Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Chat about the UK BE map and how to use it.

Chat about the UK BE map and how to use it.

Old Nov 13th 2014, 3:56 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chat about the UK BE map and how to use it.

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I've had a go:

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=12...%2C%20UK&add=1

(The first time I tried it the map was way out in the North Sea, so that's why it's centred on Birmingham. Add yourself by going to 'list' in the box with 3 lines.)
I've added myself.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody returning who cant afford to buy a house?

I hope it works OK. If it does, yes, would be good to sticky it.

I want it to show the whole of the British isles, at the moment I have to two extremes of zoomed in or out.
I'm done
Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:00 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chat about the UK BE map and how to use it.

I've had a go:

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=12...%2C%20UK&add=1

(The first time I tried it the map was way out in the North Sea, so that's why it's centred on Birmingham. Add yourself by going to 'list' in the box with 3 lines.)
How do I amend? It shows more detail of my address than I'd like.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:07 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it works OK. If it does, yes, would be good to sticky it.

I want it to show the whole of the British isles, at the moment I have to two extremes of zoomed in or out.
I've managed to post two pins (I think I did this on the global one, too!)

To delete, it is asking me to sign in and so I will have to look at whether I created an account last time.

If you have editing rights, you can delete the red one (lower down of the two). I have deliberately put my location at the top of a mountain. After I posted the red one, I realised when I zoomed in that it was in the wrong place, anyway (too far south from where I actually live). Right-click didn't seem to enable me to do any editing, either.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Trying this one:

http://bit.ly/1ugzW3U

Last edited by Sally Redux; Nov 13th 2014 at 4:24 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
I'm done
Originally Posted by Editha
How do I amend? It shows more detail of my address than I'd like.
Originally Posted by dunroving
I've managed to post two pins (I think I did this on the global one, too!)

To delete, it is asking me to sign in and so I will have to look at whether I created an account last time.

If you have editing rights, you can delete the red one (lower down of the two). I have deliberately put my location at the top of a mountain. After I posted the red one, I realised when I zoomed in that it was in the wrong place, anyway (too far south from where I actually live). Right-click didn't seem to enable me to do any editing, either.
Thanks all who added!

Let me take a look at the queries.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:22 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

I can't find a way of editing.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have changed the default to not show street address for anyone.

I can only see one pin for you dunroving?
Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

At least it's taken your postcode off.

I think you're supposed to be able to edit your own pin but I haven't worked out how myself.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:28 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

I have changed the default to not show street address for anyone.

I can only see one pin for you dunroving?
Ta ever so. That's fine.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ta ever so. That's fine.
Good.

I found dunroving's other pin and deleted.

Phew.

Any more takers?

It's a nice idea to put a photo on - I don't think you can do that retrospectively, would have to re-do your entry.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:56 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

At least it's taken your postcode off.

I think you're supposed to be able to edit your own pin but I haven't worked out how myself.
Ah-ha, I think I figured out how. When you set it up and click Submit, it gives you a link and says copy it. If you copy it and then paste into your browser, it takes you to the original edit window and you can make changes.

May not be useful if you have already set yours up and didn't save the link, but for new people setting up a new pin, make sure you do it.

I'm assuming you can save the link as a favourite so you can go back and edit any time.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah-ha, I think I figured out how. When you set it up and click Submit, it gives you a link and says copy it. If you copy it and then paste into your browser, it takes you to the original edit window and you can make changes.

May not be useful if you have already set yours up and didn't save the link, but for new people setting up a new pin, make sure you do it.

I'm assuming you can save the link as a favourite so you can go back and edit any time.
Shall I put it in a new thread? Or could a mod just pluck it out of this one?
Old Nov 13th 2014, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh! If you click on your name in the bubble does it give you options to edit? I can in mine.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 6:07 pm
Ping-ponger

Shall I put it in a new thread? Or could a mod just pluck it out of this one?
- good idea!

Oh! If you click on your name in the bubble does it give you options to edit? I can in mine.
- nope, doesn't seem to do it for me. I vaguely recall that on the other BE map, that did work for me, though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.