The Bulgarian & Romanians

Old Jan 4th 2014, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Bulgarian & Romanians

Originally Posted by BristolUK
So you post a link of a "self described" independent organisation that draws support from those who are anti-immigration and where the very first item is "What is the problem?" (rather than is there one) as your contribution to proper debate.
..and your contribution is what exactly? Too simply ignore the figures presented because they don't fit with your views.. or do you have anything constructive to add?

"The essence of the problem remains - namely that governments have lost control over our borders during the past fifteen years. This has resulted in immigration on a scale that is placing huge strain on our public services, housing, environment, society and quality of life."

That's the problem you so glibly dismissed.. or do you deny that's the case?

Last edited by TheCreature; Jan 4th 2014 at 3:06 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 3:04 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebeccajo

The Rom/Bul invasion is the Y2K of the UK.

Maybe in a year you will see that.
yes 'Maybe'
Old Jan 4th 2014, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Markie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vexcore
So far they are here now washing cars.... but give it 1 year and see what happens.

call me a fool? wait a while....
So, do I understand correctly? You, yourself, are an immigrant somewhere, correct? Yet you view immigrants to the UK as being freeloaders, correct?
Old Jan 4th 2014, 3:08 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCreature
..and your contribution is what exactly? Too simply ignore the figures presented because they don't fit with your views.. or do you have anything constructive to add?

"The essence of the problem remains - namely that governments have lost control over our borders during the past fifteen years. This has resulted in immigration on a scale that is placing huge strain on our public services, housing, environment, society and quality of life."

That's the problem you so glibly dismissed.. or do you deny that's the case?
See Post #62.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 3:12 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markuhde
So, do I understand correctly? You, yourself, are an immigrant somewhere, correct? Yet you view immigrants to the UK as being freeloaders, correct?
Don't start.... you should read my posts as my argument is valid - but the majority will claim... you wait n see (which in my eyes is VERY WRONG) you agree? or disagree?

i have no problem with foreigners.... 'I MY SELF' is one now in china

but seriously you need to look up my posts im sure you'll 'chuckle' and you don't see me claiming the state in china GOD FORBID simply because im not a citizen.... that's how it should be they are designed for the citizens of the country no? but pols rom bulg etc can freely claim? UK needs to wake up and get rid of the coward and traitor known as 'DAVID CAMERON'

Last edited by Vexcore; Jan 4th 2014 at 3:15 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:26 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:26 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

The Rom/Bul invasion is the Y2K of the UK.

Maybe in a year you will see that.
A very good analogy, spot on.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:40 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

So far they are here now washing cars.... but give it 1 year and see what happens.

all for nothing was Y2K

along the lines of ....

A few of them will collectively pool their money & likely own their first of many car wash outlets, as well one or two houses rented to British folks on welfare or many more of their country folk that end up in the UK - all the while British workers & scroungers [as reported in the Daily Mail] will be up in arms that the Romanians & Bulgarians are taking over the country. Or, that that came to the UK to take jobs, from Brits, saved their money then left back to their countries with bags full of money.

'what we need is a change of government'

The other point on this following the first lad to land is that he is working a 8-6 shift for minimum wage & what he earns in one shift is approx what it took him 10 days to earn back home.

If that lad in the car wash was my child I would be proud.....

But its too early to judge the outcome a year from now

Last edited by not2old; Jan 4th 2014 at 6:47 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 6:54 pm

Harvester523 is an unknown quantity at this point

See Post #62.
Post #62 is irrelevant - it's already happened. I don't think the borders opening now will make too much difference. It's already a small country with too many people.
Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Honestly, is it worth making yourself sad about something which doesn't exist any more? The world has to change, and there are some things which are worse and many things that are much better than when I was young.
I'm still waiting for someone to enlighten me as to how the UK is better now than say 30 years ago.
Originally Posted by chris955
Absolutely. All countries change, its just the way it is. Where I grew up I used to be able to look out the front door and see open spaces for miles, now it is solid houses, bland suburbia.
Its 'progress' and it happens everywhere.
It's not 'progress', it's mismanagement.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

See Post #62.
Of the 13 per cent (7.5 million) of residents of England and Wales on 27 March 2011 who were born outside of the UK, just over half (3.8 million) arrived in the last 10 years

UK Census 2011.

Do you think 3.8 million people is migration on a similar level to 100k?
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:05 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harvester523

I'm still waiting for someone to enlighten me as to how the UK is better now than say 30 years ago.
To anyone that emigrated in 1984 they're likely better off, or are they.

Average every day folks in the UK have more disposable income than in 1984 and likely fewer poor people would be my guess.

FYI, in 1984 the single max state pension was £35.78/wk, today as of April this year it'll be £113.10/wk. I suppose that's a step in the right direction
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:10 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by TheCreature
Of the 13 per cent (7.5 million) of residents of England and Wales on 27 March 2011 who were born outside of the UK, just over half (3.8 million) arrived in the last 10 years

UK Census 2011.

Do you think 3.8 million people is migration on a similar level to 100k?
if you live in the UK today does inbound immigration affect your personal daily life, if so, how?

Are immigrants qualified or not, taking jobs away from Brits that do not want to do those jobs that who would rather sit idle or collect welfare.

Or is it that a job in a car wash or working back slaving in a farmers field below the standard of a Brit born?
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by not2old
To anyone that emigrated in 1984 they're likely better off, or are they.

Average every day folks in the UK have more disposable income than in 1984 and likely fewer poor people would be my guess.

FYI, in 1984 the single max state pension was £35.78/wk, today as of April this year it'll be £113.10/wk. I suppose that's a step in the right direction
Disposable income has been falling in the UK for years so that's anybodies guess.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-25-years.html
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by not2old
if you live in the UK today does inbound immigration affect your personal daily life, if so, how?

Are immigrants qualified or not, taking jobs away from Brits that do not want to do those jobs that who would rather sit idle or collect welfare.

Or is it that a job in a car wash or working back slaving in a farmers field below the standard of a Brit born?
I love that line. It's peddled all the time that "Brits do not want to work" or are "idle and living off welfare".... its always said by Brits who obviously think that they must be different somehow and its only other Brits who are lazy bastards. Its a joke.

Mass migration of unskilled labour has achieved has given firms exactly what they want, a huge pool of 'cheap people'. It's managed to depress the living standards of those already at the bottom of the heap even further.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 8:59 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harvester523
Post #62 is irrelevant - it's already happened.
You don't see at all how the gong you bang now is no different than the one from 1902?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.