Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

"The Bull" - the UK forum's very own, very British, pub

"The Bull" - the UK forum's very own, very British, pub

Old May 4th 2013, 9:25 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "The Bull" - the UK forum's very own, very British, pub

Originally Posted by mikelincs
That's like the UK supermarket that was forced to remove a batch of 'monkeyy nuts' from the shelves because it didn't say 'contains peanuts' on the bag.. WTF do they think monkey nuts are?? monkey testicles? I really wish that was a joke, but it wasn't, I saw some yesterday in ASDA, and the transparent packaging had, printed on it, 'contains peanuts'.
I never thought of that. That must surely be the reason for such labeling, to avoid any confusion over nuts and testicles. The last couple of posts on this thread reminded me about the obituary for Common Sense.

http://rense.com/general92/deathof.htm
Old May 4th 2013, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Cardienscarf....No not joking, she was as mad as hell. Nothing like making people feel useless.
Old May 4th 2013, 7:44 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
I never thought of that. That must surely be the reason for such labeling, to avoid any confusion over nuts and testicles. The last couple of posts on this thread reminded me about the obituary for Common Sense.

I hadn't see that before. Good one!
Old May 4th 2013, 7:46 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Cardienscarf....No not joking, she was as mad as hell. Nothing like making people feel useless.
I think H&S rules are bent by those who want to get out of doing something and by those who want to get paid for doing nothing.
Old May 5th 2013, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Jerseygirl......Had too many drinks and forgot to answer your question, yes it was Hoole, Chester.

I remember having a few drinks and thinking I was fine but then you walk outside and hit the fresh air and all of a sudden your head begins to swim..... When your sitting with friends you dont notice the amount of drinks you are consuming.
Old May 5th 2013, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

If1....How very true the Obituary for Common Sense is.........How much worse can it get......
Old May 5th 2013, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
If1....How very true the Obituary for Common Sense is.........How much worse can it get......
If you have to ask, you probably won't like the answer.....
Old May 5th 2013, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

DaveLovesDee...Yes how much worse can it get pretty soon you will have to ask permission to sneeze. How many times have I sneezed and pulled a muscle.....or could be they will limit the amount of teaspoons of sugar you can put in that tea or how many you can drink a day. Big Brother is Watching You.....
Old May 15th 2013, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1

Problem with Common Sense is that that it is not very common.

.......or rather, those in charge of justifying their own existence are assuming that 'we' don't have common sense and need to be told every little last thing else we might sue them

Last edited by J.JsOH; May 15th 2013 at 5:13 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2013, 8:24 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to this month's players in the Bull's Eye quiz.

rebs was the winner by 7pts, and the results are here. The quiz link can be found in my signature.
Old Jun 1st 2013, 8:26 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Well done to this month's players in the Bull's Eye quiz.

rebs was the winner by 7pts, and the results are here. The quiz link can be found in my signature.
BE quiz
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=44158

Barbie quiz
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=70965

Bull Quiz
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=101044
Old Jun 1st 2013, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

Thanks Mike!