Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch

Originally Posted by northernbird
Unforgiven is quite an old one, think it's back on ITV player due to Scott and Bailey being back on the air. It's a good series and I think Suranne Jones is an extremely underrated actress.

The Syndicate is Tuesday night, or Wednesday breakfast for me!!
I am just beginning to explore the BBC and ITV iplayers, so have no idea when anything was originally on. Glad they brought it back though. I'm off the detective type series for a little now as I had really filled up on them over the past few years. Like the 3-part series dramas best, and other longer dramatic series like Broadchurch and The Syndicate. Any others you could recommend?
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:46 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
I am just beginning to explore the BBC and ITV iplayers, so have no idea when anything was originally on. Glad they brought it back though. I'm off the detective type series for a little now as I had really filled up on them over the past few years. Like the 3-part series dramas best, and other longer dramatic series like Broadchurch and The Syndicate. Any others you could recommend?
The Village on BBC is good. First episode is a bit bleak but it's got better. I like Mad Dogs which was on Sky and Mount Pleasant, also on Sky. Not sure if these are available online anywhere. Scott & Bailey, Vera, George Gently, Above Suspicion although most of those are detective ones unfortunately and again not sure how many available online.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

The Village on BBC is good. First episode is a bit bleak but it's got better. I like Mad Dogs which was on Sky and Mount Pleasant, also on Sky. Not sure if these are available online anywhere. Scott & Bailey, Vera, George Gently, Above Suspicion although most of those are detective ones unfortunately and again not sure how many available online.
I couldn't get through the first episode of the The Village, but I was having a bad day. I might try it again. Thanks for the suggestions! Meet you back here after Broadchurch
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 2:07 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

I can't believe I get to watch Broadchurch tonight LIVE ! Knowing my luck it will turn out to be the Mum! Wouldn't that be a shocker?? So far I haven't got a clue because they keep throwing things our way to make us think we've worked it out and then something else crops up!

I guess we'll find out soon enough What a great night of TV viewing on ITV tonight.... 2 episodes of Corrie and Broadchurch ! Time to get my fluffy slippers on, my jammies and a big cuppa and curl up!

Oh and I better add to that a couple of packets of Walkers Hmmm should I have the prawn cocktail tonight??
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 2:09 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
I couldn't get through the first episode of the The Village, but I was having a bad day. I might try it again. Thanks for the suggestions! Meet you back here after Broadchurch
Yes I'd recommend giving The Village another go.. I watched the first episode and it wasn't bad. I missed the second one and I think it was the third one on telly last night, but I fell asleep and missed that one too, so I have to catch up as well.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 3:09 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I can't believe I get to watch Broadchurch tonight LIVE ! Knowing my luck it will turn out to be the Mum! Wouldn't that be a shocker?? So far I haven't got a clue because they keep throwing things our way to make us think we've worked it out and then something else crops up!

I guess we'll find out soon enough What a great night of TV viewing on ITV tonight.... 2 episodes of Corrie and Broadchurch ! Time to get my fluffy slippers on, my jammies and a big cuppa and curl up!

Oh and I better add to that a couple of packets of Walkers Hmmm should I have the prawn cocktail tonight??
Ha haaaa. I thought of you this morning when I remembered that Broadchurch is on tonight. I can't wait to see whodunnit but I don't want it to end!
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 3:12 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Broadchurch

Ha ha.....was just taking a quick peek at today's London Evening Standard newspaper online and they have a list of suspects (and bookies odds lol) of the murderer in Broadchurch!

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/...t-8576578.html
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 3:16 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Ha haaaa. I thought of you this morning when I remembered that Broadchurch is on tonight. I can't wait to see whodunnit but I don't want it to end!
I know ! Too bad they can't go off on another route and David Tennant decides to stay and between the two of them they solve all sorts of crimes.lol. But that would be difficult as DT is now in a show about a politician.. lol
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 3:20 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Ha ha.....was just taking a quick peek at today's London Evening Standard newspaper online and they have a list of suspects (and bookies odds lol) of the murderer in Broadchurch!

I must admit I read them all, and liked the reasoning behind them.. Now I'm just more confused..so will just have to wait until tonight like the rest of the country.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 3:25 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

I just voted!!
Spoiler:
I think Joe Miller did it because of something that happened between his son and Danny. I think his son knows about it which is why he's been acting all weird.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 4:00 pm
Yorkshire Lass

I just voted!!
Spoiler:
I think Joe Miller did it because of something that happened between his son and Danny. I think his son knows about it which is why he's been acting all weird.
Hmmmm...nice theory! We'll find out later won't we?
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Hmmmm...nice theory! We'll find out later won't we?
'Later' will be later for some of us than others
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 5:26 pm
Yorkshire Lass

'Later' will be later for some of us than others
True, forgot that. So better remember not to comment about it on BE lol
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 5:29 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I'm staying off Facebook and BE plus all the news websites until I have watched it first thing 8am Perth time/1am UK time!!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 5:32 pm
Yorkshire Lass

I'm staying off Facebook and BE plus all the news websites until I have watched it first thing 8am Perth time/1am UK time!!!!
Not a bad idea lol . Better to be safe than sorry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.