Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Car insurance - overseas no claims?

Car insurance - overseas no claims?

Old Aug 31st 2014, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car insurance - overseas no claims?

Sorry been searching for the old thread of this but couldn't find it.

I tried Aviva to use 7 years no claims but again I hit a brick wall as they only accept no claims from certain countries. I guess USA and Australia.

Uruguay no as with everything else. Having a bit of bad luck with Uruguay.

Was looking at a premium of 171 pounds and now it is 390 as they won't accept Uruguayan no claims.

Any other companies out there that are likely to accept my no claims?
Old Aug 31st 2014, 5:33 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car insurance - overseas no claims?

Originally Posted by alfista1
Sorry been searching for the old thread of this but couldn't find it.

I tried Aviva to use 7 years no claims but again I hit a brick wall as they only accept no claims from certain countries. I guess USA and Australia.

Uruguay no as with everything else. Having a bit of bad luck with Uruguay.

Was looking at a premium of 171 pounds and now it is 390 as they won't accept Uruguayan no claims.

Any other companies out there that are likely to accept my no claims?
I think other people had luck with Direct Line.
Old Aug 31st 2014, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car insurance - overseas no claims?

Originally Posted by dunroving
I think other people had luck with Direct Line.

Thanks.
Unfortunately their price was double that of aviva.

Just got a slightly cheaper price from insure wiser. called them and they are brokers but use aviva and give me a slight discount with the overseas no claims but looks like I'll need to cough up some serious cash for the first few years.

Looking at getting a cheap second car for school runs but the no claims is only valid for 1 car???. never heard that before. Is this new?