Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch

[QUOTE=WhoFan63;10649848]
Originally Posted by perthhomeschool

No it's not started yet...it starts in May I think it said, so hopefully I will be there and can watch it LIVE on the telly.
Of course you will So I've been trying to track down the song that's played while the end credits roll. Apparently it has not been released yet. Maybe waiting until the show concludes. It's sung by Icelandic singer Arnor Dan. Such a haunting melody. Love the voice!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:42 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=perthhomeschool;10650081]
Originally Posted by WhoFan63

Of course you will So I've been trying to track down the song that's played while the end credits roll. Apparently it has not been released yet. Maybe waiting until the show concludes. It's sung by Icelandic singer Arnor Dan. Such a haunting melody. Love the voice!
I read that they're going to be releasing the soundtrack so you'll have to keep your eyes open for it.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=WhoFan63;10650085]

I read that they're going to be releasing the soundtrack so you'll have to keep your eyes open for it.
Here's something else by him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O-WHevzCR8

Last edited by Perth; Apr 9th 2013 at 9:48 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:49 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=perthhomeschool;10650088]

The following is according to the DT web site

Olafur Arnalds' atmospheric Broadchurch score is to be released on iTunes.

The musician tweeted his fans this afternoon saying:
Good news for #Broadchurch fans! We are aiming for a iTunes digital Soundtrack EP to be released April 15th along with the 7th episode!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:50 pm
Yorkshire Lass

[QUOTE=perthhomeschool;10650088]

Now that is haunting for sure !
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=WhoFan63;10650099]

Now that is haunting for sure !
It really feels like winter, doesn't it!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 10:00 pm
Yorkshire Lass

[QUOTE=perthhomeschool;10650105]

It really feels like winter, doesn't it!
Yep... I would love to play that on a stereo and turn it up Imagine looking out the window and seeing snow as you hear it??
Old Apr 15th 2013, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anyone watching The Syndicate? Just saw the first two episodes and it's brilliant! About some hospital employees that have a lottery pool going on and they finally win 72 m. It follows their lives before and after.

Last edited by Perth; Apr 15th 2013 at 1:32 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 1:30 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Yes love the Syndicate too. Currently addicted to Foyles War!!
Old Apr 15th 2013, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
Yes love the Syndicate too. Currently addicted to Foyles War!!
Have been trying to catch up on amazon prime, but there are endless series
Old Apr 15th 2013, 1:46 pm
Yorkshire Lass

For those who are interested..the Broadchurch soundtrack is available as of today
Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:33 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Broadchurch

Who watched it last night? (Episode 7 with the finale next Monday).

(If you haven't - I promise there isn't a spoiler below!)

I'm very impressed with Pauline Quirke; when I was a child I used to watch her in the 'Double Deckers' Saturday morning TV programme. Then in the 80s she was in the comedy series 'Birds of a Feather'. However, I didn't realise she could act in a more serious role.

I still haven't a clue who killed Danny - I'm now wondering if his school friend pushed him off the cliff?

Anyway - there is a review of last night's episode in today's 'Independent' newspaper - but be warned, there are spoilers!

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013/...s-1-episode-7/
Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:39 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Who watched it last night? (Episode 7 with the finale next Monday).

(If you haven't - I promise there isn't a spoiler below!)

I'm very impressed with Pauline Quirke; when I was a child I used to watch her in the 'Double Deckers' Saturday morning TV programme. Then in the 80s she was in the comedy series 'Birds of a Feather'. However, I didn't realise she could act in a more serious role.

I still haven't a clue who killed Danny - I'm now wondering if his school friend pushed him off the cliff?

Anyway - there is a review of last night's episode in today's 'Independent' newspaper - but be warned, there are spoilers!

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013/...s-1-episode-7/

I am so glad you didn't put spoilers.. I haven't had the chance to watch last night's episode yet, so maybe this morning if I have time, IF being the operative word..lol.

It's going to be one of those episodes next week, where the audience is SHOCKED to find out who the actual killer is. I can't wait !
Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:40 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=WhoFan63;10650118]

Yep... I would love to play that on a stereo and turn it up Imagine looking out the window and seeing snow as you hear it??
That's exactly what I'm doing now. We had a foot of snow yesterday and it's still snowing a little now.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:42 pm
Yorkshire Lass

[QUOTE=Cardienscarf;10662125]

That's exactly what I'm doing now. We had a foot of snow yesterday and it's still snowing a little now.
The perfect environment then !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.