meagre funds bank to bank (I took the easiest option without compunction).
(I went with even less-but that made things simpler).

We do what we have to, but it is like the childbirth thing: it damn well is painful! Accept it; minimise the pain as you can.

Want it enough; you'll do it.
Old May 15th 2014, 11:21 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Our whole move went ridiculously easy, the flights, the holiday on the way, the kids settling in, things being almost exactly as we expected even buying a house start to finish in a few weeks.
Old May 15th 2014, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww shaddup!
Old May 15th 2014, 1:38 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
But, the letter says nothing about alcohol, so I've replaced my afternoon tea with a beer, and as a result I am feeling no pain.
This sounds like a plan for life

Best of luck with the test.
Old May 15th 2014, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Our whole move went ridiculously easy, the flights, the holiday on the way, the kids settling in, things being almost exactly as we expected even buying a house start to finish in a few weeks.
I am sure you are smoking something Chris
Old May 15th 2014, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

This morning we are having all the MLS Realtors do a tour which I am grateful for because they may have a client or two who may like the house. Our house is one of those houses that you must walk in the front door to appreciate it so the hardest part is going to be just that!

And as to be expected I have hives everywhere, so I now know it is stress! Going to get the doctor to prescribe something for me to just keep me on an even keel. I don't normally take any drugs but now feel it is time for some help! The wine makes you wake up feeling sluggish

On a more positive note today next week we will be in England for a holiday
Old May 15th 2014, 3:28 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feelbritish
I am sure you are smoking something Chris
I am eagerly awaiting some horrible negative experiences to bring me down to Earth.
Old May 15th 2014, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am eagerly awaiting some horrible negative experiences to bring me down to Earth.
Well I hope not!
Old May 15th 2014, 3:40 pm
Banned

Well I hope not!
It's bound to happen sooner or later, this is England after all
Old May 15th 2014, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

It's bound to happen sooner or later, this is England after all
Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.

Cecil Rhodes, I think
Old May 15th 2014, 10:23 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

I have been declared healthy (ish) by the heart doc, and I now go back to the UK with a set of medical records guaranteed to astound my rural GP.

And, I'm back on the tea again. No more afternoon beer.
Old May 16th 2014, 4:40 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.

Cecil Rhodes, I think
One of the things I find bizarre about Cecil Rhodes is those scholarships. One of my ancestors immigrated to the USA from where his son got a Rhodes scholarship and went to Oxford. Meanwhile back in the UK the Rhodes scholar's cousins couldn't even afford to take up a grammar school place.

Not that Rhodes scholarships aren't a good thing, but when they started most British people got no education at all beyond the age of 12.

Just saying.
Old May 17th 2014, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glad you have been declared healthy Editha

On the subject of our "house tour" the realtors were positive especially about location and grounds BUT there are 8 houses in our price and absolutely no movement in the market for the last 6 weeks. Looks like we may be here for another year or two! Please send me some of those Albertans looking for a house on the Island!

On a frivolous note, one my ancestors went hunting with Cecil Rhodes while he was governor of the Cape Colony, have an old black and white pic with them sitting on their horses. Not sure if he did a lot of good in his day wanting to paint the map of Africa from Cape to Cairo in red!

Looking forward to more updates from you
Old May 17th 2014, 4:03 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Glad you have been declared healthy Editha

On the subject of our "house tour" the realtors were positive especially about location and grounds BUT there are 8 houses in our price and absolutely no movement in the market for the last 6 weeks. Looks like we may be here for another year or two! Please send me some of those Albertans looking for a house on the Island!

On a frivolous note, one my ancestors went hunting with Cecil Rhodes while he was governor of the Cape Colony, have an old black and white pic with them sitting on their horses. Not sure if he did a lot of good in his day wanting to paint the map of Africa from Cape to Cairo in red!

Looking forward to more updates from you
Best of luck with your sale. Last year our house hung on the market for a few weeks too, but we did sell in the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.